• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Comp. Discussion

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So with the new reworks of weapons sub and special I decided to make the first semi competitive thread, and begin discussion some of the advanced techs showcase in footage of the game, and in game play itself.
As well as theorizingredients meta changes and other such things as Splatoon 2 reaches it's release date.

Advanced technology no. 1- Aerial Charger flick
Weapon: Charger (unscoped?)
Found by @ThatSrb2DUDE

In splatoon unscoped chargers especially the squiffer relied on charging a shot and the doing a short hop to peek and snipe players without them seeing the charger's laser. The problem was is if you did finish charging your charge speed would decrease dramatically in the air leaving you vulnerable to attack .

With Splatoon 2 though you can store and charged shot, then jump with regular mobility, and then release the attack middair. This will catch enemies off guard while giving you the ability to attack while spacing out your opponent.

Advanced. Tech no. 2-Seeker tech chase
Weapon: Seeker sub Weapon
Found by: Saber
With seekers being able to bounce off wall players are now have the option to catch enemies off guard with this sub, however as the game progress back to it chess like matchup the Seeker replacement will also allow for tech chases.
By bouncing off athe an enemy off a wall this subject give you the opportunity to predict their movement.
You can learn if they prefer to jump over it, swim away, or simply veer/dodge roll out of its path.
With this knowledge you can the setup a response based off their actions to splat them
For example, if they try to jump (while using a roller) you can vertical flick them midair, if they swim away build up speed and cut off their escape, and if they try to dodge roll force them to use their dodge then attack them from behind during their landing animation.

Again until Splatoon 2 comes out most of this is theory work, or general preset idea based off the beta test, so changes will occur frequently from now til the games release

Last edited:

dimefox

Inkling
In Splashdown vs Splashdown, the first one activated will splat the other(s) before theirs can finish. In Splashdown vs Jet Pack, splashdown can splat the floating Jet Pack, but I'm not sure if splashdown can be interrupted, as in if the splashdown is actually invincible for the second it's in the air before coming back down.

Vinyl.

Inkster Jr.
Sting Ray is a lot better than expected. If experienced enough, I could be able to locate opponents I've hit throughout the special. I've already helped out a lot of teammates with splat assists from across the map.

It's not something to use head-on and it's pretty easy to react to, but if you can position yourself in a place where opponents won't see it coming, it's definitely deadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom