• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Splatoon 2 v3.0 has been released!

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
As of just over a half hour ago v3.0 has been released for Splatoon 2!
4 New Weapons Were Added:
Neo Splash-o-matic: Burst Bomb, Suction Bomb Launcher
Foil Squeezer: Splat Bomb, Bubble Blower
New Squiffer: Autobomb, Baller
Glooga Dualies Deco: Splash Wall, Baller

Also Camp Triggerfish is releasing incredible a few minutes!
New gear is being added, as well as new music.
Also the ranked battle stages of the month have been revealed.
Of course rank X, and you will be able to do special poses inside games!

Probably one of my favorite nerfs:
Using Sting Ray from within the protection of your spawn area, you will be pushed outside it.
@Mar$el you wanted this right?

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Also can anyone copy and paste the patch notes here? No link please

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
.96 Gal
96 Gal Deco Decreased trajectory variance of first shot while also increasing time required to reach maximum shot variance when firing continuously.
Luna Blaster
Luna Blaster Neo Increased area covered by ink at your feet when firing.
L-3 Nozzlenose
L-3 Nozzlenose D Now more likely to ink the area at your feet when firing.
Squeezer Increased firing range when holding ZR to fire continuously by roughly 4%.
Decreased ink consumption when holding ZR to fire continuously by roughly 10%.
Dynamo Roller
Gold Dynamo Roller Increased number of ink droplets generated by a horizontal swing, also decreasing time before turf is inked or attacks land.
Increased spread of ink droplets generated by a horizontal swing.
Flingza Roller
Foil Flingza Roller Adjusted distance at which damage from a horizontal swing begins to decrease. Increased distances at which damage exceeding 100.0 and 50.0 are dealt by roughly 12%.
Inkbrush
Inkbrush Nouveau Increased overall spread of ink generated by swinging the brush, with the spread of ink closest to the player seeing the biggest increase, making it easier to ink continuous areas of turf.
Classic Squiffer Area at player’s feet will now always be inked when firing.
Splat Charger
Firefin Splat Charger
Hero Charger Replica Area at player’s feet will now always be inked when firing.
Splatterscope
Firefin Splatterscope Area at player’s feet will now always be inked when firing.
E-liter 4K
Custom E-liter 4K Area at player’s feet will now always be inked when firing.
E-liter 4K Scope
Custom E-liter 4K Scope Area at player’s feet will now always be inked when firing.
Bamboozler 14 Mk I Increased maximum damage from 80.0 to 85.0.
Goo Tuber
Custom Goo Tuber Area at player’s feet will now always be inked when firing.
Glooga Dualies Increased firing range after performing a dodge roll by roughly 13%.
Splat Brella
Sorella Brella Increased area covered by ink droplets when shots hit a surface.
Tenta Brella Increased area covered by ink at player’s feet when the brella is open.
Increased area of ink coverage generated when umbrella portion is launched.
Decreased time for new umbrella to be generated after it is either destroyed or launched from 6 to 5 seconds.
Splash Wall Decreased time after using before ink recovery begins by roughly 1 second.
Now possible to create a wall when a wall you’ve created already exists in the stage. Creating a new wall will cause the older one to disappear.
Decreased least amount of time for wall to open after being placed by roughly 15/60 of a second.
  • This change decreases the time until the wall opens when creating a wall on either flat ground or facing a downward slope by roughly 15/60 of a second.
  • When creating a wall while facing an upward slope or other condition that causes the wall to be placed immediately, there will be no change in how quickly the wall opens.
