• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 merch want?

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
I pre-ordered the bundle, pro-con, the lil case (and it comes with screen protectors) and I'm waiting on the splatoon coloured joy cons (lucky jp getting them with the bundle).

How in am I?

How in are you?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I'm pretty in myself. Want to get the splat2 themed controler, and possibly that carying case too. I'll get the usual random merch as well depending on how its priced and how easy it is to get.

I just hope they bring over some Splatoon 2 themed t-shirts and hats at a reasonable price...

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
I'm pretty in myself. Want to get the splat2 themed controler, and possibly that carying case too. I'll get the usual random merch as well depending on how its priced and how easy it is to get.

I just hope they bring over some Splatoon 2 themed t-shirts and hats at a reasonable price...
Just straight up gimme T shirts of all the brands.

And select iconic clothes and shoes and hats from each one. Also want clothes from god eater too. They got some sweet clothes too.

I love cosplay that doesn't look like cosplay.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
I would love to wear gear from the game because it's all just normal clothes. I want my character's shirt but idk if.it's still avaliable and I don't have the like $50 they were charging anyway. I also like the one-shoulder striped shirt the girl with the gas mask is wearing. I would totally wear that irl and nobody would know it's cosplay.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I want my character's shirt but idk if.it's still avaliable and I don't have the like $50 they were charging anyway.
This is the problem. I can easily find other Nintendo themed shirts of Mario, Star Fox, Zelda, and others for 20 and under. Yet splatoons is high priced and import only. I couldn't even buy a hat since it was Nintendo of NYC exclusive (same with their shirts too) and anyone selling them 2nd hand on ebay would jack up the price.

Really, Nintendo. There's people wanting your Splatoon wares. Fix this.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Plushies, more plushies of the inklings. I want the new flagship boy inkling on my bed, please. Marie is looking to be plushied, too.

I also want SH bandai to get on the bandwagon and make figures already, hrm. Figma can get on this too.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
Plushies, more plushies of the inklings. I want the new flagship boy inkling on my bed, please. Marie is looking to be plushied, too.

I also want SH bandai to get on the bandwagon and make figures already, hrm. Figma can get on this too.
Splatoon is just simple enough for amiibos to be perfectly fine as figures.

Octoling amiibo want.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Splatoon is just simple enough for amiibos to be perfectly fine as figures.

Octoling amiibo want.
Yes, but I meant figures with proper posing. These two companies have already done merch for Zelda, and what not. So seeing Splatoon from them will be amazing since I collected the Mega Man figures from them.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
Yes, but I meant figures with proper posing. These two companies have already done merch for Zelda, and what not. So seeing Splatoon from them will be amazing since I collected the Mega Man figures from them.
According to big action figure nerds the term about having the ability move and pose figures "articulation"

Figures with good "articulation" suffer from less visual quality due to the joints being more obvious. e.g. those old *** power rangers action figures.

Poor articulation would like say statues (since they have none) or Barbie dolls.

And seeing as you're being so specific, I assume you are looking for splatoon figma figures. Figma being very well known for interchangable parts and such (also famous for having them really fking annoying to remove and press in causing many accidents that damages the figures)

lol dude just ripped off the head of a Callie amiibo and slapped it on a generic posing doll

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
According to big action figure nerds the term about having the ability move and pose figures "articulation"

Figures with good "articulation" suffer from less visual quality due to the joints being more obvious. e.g. those old *** power rangers action figures.

Poor articulation would like say statues (since they have none) or Barbie dolls.

And seeing as you're being so specific, I assume you are looking for splatoon figma figures. Figma being very well known for interchangable parts and such (also famous for having them really fking annoying to remove and press in causing many accidents that damages the figures)

lol dude just ripped off the head of a Callie amiibo and slapped it on a generic posing doll
Yes, I know what figma is. I have Dark Pit, and Pit figures from them.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster

With Splatoon figma shockingly not existing, Jakks Pacific's line is the only option. They just released the first two in the US. I managed to find them both, and the Inkling Boy is the better of the bunch. He has ball-jointed arms like a Figma but a swivel head and legs. It isn't distracting at all. The Inkling Girl however has commits some dreaded sins, such as a waist-joint that creates a giant cut across the the middle of the figure. I think if Jakks just left the chest-joint out of future Splatoon figures we'd have a pretty solid line-up, regardless if Figma decides to get off their rump and finally make some Splatoon figures.
Oh, and what merch do I want to see? Clothing! It's notoriously difficult to find any Splatoon clothing here in the states besides the recent Uniqlo shirt. I want the replicas of branded-shirts (Like the ones that have popped up in Japan last year.)

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
With Splatoon figma shockingly not existing, Jakks Pacific's line is the only option. They just released the first two in the US. I managed to find them both, and the Inkling Boy is the better of the bunch. He has ball-jointed arms like a Figma but a swivel head and legs. It isn't distracting at all. The Inkling Girl however has commits some dreaded sins, such as a waist-joint that creates a giant cut across the the middle of the figure. I think if Jakks just left the chest-joint out of future Splatoon figures we'd have a pretty solid line-up, regardless if Figma decides to get off their rump and finally make some Splatoon figures.
Oh, and what merch do I want to see? Clothing! It's notoriously difficult to find any Splatoon clothing here in the states besides the recent Uniqlo shirt. I want the replicas of branded-shirts (Like the ones that have popped up in Japan last year.)
red bubble sells some decent shirts.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Where the heck did you find Inkling Girl

I have the Inkling boy figure (early version, miscolored Ink Tank/Splattershot) And I didn't think about it but you are right. I have a Kid Icarus Pit Figma and the joints are pretty alike, and surprisingly flexible with posing and stability. They've come a long with with that since their Sonic lineup years ago at least...bit of a shame with the waist joint on the inkling girl being less than desired. I hope when they do Splatoon 2 figures that they do away with that, or make it less of an eyesore.

But really. A Figma or even a S.H.Figuarts styled Inkling figure would be great. If it came with a few different weapons for the Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl variants, that would seal the deal even more.

They should try and make some Splatoon 2 themed candy or soda drinks over here too...I'd buy it.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
You know, if they did themed Splatoon icecreams like this:

I'll be sold.
Model that ice cream after the Current Flagship Inkling Boy for Splatoon 2. Its practically the same with that spiky Tentacle hair of his!

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
Pretty much all the shirts and caps from here: https://store.nintendo.co.uk/cool-stuff/characters/splatoon.list?widget_id=634278
Also the official water guns that they announced a while back.

But I couldn't care less about the cushions and the so-called Splatoon pro Controller. It's just a normal Pro Controller with green and pink handles, I don't see what it has to do with Splatoon. They should make a Splatoon controller that's shaped like a Splatoon gun and can be connected with the Joycons.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
Pretty much all the shirts and caps from here: https://store.nintendo.co.uk/cool-stuff/characters/splatoon.list?widget_id=634278
Also the official water guns that they announced a while back.

But I couldn't care less about the cushions and the so-called Splatoon pro Controller. It's just a normal Pro Controller with green and pink handles, I don't see what it has to do with Splatoon. They should make a Splatoon controller that's shaped like a Splatoon gun and can be connected with the Joycons.
And how would the controls even work?
That wii peripheral was for light gun games like crossbow training.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
A joy stick on the barrel?
Yeah why not? Well, not exactly on the barrel, rather on the grip, where your fingers are. For example, the Joystick could be positioned on the side of the grip, then you could easily reach it with your thumb.

Or you could simply place the right Joycon into the grip. That would probably be the easiest solution.
You would reach the face buttons and the right stick as you would normally (with your right thumb). And you would use your right index finger for shooting and throwing bombs, R and ZR would only have to be extended to two triggers on the gun.
Keep in mind that this would be a piece of merchandise, not a controller for competitive gaming. Although the way I imagine it, it wouldn't really take anything away from the controls as they are right now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom