• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Oh my bads. Guess my opinion is unpopular here, but I think the main issue with the E-Liter is not it's long range but it's effectiveness at close range. That's been addressed in Splatoon 2 so they should be plenty bearable imo. The most intimidating thing about them now is how much skill they require to be played effectively. I'm not exactly the best Splatoon player so I think I'll be using the E-Liter a lot less in favor of weapons that give me more leeway.
I tend to think this way too. There are places to duck for cover, and the e-liters can't snipe across the whole map . There's also 4 of you and 1 of them, so at some point they have to look away, or shoot somewhere, giving you time to move while they recharge.They'll also need to full charge in Splatoon 2 now, so no more kills on 3/4 charges unless you're already weak. Finally, we still have specials and bombs to scare them off, including a sting ray which will work from across the map. No excuses, you have the tools to take out or at least distract snipers.

Damage up being gone is SUCH a blessing. Now if someone takes too many hits to splat, it probably just means your aim is crap ;)
It also means no more guessing if you need to sink 3 or 4 shots (or 5/6/7/whatever) to ensure a splat. Sink the right number of bullets and you can immediately swim away, latency be damned. Because we all know if you sit there and sink 6 shots with a tentatek, there's some latency involved and it could wind up killing you while you strafe around shooting at a target that should already be dead.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I just love how the US Tumblr like me is equally in disbelief by the baller special

Splatoon tumblr:
Baller! (This is a joke....right)
(Seriously this real) *Ahem* Yes there is actually a special called Baller.

Also everyone is saying how broken the eliters was but...tbh the scope variant was the problem.
Eliters themselves kinda fell to the background after the initial nerfs, while scopes rule supreme, even kelp scoped is played more than unscoped eliters.
Again we'll have to wait and see but the E-liter is likely gonna need a buff more than a nerf in future patches (or be completely balanced on the 1st try o_O)

MiceChaff

Inkling
I just love how the US Tumblr like me is equally in disbelief by the baller special

Splatoon tumblr:
Baller! (This is a joke....right)
(Seriously this real) *Ahem* Yes there is actually a special called Baller.

Also everyone is saying how broken the eliters was but...tbh the scope variant was the problem.
Eliters themselves kinda fell to the background after the initial nerfs, while scopes rule supreme, even kelp scoped is played more than unscoped eliters.
Again we'll have to wait and see but the E-liter is likely gonna need a buff more than a nerf in future patches (or be completely balanced on the 1st try o_O)
The scope also has a built in disadvantage in Splatoon 2 because it can't hold charges! Lots of things to consider choosing the perfect charger!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
...did the game leak or something? What's with all the single-player stuff I keep seeing on YouTube?

Also, I just realized I'll likely be busy for the better part of tomorrow, and so will also likely miss the Splatfest. Damn. Not that it's a serious disappointment, but I was kinda looking forward to sharing the salt with y'all. Ah well, I've chosen my side at least.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Yes. While we are all hyped for Splatoon 2, I would appreciate it if, for a short while after the game's release (exact perimeters to be determined), this thread remained FREE OF SINGLE PLAYER STORY SPOILERS.

Once most of us have been able to play the game for a significant amount of time, I will open the thread for Single Player
Story conversation. Until then, the only comments concerning the Story must be vague (EX: "The ending to the story mode was AWESOME!" with no explanation of the events that occurred).

OP has been updated with a similar message to prevent the spread of spoilers to this thread for the time being.

Last edited:

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
You could always direct people to the existing story mode thread. All bets are off once the game is in people's hands, they won't be able to help their excited chatter.
Good idea! Do you have a link I could put in the OP?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
yeah, we'll just keep this thread nearly clear of single player talk, aside from maybe
"Hey! I just heard about 'X', how do I unlock this? It''l be awesome to have it myself!"
"you unlock it in single player, check out 'thread link' ;p."
Speaking of weapon unlocks, rumor is that the first update could be August 23rd. Speculated from one of the construction signs in the tutorial area. After the jellyfish dancing behind the plastic and before you enter the building.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Just challenged alpharad and co to complete 100% Salmon run...let's see how this goes
(MWAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Just challenged alpharad and co to complete 100% Salmon run...let's see how this goes
(MWAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!)
Sooo~ many challenges videos that can be worth watching.

Salmon Run cold start at 50~100%, open map match, grayscale color, inverse color, and opposite joycons (which is vastly trickier than I thought it would be) just to name a few.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I know my copy will arrive in the afternoon and I've planned to have nothing to do that Friday, sooooooooo it'll be a fine time to sleep in :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom