1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Splatoon 2 has released around the globe!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

Splatoon 2 November update information

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Mr.HawK, Nov 21, 2017.

Mr.HawK, Nov 21, 2017 at 9:25 AM
  1. Mr.HawK

Mr.HawK The Artist

NNID:
    ChaosHawk
    They're at it again folks, another update is gonna drop this month and they brought LOADS of information.

Let's see if I can't squeeze it all in here :)

https://splatoon.nintendo.com/news-video/major-updates-are-incoming/

In the video/links above we have several new pieces of content being introduced as the game is continuously updated.

The Update includes:
    New hairstyles (2 for female and male)
    New gear (140 new pieces)
    New level cap: LEVEL 99 (jeez...)
    New music
    New amiibo functionality, Tapping a compatible amiibo figure after the update will let players take and share in-game photos in preset locations in Battle Stages, in addition to being able to take photos in Inkopolis Square. Players can also add fun filters to their images.

New way to change gear in lobbies now, Players that want to change gear between battles in Regular Battle, Ranked Battle and Splatfest Battle (Solo) won't have to exit to the lobby anymore! After downloading the update, gear can be swapped out without leaving the match room, making it quicker to get back to splatting. For Regular Battle, this also means you can play the next battle with the same players.

New weapons:
    Glooga Dualies (the blue dualies)
    The squeezer (the new red/white shooter)
    Hydra Splatling (now people can stop crying)

New Stages:
    Walleye warehouse
    Arowana Mall
    Shellendorf museum
    Makomart
    New salmon run stage: Salmonid Smokeyard

NEW RANKED MODE: Clam Blitz
    In Clam Blitz, competing Inklings are tasked with collecting clams scattered around the stage. After one is picked up, the clam follows the player. The objective is to throw the clam into the basket near the opponent's base. The first team to score 100 points wins! But, of course, this being the fiercely competitive world of Splatoon 2, things are not as easy as they seem. The baskets are protected by a barrier, which much be destroyed first. After collecting 10 clams, the player will earn a Power Clam. These super-powered clams are the key to breaking the barrier, so strategy will definitely be involved in which clams are used to destroy the barrier and which are used to earn points. Not to mention the extra-satisfying opportunity to steal opponents' clams by splatting them.

In the meantime there should also be a new patch coming out with balance updates so be on the lookout for that, I know we will.

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Mr.HawK, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Fullmental
      Fullmental
      Where are you getting the info on the weapons? I've been looking at every official press release and new article I can and nothing has even made mention of the weapons shown.
    2. Mr.HawK
      Mr.HawK
      The names arent shown in official press releases, but they have been datamined. since they revealed the new weapons we're able to say what they actually are
    3. Egg Queen
      Egg Queen
    4. Mr. Squiggly Squid
      Mr. Squiggly Squid
      So, what do the new boy hairstyles look like? I can't watch the video right now cuz I'm at school.
    5. Jingersnap
      Jingersnap
      Ooh! New music - guess my playlist is going to get a little bigger! Will the new tunes be just from Wet Floor, or will we get more tracks from Off the Hook as well?
    6. Mr. Squiggly Squid
      Mr. Squiggly Squid
      The new tracks are from a new band: "The Bottom Feeders", and their thing is that their songs have a long of awesome fiddle solos. They sound like punk rock Scottish war songs.
      Либра likes this.
    7. TyphlosionPlayz
      TyphlosionPlayz
      I cannot wait until the update!! So when is it coming exactly? Tomorrow or 12:00am tonight? Although now that I think about it either way it is still tomorrow but you know what I mean.