• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Single Player mode REVEALED!! + analysis

InkWoomy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rosalina_Luma12
Heya squids, today I saw a video that made me hyped so bad. SPLATOON 2 SINGLE PLAYER!!

I am literally HYPED for this and I can't wait. Only 2 more months!!

---
☆ANALYSIS☆

So in the beginning we get to see the new place called inkopolis square. looks really nice!

But lookie here! if we go furthur we can see Marie in a kimono!

She's wearing the same kimono from the trailer, and she's standing on the spot usually Captain Cuttlefish would be which is a manhole, but now he and callie are gone, and now she's like the new Capn Cuttlefish.

We then appear in a new location, it looks similar to the last Octovalley, but not quite.
She talks to us about how the zapfish is gone again and how she needs help, but when we get further, it seems as we dont know her!

Possibly this occured because whether we are new or the squid sisters popularity kinda went low.

☆OCTO VALLEY ☆

look at this new hero outfit! looks very new!

The outfit is completely different from Splatoon 1, just by looking at its design,also the weapon has changed too. its design is pretty similar to the p90. Splat90? (thats kinda unoriginal)

Here's a peek of one of the levels from the campaign mode. Reminds me of Mahi Mahi Resort from splatoon 1.
And it looks like we got some new stuff on these levels!

Not sure what this is called, but they do make you bounce!

Then we have this speed boost conveyer belt. very helpful if you need to reach something from up high!

And now you can ride on very narrow poles! It seems like you must need the splat dualies to ride this.

~ OCTARIANS ~

Now let's take a look at these new enemies.
there's going to be loads new Octarians in this game! All with different mechanics.

we even got some new bosses, here's a picture of one them:

Lastly your favorite Octolings are back! Looking more dangerous, hence those shades. looking pretty fresh!

they definitely got a gear upgrade, not to mention a weapon update. no more Octoshots for this Octoling! carbon rollers now.

~ HERO WEAPONS ~

And now, the hero weapons!

If this is anything like the last Splatoon game, like using amiibos to unlock the hero weapons to use online, however, Nintendo states that:

"Use different weapons in single-player mode to overcome obstacles, defeat enemies and take down towering bosses - weapons like the Roller, Slosher, Splatling, or the new Dualies."
So this is a option to just change what ever weapon you want for the Campaign mode. very nice!

Hero Slosher

Hero Dualies

Hero Blaster

Hero Splatling

Here's just a few of the new weapons, but we can also see a hero octobrush coming and more! yay, my favorite, the octobrush !

~ CONCLUSION ~

Looks like that brings us to the end of the post! remember, stay fresh.....?

Last edited:

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Welp.
I am hyped.

Just...this. i want this.
All of this!

Dunno bout you guys, but I'm rocking the dualies if you can choose a weapon.

Jhonnybird

Full Squid
NNID
Jhonnybird2004
Wait... is it just me but is the octostomp back except different?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Dunno bout you guys, but I'm rocking the dualies if you can choose a weapon.
I think- and this is my mere guess based on observation, that weapons are level specific? Think how the amiibo challenges worked. I believe this because of how Sheldon drops you a weapon at the start of a level. And in one part we see him mentioning wanting you to use a said weapon so that he could gather some data. Makes me think he's giving you orders on what to use, and where. He is the weapons expert after all.

Even if thats the case, I'm still excited for the variety. I got tired of using the main generic gun VERY quickly in the first games Hero Mode. This should easily fix that issue!

(That I'm just excited for brush and roller usage in the levels- Booyah!)

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
I think- and this is my mere guess based on observation, that weapons are level specific? Think how the amiibo challenges worked. I believe this because of how Sheldon drops you a weapon at the start of a level. And in one part we see him mentioning wanting you to use a said weapon so that he could gather some data. Makes me think he's giving you orders on what to use, and where. He is the weapons expert after all.

Even if thats the case, I'm still excited for the variety. I got tired of using the main generic gun VERY quickly in the first games Hero Mode. This should easily fix that issue!

(That I'm just excited for brush and roller usage in the levels- Booyah!)
I did notice that too, actually, upon reviewing the video...
Not too sure how that would work, but I'm assuming it's so the player can get some experience with each type and then choose a favourite for online?

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
aw yeah, i really liked the single player campaign of splatoon 1 for different reasons.
seeing there will be big stages, different weapon types and more gimmicks/enemys.
I'm looking forward to it.

on another note: i'm hoping it will have some 'post-game' content giving it more replay value.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I'm so hyped. I revisited the Sploon 1 campaign yesterday after watching. The new one already looks a lot more varied, refined, and fast-paced. I really do love the first game's campaign too but it is really just a glorified tutorial. I think this is looking to be a lot more fleshed out.

Plus that poster artwork is sooo... ominous. Callie wat r u doin

Wuvwii

Inkling
Not sure how many people noticed this about the trailer with how much else was revealed in it, but here's a tiny add on for an analysis of it only found in the Japanese version of it:
Even though it's kind of redundant after the Octarian version, the seemingly newer "3D" logo is seen at the very end:

I already made this tracing of it if anyone wants it:
http://wuvwii.deviantart.com/art/Splatoon-2-logo-3D-Version-683260757
This trailer made me so hyped, but I still want to find out more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom