• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2: Shooting Range Thread

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
With Splatoon 2 on the horizon (yep, I went with a cliche intro on this one, b/c why tf not?), it's only a matter of time before we get more details that matter most to competitive players more than anyone else.

One such thing that comes to mind is Splatoon 2's Shooting Range. Now since there's no competitive discussion section for this game yet, I'm going to post this here because honestly, why wait? Let's start talking about this sucker.

The Shooting Range in the first game is actually pretty effective. If you don't already use it for warm ups, training, etc., you're kinda slacking my boy. Hit up that area with your main weapon, and use that facility; it's not useless. It's lacking, but it's not useless. There are lines that let you measure your range, dummies that represent other players as they'd appear online (in terms of stats), and grates that let you practice shooting directly below you and swim up walls onto areas. On the surface level, this all sounds great. But if you get into the layout of the Shooting Range, it's laid out perfectly for chargers who want to practice snapping and peaking, the dummies are positioned to let you work on your reaction time, and you can even use the dummies as a way of training your aim. This is why if you ever watch a competitive Splatoon tournament where a charger is streaming, you're going to see them warming up in the shooting range, practicing snaps, peaking, reaction time, and so on. This place works. And it has worked for many players.

However, I think many players have wished that the shooting range had more, for lack of a better word, "stuff" available to the player. I've especially heard from most people that the Defense Up dummies are very limited in the information they give the player (because you can only test weapon damage, and addition damage up abilities, off of Defense Mains, which is not practical to see whenever somebody runs Defense Up). I think a good way to fix this is make some kind of dummy dispensor, where you can input the number of Defense you want on a dummy so you can test very specific values of Defense Up, Damage Up, or both.

What I'm asking all of you reading this post is the following:

What do you want to see from the Shooting Range in Splatoon 2?

I'll start by answering this question: I'd like the shooting range to be some sort of bowling alley like area, which has many rooms for testing all sorts of abilities. Of course, I'd still love to be able to test weapon range, but just imagine a machine that kills you, and sends you to a spawn point near said machine as a way of testing things like Special Saver and Quick Respawn. Or what about some kind of race track room, which you could use not just for testing how fast you swim with different values of swim speed with the help of a timer, or even some kind of pedometer, but also for seeing how fast a weapon moves with or without different amounts of Run Speed Up on your person?

Think, share, and discuss!

spoxbox

Full Squid
NNID
Spoxbox
The ability to spawn in a CPU controlled enemy inkling with adjustable AI levels. This finally gives us moving targets, and something that can splat us to test abilities that depend on respawning.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
The ability to spawn in a CPU controlled enemy inkling with adjustable AI levels. This finally gives us moving targets, and something that can splat us to test abilities that depend on respawning.
This! Perfect!

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
This but instead of Inklings have Octolings :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom