• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Pro Controller- Are You Getting One?

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster

I have to say, it's one slick looking controller! The Squid Sisters color scheme on the grips is pretty eye-catching, and the brands on the back is a nice detail. As soon as I saw it I had to have it, but the high price point of 75 US dollars is higher than the already expensive regular Pro controller and even the game itself. I initially thought this controller would be required for competitive play, but after trying the system in Handheld mode it feels pretty accurate to the Wii U's Gamepad setup. So I'm not sure if I'm entirely sold on this sleek thing. For me, the deal breaker is PC support, which unfortunately seems pretty unlikely. Are you going to jump in and take the plunge, or stick with the Joy-Cons/System instead?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Holy heck, that looks even better close up. I love the faint details on the black and such. I may to try getting it if I can possibly, as I always use Pro controllers as I did for the Wii, Wii U, and even the 3ds's variant. Although if its too hard to acquire then I may just get the regular version instead.

Handheld mood is pretty good though, huh? I hope that's the same for having the joycons in that grip they come with. I wont be able to get this pro controller right away to say the least...not with that price.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That looks pretty slick. I'd pick that up if I didn't already have a pro controller.

I can definitely recommend it though. It's been amazing with ARMS and Disgaea 5 (Hey, extra precision when moving the cursor is nice). It also has a much longer battery life than the joy-cons. Still, the joy-cons are just fine, I used those with the grip in the testfire and it didn't really feel any different from the first game.

Krak Rex

Inkster Jr.
I just got my neon switch since we arent getting the Splatoon one here in the states. So I had to get my cool controller fix some how to show off my love of the game. Got it today should be at my apartment on my birthday and ready for the splatoon launch

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
No, they should have announced it before the Switch released. I have no need for two pro controllers. If they release the Splatoon colors as joycons, however...

Last edited:

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
You know, the handles could look more splatty than just attached together as one joint. But that is just me, but personally, it could give it a bit more of a theme.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
That looks pretty slick. I'd pick that up if I didn't already have a pro controller.

It also has a much longer battery life than the joy-cons.
Considering the controller can't charge as easily as the Joy-Cons, that's good to hear. I wonder if it'll have the godly battery life of the Wii U Pro Controller I've heard so much about.

No, they should have announced it before the Switch released. I have no need for two pro controllers. If they release the Splatoon colors as joycons, however...
It was a pretty cruel move to show the controller only after the original was so heavily advertised and sold. It's higher price is also a huge turn-off t any owners of the cheaper version that is literally an identical controller. All the special controllers and Joy-Cons revealed in the past weeks really should have been shown in January. Nintendo clearly wants users to double-dip with Joy-Cons and Pro Controllers, which is frivolous given the high asking price of the equipment.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It does, pretty much. 40-50 hours on a full charge that takes about six hours is a pretty decent battery life to me.
It was a pretty cruel move to show the controller only after the original was so heavily advertised and sold. It's higher price is also a huge turn-off t any owners of the cheaper version that is literally an identical controller. All the special controllers and Joy-Cons revealed in the past weeks really should have been shown in January. Nintendo clearly wants users to double-dip with Joy-Cons and Pro Controllers, which is frivolous given the high asking price of the equipment.
Or maybe they're marketing to enthusiasts, who will buy literally anything if their favorite brand is on it. Hi there, Final Fantasy fandom! So clearly you aren't being cynical enough :p

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
Unfortunately I bought a regular pro controller beforehand so nope. But fortunately, I do love my pro controller, Andy I thinking I've only charged it once since.. the start of may when I bought it, so it pretty good.

Krak Rex

Inkster Jr.
I wonder if we are going to get anything in game for owning the splatoon controller.

Kimmorz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kimmorz
I will definitely be getting this controller if I can get my hands on one. I already have a pro controller, but since it's shared between my fiance and I, it'd be nice to have a second one (especially since we found out Mario Kart 8's weird controller requirements for local play- can't do the joycon grim for one person). I just wish they weren't so pricey.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
To me, it looks unfinished or gaudy—due to the pink and green handles.

I've gotten comfortable with my grey joycons. Though I think I might want a second pair so I can take the grey pair apart, paint it, put it back together, and hope it still works.

But a pro controller could be useful, so eventually I'll get this one, likely take it apart, attempt to paint the inside to continue the pink vs green motif, put it back together, and hope it still works.

I would also like to take my dock apart, put the insides into a mini dock, paint it, put it back together, and hope it works.

I think I have a problem. ¬¬;

jookie

Inkster Jr.
NNID
j00kieizm
They should be releasing the joy cons in the splatoon colors over there too. They've got them for preorder here in Japan for a hefty price though, 9,000 ish yen.

Krak Rex

Inkster Jr.
I cant wait to bring this in for my office LAN thats happening, a lot of the people had switches for it and cant justify buying another pro controller. I'm going to be sooooo fresh!

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I think it looks disgustingly ugly actually. So does a lot of the Splatoon merchandise. I may be getting a Switch Pro controller eventually, but if I do, definitely not that one.

Then again I'm critical towards the Switch Pro in general. Half the duration of the Wii U Pro and double the price. That only for additional gyro controls and an amiibo reader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom