1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Splatoon 2 has released around the globe!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

5. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Splatoon 2 Starter Edition

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Padre, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Padre

Padre Pro Squid

Anyone planning to get this one?
    I would like to get the book, but it isn't sold separately.

Its good that new players are getting freebies. :)

2. Windstar

Windstar Pro Squid

I would that love to have that sticker sheet, but I'm not buying another copy of the game just for it.

Green Waffles likes this.
  3. Marfie

Marfie Semi-Pro Squid

For those of you who might be confused cause I sure as heck was.

This feels like something that should have been a day 1/limited edition also I don't understand the logic of doing this so late in Splatoon 2's life span as I can still find normal copies of the game like...everywhere.
    What are you planning to announce soon Nintendo? Is it a Star Fox 3D/Bravely Default reprint???

If we could transfer save data from one cart to another I wouldn't mind trading in my physical copy just to get the starter one at a lower price. Although I'm 100% sure someone will eBay the extras....but I hope they didn't change the cart sticker.....

#3 Marfie, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  4. Padre

Padre Pro Squid

Its not late. Game been out only more than half year. It still has lot of time left.

LiX likes this.
  5. Mar$el

Mar$el Inkling Commander

They'd make a ton more money off of selling separately. Or people will eBay them for a way high price. Stickers seem cool. I wonder if the starter guide has numbers for points scored for rainmaker on different maps... Although then again there's so many updates and such how could they just make an "in-depth guide?" I don't think "walls don't count as points in turf war" is very in-depth... even for a beginner.

Drew Sebastino likes this.
  6. Elecmaw

Elecmaw Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    Well... It does come with a guide, so at least that's nice for newbies starting out. While guides (esp. for multiplayer games which get patched a lot) can get outdated pretty quickly, Judd does give some useful advice sometimes so maybe it could be helpful?

7. LiX

LiX Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8003-1880-5821
    I agree it should've been released way earlier. But possibly this is an attempt to get a new wave of players in post the Christmas wave. Let's see how successful it is. I sure hope it will be.

Agreed. Contrary to Splatoon 1, Splatoon 2 was released for the birth of a console, not for its end. Additionally, Nintendo pledged atleast 2 year splatfest support. So I hope it will still be rolling well for 2 more years. Naturally, player activity will fall then.