Squid Beakon Increased durability by roughly 20%.
Due to the above fix, damage dealt by certain attacks has also changed.
  • Decreased damage dealt by Sting Rays by roughly 58%.
  • Decreased damage dealt by Ink Storms by roughly 67%.
  • Increased damage dealt by Nozzlenose weapons by roughly 20%.
  • Increased damage dealt by Blaster weapons by roughly 20%.
  • Increased damage dealt by vertical swing attacks with Roller weapons by roughly 20%.
Ink Mine With the R button pressed and held, player is now able to go into squid form immediately by pressing ZL, even before the Ink Mine has been fully set.
Curling Bomb Decreased radius of ink coverage and damage dealt by Curling Bomb explosion when R is pressed and immediately released.
Bomb now grows in size the longer R is held, increasing ink coverage while traveling and area of ink coverage and damage dealt when it explodes.
Decreased amount of time before ink recovery begins after use in proportion to how long R button is held.
Sprinkler Decreased ink consumption from 70% to 60% of ink tank capacity.
Decreased degree to which less area is inked proportional to distance between Sprinkler and terrain floor when placed in a location with a different height than surrounding terrain.
Increased durability by roughly 20%.
  • Increased damage dealt by vertical swing attacks with Roller weapons by roughly 20%.
Decreased range of ink droplets and area of coverage during time after placement until Sprinkler output begins to weaken.
Curling-Bomb Launcher As a sub weapon, the size of Curling Bombs will now change depending on how long the R button is held, but Curling Bombs generated by the Curling Bomb Launcher will always be the same size, regardless of button press duration.
  • Due to this change, area of ink coverage while Curling Bombs are traveling has been increased slightly.
  • Due to this change, area of ink coverage and damage dealt by Curling Bomb explosions has been decreased slightly.
Sting Ray Reduced damage dealt by roughly 10%.
Sting Ray’s beam will now pass through the spawn point barrier when used within the barrier around your team’s spawn point.
Ink Recovery Up Increased effect when in kid form by roughly 6%.
Special Saver Made effect more likely to occur even when used with fewer than maximum stacked Special Saver gear abilities.
Effect of gear ability when used with maximum stacked Special Saver abilities is the same.
Ink Resistance Up Improved effect of reducing maximum amount of damage dealt by stepping in opponent’s ink.
Speed at which damage is dealt when stepping in opponent’s ink will now be slower.
Opening Gambit While active, Opening Gambit’s duration will be extended by 7.5 seconds for each opponent splatted by the player or assist they are credited with.
Haunt Opposing players marked with Haunt will now incur the penalties of Respawn Punisher (additional time before respawn, further reduction of special gauge when respawning) when splatted.
Thermal Ink Duration extended from 6 to 12 seconds.
Respawn Punisher Increased degree to which the effect of the gear ability Quick Respawn is nullified from 80% to 85%.
Drop Roller After Drop Roller is used, the player will receive the effects of Run Speed Up, Swim Speed Up, and Ink Resistance Up for roughly 3 seconds.
Comeback Decreased the boost to stats while Comeback is active from 1.2 times the value of the main gear power to 1 times that value.
Ninja Squid Ninja Squid will now nullify roughly 20% of the effect provided by the player’s Swim Speed Up gear ability.
Luna Blaster Neo 180 >170
Clash Blaster Neo 180 >170
Zink Mini Splatling 200 >190
Blaster
Hero Blaster Replica 170 >190
Slosher Deco 200 >220
Heavy Splatling
Hero Splatling Replica 180 >200

Personally I think this patch is quite underwhelming. Some highlights are the dynamo buff to painting, bamboo does 85 damage, splash wall works how it should have been, ray nerf (kinda), Haunt is meta, and you can sub-strafe with ink mines. Point req changes to blaster bucket deco and heavy were all important but they are nowhere near gone imo. Everyone's gonna be running QR and Haunt and using the splash neo in about 12 hours. Good luck all I will be playing Liter, picking up firefin again (splash wall buff!) and using ttek if my brand new X rank teammates disappoint me. Honestly I might be more excited about the hero mode updates than these patch notes.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
.96 Gal
96 Gal Deco Decreased trajectory variance of first shot while also increasing time required to reach maximum shot variance when firing continuously.
Luna Blaster
Luna Blaster Neo Increased area covered by ink at your feet when firing.
L-3 Nozzlenose
L-3 Nozzlenose D Now more likely to ink the area at your feet when firing.
Squeezer Increased firing range when holding ZR to fire continuously by roughly 4%.
Decreased ink consumption when holding ZR to fire continuously by roughly 10%.
Dynamo Roller
Gold Dynamo Roller Increased number of ink droplets generated by a horizontal swing, also decreasing time before turf is inked or attacks land.
Increased spread of ink droplets generated by a horizontal swing.
Flingza Roller
Foil Flingza Roller Adjusted distance at which damage from a horizontal swing begins to decrease. Increased distances at which damage exceeding 100.0 and 50.0 are dealt by roughly 12%.
Inkbrush
Inkbrush Nouveau Increased overall spread of ink generated by swinging the brush, with the spread of ink closest to the player seeing the biggest increase, making it easier to ink continuous areas of turf.
Classic Squiffer Area at player’s feet will now always be inked when firing.
Splat Charger
Firefin Splat Charger
Hero Charger Replica Area at player’s feet will now always be inked when firing.
Splatterscope
Firefin Splatterscope Area at player’s feet will now always be inked when firing.
E-liter 4K
Custom E-liter 4K Area at player’s feet will now always be inked when firing.
E-liter 4K Scope
Custom E-liter 4K Scope Area at player’s feet will now always be inked when firing.
Bamboozler 14 Mk I Increased maximum damage from 80.0 to 85.0.
Goo Tuber
Custom Goo Tuber Area at player’s feet will now always be inked when firing.
Glooga Dualies Increased firing range after performing a dodge roll by roughly 13%.
Splat Brella
Sorella Brella Increased area covered by ink droplets when shots hit a surface.
Tenta Brella Increased area covered by ink at player’s feet when the brella is open.
Increased area of ink coverage generated when umbrella portion is launched.
Decreased time for new umbrella to be generated after it is either destroyed or launched from 6 to 5 seconds.
Splash Wall Decreased time after using before ink recovery begins by roughly 1 second.
Now possible to create a wall when a wall you’ve created already exists in the stage. Creating a new wall will cause the older one to disappear.
Decreased least amount of time for wall to open after being placed by roughly 15/60 of a second.
  • This change decreases the time until the wall opens when creating a wall on either flat ground or facing a downward slope by roughly 15/60 of a second.
  • When creating a wall while facing an upward slope or other condition that causes the wall to be placed immediately, there will be no change in how quickly the wall opens.
Squid Beakon Increased durability by roughly 20%.
Ink Mine With the R button pressed and held, player is now able to go into squid form immediately by pressing ZL, even before the Ink Mine has been fully set.
Curling Bomb Decreased radius of ink coverage and damage dealt by Curling Bomb explosion when R is pressed and immediately released.
Bomb now grows in size the longer R is held, increasing ink coverage while traveling and area of ink coverage and damage dealt when it explodes.
Decreased amount of time before ink recovery begins after use in proportion to how long R button is held.
Sprinkler Decreased ink consumption from 70% to 60% of ink tank capacity.
Decreased degree to which less area is inked proportional to distance between Sprinkler and terrain floor when placed in a location with a different height than surrounding terrain.
Increased durability by roughly 20%.
Decreased range of ink droplets and area of coverage during time after placement until Sprinkler output begins to weaken.
Curling-Bomb Launcher As a sub weapon, the size of Curling Bombs will now change depending on how long the R button is held, but Curling Bombs generated by the Curling Bomb Launcher will always be the same size, regardless of button press duration.
  • Due to this change, area of ink coverage while Curling Bombs are traveling has been increased slightly.
  • Due to this change, area of ink coverage and damage dealt by Curling Bomb explosions has been decreased slightly.
Sting Ray Reduced damage dealt by roughly 10%.
Sting Ray’s beam will now pass through the spawn point barrier when used within the barrier around your team’s spawn point.
Ink Recovery Up Increased effect when in kid form by roughly 6%.
Special Saver Made effect more likely to occur even when used with fewer than maximum stacked Special Saver gear abilities.
Effect of gear ability when used with maximum stacked Special Saver abilities is the same.
Ink Resistance Up Improved effect of reducing maximum amount of damage dealt by stepping in opponent’s ink.
Speed at which damage is dealt when stepping in opponent’s ink will now be slower.
Opening Gambit While active, Opening Gambit’s duration will be extended by 7.5 seconds for each opponent splatted by the player or assist they are credited with.
Haunt Opposing players marked with Haunt will now incur the penalties of Respawn Punisher (additional time before respawn, further reduction of special gauge when respawning) when splatted.
Thermal Ink Duration extended from 6 to 12 seconds.
Respawn Punisher Increased degree to which the effect of the gear ability Quick Respawn is nullified from 80% to 85%.
Drop Roller After Drop Roller is used, the player will receive the effects of Run Speed Up, Swim Speed Up, and Ink Resistance Up for roughly 3 seconds.
Comeback Decreased the boost to stats while Comeback is active from 1.2 times the value of the main gear power to 1 times that value.
Ninja Squid Ninja Squid will now nullify roughly 20% of the effect provided by the player’s Swim Speed Up gear ability.
Luna Blaster Neo 180 >170
Clash Blaster Neo 180 >170
Zink Mini Splatling 200 >190
Blaster
Hero Blaster Replica 170 >190
Slosher Deco 200 >220
Heavy Splatling
Hero Splatling Replica 180 >200

Personally I think this patch is quite underwhelming. Some highlights are the dynamo buff to painting, bamboo does 85 damage, splash wall works how it should have been, ray nerf (kinda), Haunt is meta, and you can sub-strafe with ink mines. Point req changes to blaster bucket deco and heavy were all important but they are nowhere near gone imo. Everyone's gonna be running QR and Haunt and using the splash neo in about 12 hours. Good luck all I will be playing Liter, picking up firefin again (splash wall buff!) and using ttek if my brand new X rank teammates disappoint me. Honestly I might be more excited about the hero mode updates than these patch notes.
It is underwhelming, I am more excited for the content. Still no Splashdown or Blaster nerf. And why did the Clash receive a buff?

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Dang I'm not even home. Has a Splatoon update ever been released earlier than 6PM PST? Strikes me as odd. I always thought they wanted these updates in the morning for Japan. It's about midnight over there. Possibly done to avoid a server crash? Anyways, this one been a long time coming and I can't wait to try it later. 4 new weapons, a map, and some much needed balance changes. Oh, and a new Squeezer for all 10 of us Squeezer fans. Looks like the freshest shooter got a tad fresher.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Dang I'm not even home. Has a Splatoon update ever been released earlier than 6PM PST? Strikes me as odd. I always thought they wanted these updates in the morning for Japan. It's about midnight over there. Possibly done to avoid a server crash? Anyways, this one been a long time coming and I can't wait to try it later. 4 new weapons, a map, and some much needed balance changes. Oh, and a new Squeezer for all 10 of us Squeezer fans. Looks like the freshest shooter got a tad fresher.
The patch notes suck tbh. But new weapons and stages where the positives here. Sad there was no new game mode announced.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Yeah it seems the update isn't out yet and there was some miscommunication on Twitter that started to spread. Splatoon always be a 5-8PM thing folks.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Meh......not too impressed with the hype so far. I bought the upgraded weapons. Played with them for a little bit and went back to my usual weapons. Admittedly, they weren't really my main weapons to begin with, so. I do like the splash-a-matic at times and can see the new one being useful in ranked with the suction bomb launcher. A positive is that Camp Triggerfish is pretty cool. I never played Splatoon 1, so this was my first time playing it. just don't like it for Splat Zones so far. I did good on the stage, but my teammates on the other hand......sigh. I think the position of the split zones messed them up. Most of my SZ games on that stage were losses. I'm also noticing more dc's than usual so far. I watched some streamers on Twitch already complaining about Rank X's matchmaking and point system. I called it though. I think regardless of what rank you are, matchmaking is gonna always be a problem.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Did they just nerf Respawn Punisher by giving the effect to Haunt?
Now it's completely useless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom