• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Soundtrack Discussion

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Hello! So I'm incredibly hype for Splatoon 2 (as all of you should be) but one thing that I haven't seen talked about on the board is the new soundtrack. When I heard the new track during the trailer it gave me all kinds of awesome feels. It seems like they took some parts off of old tracks and gave them a brand new spin that I'm really digging. I think they are trying to put a "Two Years Older" feel to these tracks, along with the rest of the game, which will make the whole thing feel fresh. I want to hear your thoughts, and if there are any tracks you found/want people to see then post them here. I'm really looking forward to the new music so let's celebrate it.

peat-warrior

Banned (6 points)
I also like the music from Splatoon 1 very much and it is good that they have kept that style in the sequel. The whole sound-design in Splatoon is just awesome, I was so overwhelmed, when I heard the music from the gamemode-selection-screen for the first time. And the Inkling noises are so great! I love that gibberish, highpitched gurgling!

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
The whole aesthetic of the game has become a little more "edgy" and "aggressive", and the music feels that way, too. Not as much bounce, a little more minor key and gritty.

It's like Pokemon music: every game has a different style of music but it all feels like Pokemon. This music is pretty different but it still feels like Splatoon.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
The whole aesthetic of the game has become a little more "edgy" and "aggressive", and the music feels that way, too. Not as much bounce, a little more minor key and gritty.

It's like Pokemon music: every game has a different style of music but it all feels like Pokemon. This music is pretty different but it still feels like Splatoon.
I feel this way as well, its a little more edgy, and the arrangements I've heard from the switch event feel more "deeper"? with lots of bass and some more added synth thrown in. Its almost as if the overall style and tone of this game will be dipping its feet into the early to mid 00's of last decade as opposed to the late 90s to 01 vibe of Splatoon 1.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I feel this way as well, its a little more edgy, and the arrangements I've heard from the switch event feel more "deeper"? with lots of bass and some more added synth thrown in. Its almost as if the overall style and tone of this game will be dipping its feet into the early to mid 00's of last decade as opposed to the late 90s to 01 vibe of Splatoon 1.
We'll have to see how the rest of the soundtrack pans out. Splatoon 1 had those tracks added later that were pretty different from what was in there before, like the piano band whose name escapes me, or ABXY/The Chirpy Chirps.

And the single player music, too. It was really good in Splatoon 1, even with only like five different songs. Maybe Splatoon 2 got a higher budget and therefore they can cram in more stuff like more music tracks, or bring back the songs from the first game.

Oh, remember when people were whining about not being able to adjust the volume of the music? That was sure fun to sit through

Reactions: blu

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
And the single player music, too. It was really good in Splatoon 1, even with only like five different songs. Maybe Splatoon 2 got a higher budget and therefore they can cram in more stuff like more music tracks, or bring back the songs from the first game.
Yeah this was one of the best parts of the single player. And now it looks like they're going to make a much darker story mode so I'm really excited to see how the soundtrack will reflect it. Hopefully we get some more eerie Easter eggs as well LOL.

Reactions: blu

Joasa

Depressed Squid
If this is the case, I would love a more alternative rock-based soundtrack. The only real glimpse of that we had in the first game was the official theme song, which I really liked. I mean the clothing and the lobby seem updated to more modern times, so I think the music should reflect that.

Splash

Full Squid
NNID
ChameoFive
Switch Friend Code
SW-3931-9636-2696
So long as every track in Splat2n is just as enjoyable as the tracks are for the first Splatoon, I won't complain. I enjoy the synth-rock genre alot, and based on what I've heard, it sounds like Nintendo is adding more musical compositions to the sequel, since they are now investing more of a budget into their newest IP, due to how successful the first Splatoon was. However, for the atmosphere Splat2n is trying to go for, I would really like to see Nintendo try to go for a more punk/grunge/alternative composition, opposed to the catchy synth tunes that were from the original, though I wouldn't mind also seeing some repeats from the last game as well. Though I would like to see multiple different genres come into the mix as well, giving the player more of a variance to match their music preferences. The music WAS the best part about Splatoon in my opinion, by far, and honestly, there wasn't alot of music tracks in Splatoon, which was very disappointing. Most of them like the Booyah Base Shops and Octo Valley, were just slight remixes that either added or removed music components, and/or played at a different pitches or tempos. And after a while of hearing the same tracks being played in matches, eventually I just didn't acknowledge them playing anymore.

As a side note: A very welcome addition would be to add a playlist feature, so you can set what tracks in the game you want to play in the overworld and in matches, just to make matches a more enjoyable experience, and also to keep the music from becoming stale.

darthteddy93

Inkling
So far based on what i've heard from the trailers, i like splat2n's soundtrack better than splatoon 1.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I also like the music from Splatoon 1 very much and it is good that they have kept that style in the sequel. The whole sound-design in Splatoon is just awesome, I was so overwhelmed, when I heard the music from the gamemode-selection-screen for the first time. And the Inkling noises are so great! I love that gibberish, highpitched gurgling!
Yes, I feel the same way. The music sounds so new and fresh, while also still keeping the style of the old music from the first Splatoon. I love it. I'm honestly so obsessed with Splatoon that I even find just the soundtrack alone to be pretty exciting. I don't know if I can wait until Summer.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
The Splatoon Twitter has introduced one of the new bands this time around. "Wet Floor" is an up and coming band consisting of 5 members whose music is a fusion of various genres.
Members include (no names btw, just what instruments they play and role they serve):
Taller Inkling. Founder, Synthesizer. He prefers to make music over playing. Doesn't take much musical initiative.
Male inkling. 1st guitar and vocals. Likes older music and has a sharp cutting feature(?).
Female Inkling. 2nd guitar and vocals. A follower of punk rock and inscribes a thick and powerful riff.
The two Guitarists are often at odds, but compliment each other well.
Fish. Bass. Particularly good at slap renditions.
Not 100% sure of this, but i think the bassist is a bass fish, though i could be wrong (it'd be hillarious if it is though).
Crab. Drums. Keeps a sense of stability while drawing out the number of steps.
Individual Art of each member can be found on their twitter.

Here's a preview to one of their songs titled "Rip Entry":

Discuss!

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
The Splatoon Twitter has introduced one of the new bands this time around. "Wet Floor" is an up and coming band consisting of 5 members whose music is a fusion of various genres.
Members include (no names btw, just what instruments they play and role they serve):
Taller Inkling. Founder, Synthesizer. He prefers to make music over playing. Doesn't take much musical initiative.
Male inkling. 1st guitar and vocals. Likes older music and has a sharp cutting feature(?).
Female Inkling. 2nd guitar and vocals. A follower of punk rock and inscribes a thick and powerful riff.
The two Guitarists are often at odds, but compliment each other well.
Fish. Bass. Particularly good at slap renditions.
Not 100% sure of this, but i think the bassist is a bass fish, though i could be wrong (it'd be hillarious if it is though).
Crab. Drums. Keeps a sense of stability while drawing out the number of steps.
Individual Art of each member can be found on their twitter.

Here's a preview to one of their songs titled "Rip Entry":

Discuss!
Hype hype hype hype hype hype hype
I love how they're giving so much personality to the little details in the game. Also I think that this definitely means the game will have an alternative genre style, which I'm excited for. I hope to hear more from Wet Floor. (I feel like if someone asks you what music you like, you should say Wet Floor and that'll be like a hidden sign that we're Splatoon players)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom