• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Splatoon 2 Meta Weapons Summary (10/11-10/17)

precastzero180

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6334-8399-0502
We are back with another weapons summary. A lot has changed with the 1.4 update, so let's take a look at what players who make it to the top 100 League teams are using now. The data is courtesy ofhttp://splatoon2db.info/

1) Splattershot (14.5%)

2) Sloshing Machine (5.4%)

3) Splat Roller (5.2%)

4) Splat Brella (5.0%)

5) N-ZAP 85 (4.8%)

6) Splattershot Pro (3.5%)

7) Tentatek Splattershot (3.3%)

8) .96 Gal (2.8%)

9) Luna Blaster (2.7%)

10) Splat Charger (2.6%)

-The Splattershot is still #1 by a long shot. Did anyone expect anything else? The Sloshing Machine is also still holding on to its #2 position. The Splat Roller continues to climb and may supplant the SM shortly.

-We have a bunch a fresh faces in the top 10. Splat Brella, Splattershot Pro, and .96 Gal have come a long way since the update. The Splat Charger makes its debut as well.

-The .52 Gal, Splatty Jr., and Rapid Blaster are no more. The absence of the latter is especially surprising considering how consistently it ranked from the beginning.

-N-ZAP is crawling its way back up after a dip in popularity.

-There's a new bottom tier weapon in the mix. The Custom E-liter is now the least used weapon (0.10%) which isn't much of a surprise as it was just released on Friday. The scoped variant is at the bottom with it (0.21%) However, the Goo Tuber and Flingza Roller are still suffering despite receiving buffs. The former would be at the bottom when both E-liters are combined.

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I was wondering why I ran into so many Brellas recently. Had one game with a Brella, a Pro, and an E-Liter on the other team. The rain never stopped, it was horrible.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I was wondering why I ran into so many Brellas recently. Had one game with a Brella, a Pro, and an E-Liter on the other team. The rain never stopped, it was horrible.
Imagine if it was both the SSP and Rapid Pro with an E-Liter and Brella. That's a hell I'd wish on nobody.

I love that the SSP is so strong in the meta. It's an amazing kit on a pretty good weapon (especially post-buff), and it's besting me now when it never did before. I need to remember to respect it more.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
6) Splattershot Pro (3.5%)

7) Tentatek Splattershot (3.3%)
Okay is anyone else seeing this?
If someone from back in S1 days told you ttek would be less used than the SSP in 2, you'd think they were higher than the people who told you Aerospray RG will be meta in S2. The tentatek has fallen pretty far from it's throne.

That being said, I'm surprised splat roller is so high up on the list, at the number 3 spot. I don't think the splash down buffs were so much to really keep it up that high, and I really don't know why it warrants that much use. Possibly by being the best roller in the game?

Splat brella, .96 and SSP don't surprise me as much, as people tend to want to use the weapons that just got a buff to see the changes. However, I doubt .96 will stay in the meta too long, as it's still unreliable for ranged combat. SSP probably will decline a bit as well, but the shot velocity buff was nothing to scoff at. Splat brella will probably be the one to stay firmly in it's placement or even climb, as it got so many buffs in this past patch.

Lastly, I doubt splat charger will last much longer, unless SSP sees more usage, so that the charger can counter that slower movement. It's still a charger on S2's maps with loads of flank routes, tentamissles, and bomb spam to avert their attention from sniping.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Okay is anyone else seeing this?
If someone from back in S1 days told you ttek would be less used than the SSP in 2, you'd think they were higher than the people who told you Aerospray RG will be meta in S2. The tentatek has fallen pretty far from it's throne.

That being said, I'm surprised splat roller is so high up on the list, at the number 3 spot. I don't think the splash down buffs were so much to really keep it up that high, and I really don't know why it warrants that much use. Possibly by being the best roller in the game?

Splat brella, .96 and SSP don't surprise me as much, as people tend to want to use the weapons that just got a buff to see the changes. However, I doubt .96 will stay in the meta too long, as it's still unreliable for ranged combat. SSP probably will decline a bit as well, but the shot velocity buff was nothing to scoff at. Splat brella will probably be the one to stay firmly in it's placement or even climb, as it got so many buffs in this past patch.

Lastly, I doubt splat charger will last much longer, unless SSP sees more usage, so that the charger can counter that slower movement. It's still a charger on S2's maps with loads of flank routes, tentamissles, and bomb spam to avert their attention from sniping.
At the end of the day, a kit is just a kit, and Regular Splattershot was given a much better kit than it got in S1, and ever since 1.3, all weapons with Inkjet suffered far more than was required, so seeing Tentatek so far down isn't surprising. I don't think the SSP is going too far down, because there is always something to say for control at a distance, and the buffs make that locking down a good bit more viable. I also suspect Splat Charger is going to stay, or be resting right below spot 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom