1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

3. We just overhauled our look and made some big updates. Learn about all the changes!

4. Nintendo has officially revealed their new console, previously codenamed NX! It's called the Nintendo Switch and they've announced Splatoon 2, coming this summer!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

Splatoon 2 on the Nintendo Switch (NX) reveal!

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Reila, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Torloth

Torloth Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Torloth
    Well I personally don't want to play Splatoon on a 6.2" Tablet when. I own A 50" TV. Since we have to Dock the Switch to use it on TV.

I wasn't trying to say the Inkstrikes and Super jumps are going away just need to me reworked, just a little.

I would also love to see LAN parties come back into fashion, I miss them. The Switch seams like the Perfect console for it.
    It's portable lots of control options.
    Just all around well thought out.

Local Splatoon tournaments would be awesome. (I live in Canada so I don't always get to enjoy gaming tournaments)

2. KalmarWingfeather

NNID:
    GopackGo111302
    Yeah, your right, I completely forgot about that.

3. Torloth

Torloth Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Torloth
    Could work like COD have overhead Camera and aim it. Not like you can do much Right now when you are looking at the Game pad. To be honest.. I never look at the TV when I launch the Inkstrike.

4. Maave

Maave Inkling Cadet

Definitely a new stage. Some video I saw suggested that it was like a park because there are some picnic tables visible from the spawn pad plus the trees in that screenshot.

5. Wothur

Wothur Full Squid

NNID:
    Wothur
    Although I think it's safe to assume the vast majority (if not all) of the existing stages will return; (especially if this IS a remake) are there any stages currently in the game you would be glad to see gone?

If Bluefin Depot were to suddenly disappear after a night of drinking I would be fine with that.

birdiebee likes this.
  6. Slurmp

Slurmp Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    HedgehogOverlord
    I'm most worried about saltspray rig. I know it's unfair but it's still one of my favorite stages.

7. Torloth

Torloth Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Torloth
    I think I would like a reimagining of the current stages would be awesome

8. Wothur

Wothur Full Squid

NNID:
    Wothur
    So I recently peeped at a supposed leak of the switches' launch lineup; written by a self-proclaimed Nintendo marketing employee. Although I find the claims he made to be absurd, the splatoon remake made an appearance on the list, under the title "Splatoon ReFresh"

Bullshit or not, I f*cking love that name. .--.

birdiebee and Slurmp like this.
  9. Maave

Maave Inkling Cadet

Yeah that's pretty good. Let's make a poll, Spla2n vs Splatoon ReFresh

Slurmp likes this.
  10. RagingLegend304

RagingLegend304 Inkster Jr.

Remake or new game, I'd like to see some kind of carry over for stats from the first game. Maybe using your NNID. It could be a kind of reward for people who bought both systems/games.

Slurmp likes this.
  11. Torloth

Torloth Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Torloth
    I doubt stats or rating will carry over.
    Maybe they will give special gear or something as a present.

If it's only a remake... I would like it to be sold at a reduced price. New games are $79.99 here and I already paid that for splatoon.... Price break would be nice.

To be honest I care very little for my gear.
    But I hope they do something about rerolling and save scumming. Can't gain exp or re roll gear offline maybe.
    We will see what they do. Hoping for a rather in-depth presentation come January

Slurmp likes this.
  12. Maave

Maave Inkling Cadet

Yeah I'm thinking any carryover reward would be exclusive reskinned gear. Maybe the "Original" Hero Suit Replica if the new game has different gear for single player.

13. aceofscarabs

aceofscarabs Inkling Fleet Admiral

I'm hoping we get to use our Amiibos to transfer our save data to the Switch, and thus keep a lot of our loot.

14. Torloth

Torloth Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Torloth
    USB key if they even do it.

Makes me wonder if the Amiibos will so something different. Callie and Marie for instance. They look super Fresh but do nothing besides let you relive your Splatfest moment.

Slurmp likes this.
  15. Slurmp

Slurmp Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    HedgehogOverlord
    And they don't even add the splatfest aesthetic to stages.:(

16. Torloth

Torloth Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Torloth
    Well we will know alot more in a couple of weeks.
    January 12 is really close now.

If there is one things I want the most for Splatoon on switch, is better community support.
    Better splatfests maybe longer run, 2 weeks is a little better.

Have special game modes for them make they bigger and better than before.

Also better media presence in North America

Ansible likes this.
  17. KalmarWingfeather

NNID:
    GopackGo111302
    Yeah! 13 days!

18. aceofscarabs

HYPE for Splatoon on the Switch :D

19. Green Waffles

Green Waffles Inkling Commander

[​IMG]
    I'm still prepearing for my playable octoling hopes and dreams to be crushed. . .

I have the headstone ready anyways.

#379 Green Waffles, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  20. DynamoCamostar34

DynamoCamostar34 Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Rhythmkoopa34
    I don't know how they would be there story-wise. They've been fighting for years and now, "Hey, we're friends now."

21. DynamoCamostar34

DynamoCamostar34 Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Rhythmkoopa34
    How about, Splatoon Refurbished?

22. aceofscarabs

Put in an Invasion event that forces the Inklings and Octolings to cooperate. Maybe the INKT forces from De Blob or a tribe of Mongolian Dolphins.

Joseph Staleknight likes this.
  23. Joseph Staleknight

Joseph Staleknight Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    JStaleknight
    Have a subset of Octolings who are sick of the DJ's negligence of Octo Valley (or think the Great Turf War was stupid) and want to re-integrate into Inkling society. Bonus points if they're an underground resistance made of alternative music artists.

Failing that, I second @aceofscarabs's idea.

24. Maave

Maave Inkling Cadet

Octoling civil war Dubstep v JPop. That would be a pretty cool storyline

Splatoon Reupholstered

birdiebee likes this.
  25. Torloth

Torloth Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Torloth
    I would think having Octolings VS Inklings would make sense.
    To be fair though Splatoon has deep lore but little in game Story. Like Overwatch.

Some silly tittles for you
    Splatoon: Wasabi Beats Strike Back
    Splatoon: Octolings Revenge
    Splatoon: In Judd we Trust
    Splatoon: Get Fresh or Die Trying
    Splatoon: Splatfests Revenge
    The legacy of the Cuddlefish :Spla2n
    The Revenge of DJ Octavian :Spla2n
    Callie & Marie's Fresh Quest :Spla2n

Maave and peat-warrior like this.
  26. peat-warrior

peat-warrior Banned (6 points)

How about this:
    Splatoon episode II - Calamari resurrection redemption

27. Torloth

Torloth Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Torloth
    Your pitched title is good but it makes me think that there are zombies or an order for Squid templars....

Another thing I hope the Miiverse doesn't go Away I like seeing all the Splatoon memes, art and fun people post.

Green Waffles likes this.
  28. aceofscarabs

Just call it Splat2n :V

29. Torloth

Torloth Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Torloth
    I personally was just having fun, all written as jokes.

We will probably know the real title very soon ,got my Pre-order money ready.
    I'm hoping to see more Nintendo sponcered local events in 2017.

30. Ansible

Ansible Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Does anyone here even plan to actually tote their Switch around town with them?

I always have with my DS iterations because I have the pocket space for, but I think this one will be a scooch to big to fit.

31. Torloth

Torloth Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Torloth
    The Switch is definitely not Pocket sized. However. I have a messenger bag I take almost everywhere with me.
    Just want a good Hard case for my Switch

32. Wothur

Wothur Full Squid

NNID:
    Wothur
    Whether it ends up being a remake or a sequel, one thing anyone can guarantee is that it won't be named "Splat2n." There are plenty of simple reasons why "Splat2n" is a terrible name. Not only does it needlessly complicate verbal conversation by sounding EXACTLY like its predecessor; putting numbers between letters just makes a title harder to read for small children. (A big part of Nintendo's market)

Besides, Nintendo has a reputation for making sequel titles as (excessively) blunt and easy to understand as possible.
    (*cough cough* Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS *cough cough*)

I realize I'm that guy who makes a big post about pedantic nonsense that hardly matters at all, but being someone who thinks advertisement is pretty darn interesting, I think it deserves to be pointed out that "Splat2n" is just bad marketing. (Not to mention it's far less fun than all these weird-*** fan suggestions) :s

Saber, Torloth and Ansible like this.
  33. birdiebee

birdiebee Inkling Commander

NNID:
    birdiebee
    That actually brings up a potential point of nuisance. I want a hard case too but we will have to un-case the thing whenever we put it on the dock?? I guess its not THAT much extra effort but the whole premise is to grab'n'go and then we have to lose an extra several seconds casing and uncasing whenever we dock and undock

Ansible likes this.
  34. Ansible

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Oh wow, I overlooked that even though I plan on immediately getting a case for it.

An additional, but minor, annoyance might be how tight the docking fit is and if that'll ruin whatever decals, stickers, custom paint job, personal mods, etc. you add to the device.

birdiebee likes this.
  35. Leronne

Leronne Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Leronne
    (Title is misleading, i know. But the video itself is bringing up some great points.)

This is honestly something i wanted to bring up for a while in this thread, but was too lazy to do so. After more than a year of playing splatoon, it wasn't until i started watching overwatch gameplay that i noticed splatoon is lacking in match statistics. The only mode that actually has an appropriate amount of stats is turf war and that's generally considered the least competitive mode. Along with some of the things rocket adresses in the video, i also have some ideas for match stats.

Splatzones:
    I'd love it if, like turf war, they showed the amount of points worth of ink covered but specifically for the zone. That way you would know how you did compared to your teammates and makes it easier to pick the person to blame for your loss (i kid of course). It should also show it percentage wise compared to your other teammates. Dynamo's will probably claim top spot for this the most often.

Tower Control:
    My favorite mode. There can be 2 stats for this. Time spent on tower (objective time) and how much (new) distance you covered on the tower.

Rainmaker:
    Same as tower control, but it would also be cool to get a seperate stat for splats with the rainmaker (you know the giant tornado it spews).

This is assuming ofcourse, all these modes come back.

For all three it would also be good to have the turf point system from turf wars.
    Other stats they could also include is amount of bomb thrown, beakon/ink mines placed and other miscellaneous stuff and these could be seen somewhere else like splatnet or an ingame menu, but it's not that necessary. Ofcourse with the current after-match layout it'll be hard to put all of these, so maybe they could change it so it's horizontal instead of vertical (like the overwatch cards at the end of the match, but 4 above and 4 below for each team)

And while they're at it, please buff the splash-o-matic and dual squelcher. Please. My babies need the help.
    Any other stats you guys would like to see?

36. Reila

Reila Inkling Fleet Admiral

No, but it is because I don't want someone to steal it from me. I don't care about the console's dimensions, as I usually have a backpack or purse with me.

37. Torloth

Torloth Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Torloth

The only one that has been shown off so far is A clamshell style case. I use one for my Vita.
    If I was going to design a proper hard case for the switch here's a couple ideas I had.

First make the switch dock in the Case with a charging port redirect ( 65-90° angle)
    Second make the case fold around the device forward with recesses for the bottom of the case to sit in.
    This way you could use the case as an adjustable stand.
    They could adapt this a little more with a battery. But the extra weight might be a little much.

38. Lonely_Dolphin

Lonely_Dolphin Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Not much longer now! My main hope is that Splatoon Switch will have every bit of content Splatoon Wii U currently has from the get go on top of new stuff, weapons/maps/modes hopefully. Also I hope the current weapon sets don't get changed, but at the same time I hope some of them do, like the vanilla Slosher getting any other Special instead of the Inkstrike. Lastly, I hope they better utilize the controller's inputs or give you customization, as the unused L button on Splatoon Wii U could have easily been another Jump button which would of allowed non-gyro players like myself to get full jump height while still be able to aim.

Ansible likes this.
  39. Protege

Protege Inkling

NNID:
    Lulzy16
    I got Splatoon going on 3 months now, with my biggest fear being that people would stop playing it when the Switch came out and I would only get to enjoy it for a small time if I even did at all.

Regardless of what happens, I'm hooked on the game now and if it's a true sequel we get for the Switch, I'm definitely going for it myself.

If it is a remaster or a remake or just a simple port, do you guys think cross-platform play would be allowed?

40. Ansible

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Sadly curious to see if and how Nintendo will be Nintendo and get in its own way, as usual, more than whatever hater naysaying and fan disappointment sparks up.

Yet I really like to know, going forward, what sort of plans they have with integration: eShop, Virtual Console, friend listing, MyNintendo, Miis, and the Miiverse. And if the 3DS will continue to be a castoff in regards to it. And if they'll continue their youtube revenue nonsense.

But more than anything and the games lineup, I'm eager to hopefully get a report on the UI and the hardware itself. (ง⌐□ل͜□)ง

Green Waffles likes this.