1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

3. We just overhauled our look and made some big updates. Learn about all the changes!

4. Nintendo has officially revealed their new console, previously codenamed NX! It's called the Nintendo Switch and they've announced Splatoon 2, coming this summer!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

Splatoon 2, meet Squidboards 2!

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Warchamp7, Feb 5, 2017.

Warchamp7, Feb 5, 2017 at 1:47 AM
  1. Warchamp7

Warchamp7 Blame Me If the Place Is Melting
    Admin Premium

NNID:
    Warchamp7
    Today we're proud to announce a visual overhaul to Squidboards! To prepare the site for the freshness of Splatoon 2, we've given the whole site a fresh coat of ink. We hope you enjoy the new look!

[​IMG]

Along with the visual changes, there have been a few structure changes to the site as well. The old Maps, Weapons and Gear boards have been merged together under Competitive Discussion. As well, Regular Discussion and Multiplayer Discussion have been merged together into Regular Discussion. These forums are now grouped together under the Splatoon 1 category, and a new Splatoon 2 category has been added. Booyah Base now houses the forums that are not game dependant.

These adjustments were made to consolidate things into fewer forums so that discussion is more focused. Let us know what you think!

Finally, the biggest change with this update is a brand new homepage for Squidboards. Visiting Squidboards now gives you an easy look at the map rotation, upcoming events, active discussion and the latest news and content from the community!

Our goal with the new homepage was to give new and veteran users alike a great landing page for Splatoon. Be sure to point new players to Squidboards to get a jumpstart in the scene, and tell us about other things you'd like to see on the homepage.

In the coming weeks, we'll be looking for some additional volunteers to help with moderation and keeping the homepage updated with fresh content. Keep an eye out for that if you're interested.

Thanks for reading, and happy splatting!

Squidboards Head Admin
Warchamp7 is the head technical admin of Smashboards and Squidboards, as well as a kid and a squid. As a Ganondorf main in Smash, he can be found playing super aggressive in Splatoon ranked matches, going for flanks and greedy plays.

Keep an eye for updates and improvements to the site from him, as well as direct all the blame towards him when anything goes wrong.

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Warchamp7, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Agadez
      Agadez
      Looking fresh SB.

Great job. :V
      Slurmp likes this.
    2. Chaos_Knight
    3. TeddyBearYoshi
      TeddyBearYoshi
      Really miss the old pink light theme, these new ones are all pretty ugly to me. :T
      Ikaheishi likes this.
    4. Captain Woomy
      Captain Woomy
      I'm really loving how fresh the site looks. Like TeddyBearYoshi, I do miss my dark blue them. :,( But I think these new ones are also pretty amazing.
      Eli-Monk likes this.
    5. Kodidro
      Kodidro
      Good stuff!
    6. Kbot
      Kbot
      When I first switched over, I thought it was a little bit weird and different. However, the new themes certainly grew on me as I used them more. I think it'll be the same way for a lot of people. So, give them a shot, at least!

(By the way, the dark blue theme still exists, along with its light counterpart and the two orange themes. So, if you're really not feeling those, you can always switch back :p)
    7. Captain Woomy
      Captain Woomy
      It still exists? Because it doesn't show up on the list of themes for me anymore.
    8. Kodidro
      Kodidro
      You go to preferences and there's a little bar you can click that has a few themes to choose from

Standard, Blue, and Orange are the choices. All have dark screen variants
      Kbot likes this.
    9. Captain Woomy
      Captain Woomy
      Oh, okay. Thanks.

Edit: It actually doesn't show the old styles there for me, either. But that's alright. I'll just have to get used to these new fresh styles.
      Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    10. Amarae
      Amarae
      It looks good and I agree on the consolidation of forums, but it's still really laggy for me and at least of handful of people I've spoken to about it. Fewer pages I need to load the better, but I'm stil not sure I really want to commit to being part of squidboards versus just using reddit and discord.
    11. Captain Woomy
      Captain Woomy
      Yes, I agree that this site has always been really laggy for me.

I'm not sure if this is on all devices, but I've noticed the site loads quite a bit faster with this new updated look.
    12. Ansible
      Ansible
      Great oogly moogly were my eyes not prepared!

*blinks away tears*

Liking the merges. Makes a lot more sense than the setup you had before that felt redundant.

I'll have to feel out the difference in mobile and desktop versions then get back to you on anything else.
      Slushious and Warchamp7 like this.
    13. Warchamp7
      Warchamp7
      It'll be back!
    14. TyphlosquidDX
      TyphlosquidDX
      Bring back the Purple themes 2K17
      Warchamp7 likes this.
    15. TheSpeedyMouse
      TheSpeedyMouse
      I wish there was a yellow theme (yellow is my favorite color), but I like the new look and organization. :)
      Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
      Warchamp7 likes this.
    16. Slurmp
      Slurmp
      I like the new light blue lite theme with the pink. It looks like cotton candy!
    17. birdiebee
      birdiebee
      My only complant might be the font headers for forum categories. Those fonts don't say Splatoon to me at all. But other than that cool.
    18. Slushious
      Slushious
      The white font on the nav bar is a little hard to read on that bright green, but that could just be me. I'm using the dark version of the new theme since it's a bit easier on my eyes. Will the Octoboards theme be coming back?
    19. Cyndane
      Cyndane
      According to @Warchamp7 , yes it will!!
      Slushious likes this.
    20. Maave
      Maave
      Yeah a bit. Not terrible but could be better. Light backgrounds should have dark fonts and vice versa.
      Slushious likes this.
    21. blu
      blu
      These new forums are feeling funky fresh; very much like the freshness of Splatoon 2! (especially the hot pink!)
    22. Nero86
      Nero86
      Great job, this new theme captures well that Splatoon 2 feeling I get when watching those videos.
    23. kunoichi squid
      kunoichi squid
      Looks great! I was thinking though, it'd be nice to have a place for listing links to merchandise that's for sale, whether it's professional/official or fan-made. That'd be so cool, imho.
      Ansible likes this.
    24. Zipboom
      Zipboom
      Loving the fresh look! Great job squiddo!