• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Splatoon 2 Meta Weapons Summary (9/15 to 9/21)

precastzero180

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6334-8399-0502
There is a great (Japanese) website that collects data on Splatoon 2. Every week they look at the frequency of weapons within the top 100 League teams.

http://splatoon2db.info/tips/170922_01

The current top 10 weapons are

1) Splattershot (15.4%)

2) Sloshing Machine (11.2%)

3) Tentatek Splattershot (5.6%)

4) Rapid Blaster (5.3%)

5) .52 Gal (4.8%)

6) Aerospray RG (4.7%)

7) Luna Blaster (4.6%)

8) Splattershot Jr. (3.6%)

9) Splat Roller (3.6%)

10) N-Zap 85 (3.0%)*

*The Splat Charger and Splatterscope combined would replace the N-Zap at #10 with a popularity of 3.5%

Abundantly clear is the rise of the Splattershot and Sloshing Machine, no doubt the result of the changes brought from the 1.3 update. Both have become very dominant, even more so from the previous week. The Tri-Slosher has fallen hard, all the way down to #14 (2.0%) from a respectable #2 spot just two weeks ago. The Rapid Blaster is as solid as ever. It will be interesting to see how the addition of the Rapid Pro will affect the distribution of Blasters. Unsurprisingly, the least used weapon is the Flingza Roller (0.03%).

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I always thought the Sloshing Machine was pretty good and had potential (like the weapon itself is pretty good and the Sub it has is pretty solid with it as well since it helps the Sloshing Machine track down where enemies are more easily), but it was held back due how weak the Stingreay was before the update, now since it the Stingray is a pretty good special now I'm not too surprised it's getting used more often now.

For the Splattershot being at the top, I assume it's mainly due to the nerf to the Tentatek Splattershot's special charge rate on top of the Inkjet nerfs (which might explain why the Octobrush and Custom Blaster aren't on that list either) and since Splashdown also got buffed I guess most now favor the Vanilla over the Tentatek.

For the .52 Gal and the Areospray RG, I think they are only on the list because of how good the Baller special is currently. The .52 Gall is decent on it's own, but since the new and improved Baller is pretty strong I guess more folks decided to pick up the weapon, and a Areospray RG with some special charge up pretty much allows you to get your special up in 6 seconds or so (at least from what I've seen from others) at the beginning of a match which would be the main reason why that weapon is getting used.

Rapid Blaster is just a good weapon so I'm not too surprised about it's placement there, and the N-Zap 85 and Jr. good Ink Armor weapons (and Ink Armor is still a pretty good special after the nerfs, just not "over-the-top" good).

The only weapon that really interested me that made it onto the list was the only one I didn't mentioned yet which was the Splat Roller, since I don't have much experience with rollers in general I'm interested on what would be the reason how it made it to the Top #9 spot.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
There is a great (Japanese) website that collects data on Splatoon 2. Every week they look at the frequency of weapons within the top 100 League teams.

http://splatoon2db.info/tips/170922_01

The current top 10 weapons are

1) Splattershot (15.4%)

2) Sloshing Machine (11.2%)

3) Tentatek Splattershot (5.6%)

4) Rapid Blaster (5.3%)

5) .52 Gal (4.8%)

6) Aerospray RG (4.7%)

7) Luna Blaster (4.6%)

8) Splattershot Jr. (3.6%)

9) Splat Roller (3.6%)

10) N-Zap 85 (3.0%)*

*The Splat Charger and Splatterscope combined would replace the N-Zap at #10 with a popularity of 3.5%

Abundantly clear is the rise of the Splattershot and Sloshing Machine, no doubt the result of the changes brought from the 1.3 update. Both have become very dominant, even more so from the previous week. The Tri-Slosher has fallen hard, all the way down to #14 (2.0%) from a respectable #2 spot just two weeks ago. The Rapid Blaster is as solid as ever. It will be interesting to see how the addition of the Rapid Pro will affect the distribution of Blasters. Unsurprisingly, the least used weapon is the Flingza Roller (0.03%).
*Weapons to nerf

precastzero180

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6334-8399-0502
I always thought the Sloshing Machine was pretty good and had potential (like the weapon itself is pretty good and the Sub it has is pretty solid with it as well since it helps the Sloshing Machine track down where enemies are more easily), but it was held back due how weak the Stingreay was before the update, now since it the Stingray is a pretty good special now I'm not too surprised it's getting used more often now.

For the Splattershot being at the top, I assume it's mainly due to the nerf to the Tentatek Splattershot's special charge rate on top of the Inkjet nerfs (which might explain why the Octobrush and Custom Blaster aren't on that list either) and since Splashdown also got buffed I guess most now favor the Vanilla over the Tentatek.

For the .52 Gal and the Areospray RG, I think they are only on the list because of how good the Baller special is currently. The .52 Gall is decent on it's own, but since the new and improved Baller is pretty strong I guess more folks decided to pick up the weapon, and a Areospray RG with some special charge up pretty much allows you to get your special up in 6 seconds or so (at least from what I've seen from others) at the beginning of a match which would be the main reason why that weapon is getting used.

Rapid Blaster is just a good weapon so I'm not too surprised about it's placement there, and the N-Zap 85 and Jr. good Ink Armor weapons (and Ink Armor is still a pretty good special after the nerfs, just not "over-the-top" good).

The only weapon that really interested me that made it onto the list was the only one I didn't mentioned yet which was the Splat Roller, since I don't have much experience with rollers in general I'm interested on what would be the reason how it made it to the Top #9 spot.
All solid points. I think the rise of the .52 Gal is a mixture of the buff to Baller and the nerf of the Tri-Slosher which really overshadowed it. I think it's going to stick around for a bit. The increased popularity of the Luna may also be attributed to the same reasons. The RG, on the other hand, is there solely as a Baller builder. Its role may be too specific for it to remain popular for long and its placement has already dropped a bit from last week. I suspect it will continue to slide in the weeks to come.

As for the Splat Roller, one could say the buff to Splashdown has given it a boost, but its favorability has remained stable since before the update. I think the Splat Roller just has a really decent kit which compliments it nicely and fits well within the current close and aggressive meta. All the other Rollers leave much to be desired, so Roller mains are being heavily funneled towards the Splat Roller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom