• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Splatoon 2 Input Lag & aresplatoon2controlsfixed.com

Squirty

Full Squid
NNID
Squirty
Hey Squids and Squidettes,

As some of you may know, the controls in Splatoon 2 have a lot more latency (input lag) than in Splatoon 1. Some people, including myself, hypothesized that this might be a general input lag that affects all Switch games. I have found that this is not the case:

I also hope that this problem might be fixed in an update, so I plan to maintain www.aresplatoon2controlsfixed.com.

SonnyBlueBalls

Full Squid
NNID
ReaganMcClellan
I don't know how much that input lag is an issue, if its universal. That's something to think about. Interesting tho.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It feels like every week there's this new weird issue discovered with Splatoon 2 that hampers the game's skill-based play, lol.

Hope this is fixed soon!

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
It feels like every week there's this new weird issue discovered with Splatoon 2 that hampers the game's skill-based play, lol.

Hope this is fixed soon!
It's starting to look like Smash 4 vs Melee.

Squirty

Full Squid
NNID
Squirty
Wouldnt be different on Splatoon 2 than other games? Input Lag is not the same on all games.
Total input to output lag differs per game, but difference between controllers is *usually* consistent no matter what game. But to ensure that it wasn’t just a problem with ARMS, I tested with Street Fighter 2 and found that it was exactly the same, so we can be almost 100% certain the slightly slower wired mode would be the same for all games.

When I say that joy cons have similar latency, this was testing with spaltoon 2, though.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
So Joy Cons have roughly the same input lag as wireless Pro?

I was thinking of getting a Pro but not if it has more input lag than Joy Cons

EricksonGaming

Inkling
NNID
jaymz26
This has been a huge disappointment for me with this game. I really hope the developers fix this if they can, along with the tickrate on the network. If Nintendo wants this game to grow as an esport, then they need to focus on the online stability and fixing the input lag in the game. If they don't fix these things the future of competitive Splatoon will be heavily limited. I love this game and I don't want to see that happen, but even I will drop the game if they never fix those things because they are crucial to what makes the competitive part fun.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Sorry for the huge bump, but ThatSrb2Dude recently made a video over this issue and I figured it didn't make sense to create a new thread for it.

He doesn't really add anything, but I'm glad he's getting the word out for this huge problem. (Not that Nintendo is ever going to do anything about it though...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom