• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
I know my copy will arrive in the afternoon and I've planned to have nothing to do that Friday, sooooooooo it'll be a fine time to sleep in :p
I work evenings, so I am happy to be getting it at about 10pm Thursday evening and playing allllllll night o.o...and maybe not getting to sleep for a couple of days. We will see.

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Moray Towers isn't awful. And the inklines are so fun. You get a good amount of height when you jump from them.
I really like the inklines, especially the one that leads up to snipe. It gives us a legitimate means to take out a camping sniper through relative cover, unlike the last version where you had to power your way to mid without being seen.

I also like the wider ramps, larger mid, and larger sides, it gives you more room to maneuver and it seemed like it really helped my team's play there. We actually won a majority of our Moray games, something I can't say about Moray turf from Splatoon 1. Still have to watch out for those flankers that try to get behind you and ink your ramps, but in general it felt like a more balanced map this time around.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Very good how they've made Moray larger, but the majority of my losses came from that map, so even though I know Moray Towers is much improved I have negative feelings towards it right now. :L

Dog King

Full Squid
It's good to hear Moray Towers has improved. Man, now I have to wait for the EU splatfest to get my first experience with the game! How did Humpback feel for you guys who played the Japanese splatfest?

MiceChaff

Inkling
It's good to hear Moray Towers has improved. Man, now I have to wait for the EU splatfest to get my first experience with the game! How did Humpback feel for you guys who played the Japanese splatfest?
It's good! While it is very open, the waviness of the map prevent chargers from getting total supremacy- unless they're standing on an uninkable wall. It feels like rollers can cover the map pretty easily, and the inkjet also proves useful with the open-air design.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I had a less than optimal setup... I'm at a friend's house this weekend and the internet here is 10MB down .74 MB down.
Needless to say lag happened I had fun but I really need to play at home with my 10 MB up and 30MB down.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Splatfest also has a new calculation method. Your team has to win 2 of 3 categories to win the Splatfest overall. The categories consist of

( Please notice that this is an assumption, I can't read japanese D: )

- popularity in percentage.
- win percentage of players who played alone.
- win percentage of players who played in a group.

The japanese Splatfest ended...
(Rock) 2 - 1 (Pop)
Rock won.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Thus far it appears the inkrails countdown once activated (edit: informed it's 17 seconds). You can see the ink slowly drain from them until its refilled by hitting it with more ink. Once it runs out it cuts out and you simply fall if you're riding it.

Last edited:

Dog King

Full Squid
Thus far it appears the inkrails countdown once activated (edit: informed it's 17 seconds). You can see the ink slowly drain from them until its refilled by hitting it with more ink. Once it runs out it cuts out and you simply fall if you're riding it.
The ink rails are insanely good for flanking and maneuverability. He that controls the ink rails, controls the tower!

Maave

Inkling Commander
It feels like they increased the likelihood of trading when rollers kamikaze each other.

Also Moray Towers challenge: get a mid-air splat using the charge-holding ability on the inkrail. Charge, swim & hold, inkrail, jump, fire & splat.. I managed one so far but my snap game is still off with the new controller/sensitivity.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
The ink rails are insanely good for flanking and maneuverability. He that controls the ink rails, controls the tower!
I'm working on jumping from one ink rail to the other. Almost! Almost. I can almost reach it!

Also Moray Towers challenge: get a mid-air splat using the charge-holding ability on the inkrail. Charge, swim & hold, inkrail, jump, fire & splat.. I managed one so far but my snap game is still off with the new controller/sensitivity.
I'm seeing a few of those already getting posted to twitter. Pretty sweet♫!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Of course Afterwards I have this idea....
I am curious if you can carry the momentum of a splatterdash into a dodge roll with the dodge roll mechanic or at very least cancel that momentum for mix ups and bomb dodges, again will have to wait and see
....but if this is real

*****I call naming it the Momentum drifting (or the Saber Slide :D)

EDIT: Asked Dude to test it out, I will see what he says when he gets back to me

Last edited:

Maave

Inkling Commander
Did anybody else have the controller slide down in their hands? I didn't notice it last testfire but I noticed this time around. The joycon doesn't have the Wii U's finger shelf. I might stick some paper clay nubs onto my joycon grip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom