• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Another thing since I was practicing the charger: A shooting gallery. There is too many static targets that causes target panic. A map dedicated to movable targets, and ones aimed to come at you would really help ease with going into shock when in turf war, especially a beginner.

Plus make the area more wider, provide more places to shoot from high and low. Also places that teach you how to hide behind obstacles or go around them. I really HOPE this is fixed because I have not heard or reveal anything about the test grounds if I am correct.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Another thing since I was practicing the charger: A shooting gallery. There is too many static targets that causes target panic. A map dedicated to movable targets, and ones aimed to come at you would really help ease with going into shock when in turf war, especially a beginner.

Plus make the area more wider, provide more places to shoot from high and low. Also places that teach you how to hide behind obstacles or go around them. I really HOPE this is fixed because I have not heard or reveal anything about the test grounds if I am correct.
I hope for this too. I rarely used the weapons testing grounds just because it was so limited...At most it had helped me with aiming my bomb throws with that basketball hoop it has. But not much help elsewhere.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I hope for this too. I rarely used the weapons testing grounds just because it was so limited...At most it had helped me with aiming my bomb throws with that basketball hoop it has. But not much help elsewhere.
I mean, the way I see the one player mode, they add more things to train with. But for convenient sake for a warm up, a better ground for such is VERY helpful. You know what would be also amazing? Going against a ghost inkling.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
You know what would be also amazing? Going against a ghost inkling.
Ah like a CPU Player? That would be interesting. Ai isn't fantastic (at least with octolings on Splatoon's Hero mode) but it can help for quick little warm ups and of course- they make for good moving targets to warm up on too.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Ah like a CPU Player? That would be interesting. Ai isn't fantastic (at least with octolings on Splatoon's Hero mode) but it can help for quick little warm ups and of course- they make for good moving targets to warm up on too.
And select what weapon they can use against you. Charger, slosher, whatever. I mean, it isn't going to be perfect AI as you stated, but it will be like smash with such. I don't know if they could fit that programming in, but it will be so exceptional to have!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
And select what weapon they can use against you. Charger, slosher, whatever. I mean, it isn't going to be perfect AI as you stated, but it will be like smash with such. I don't know if they could fit that programming in, but it will be so exceptional to have!
You should be able to choose what type of gear they have, lots of swim/ run speed would provide more reaction and strafing practice while, defense up will require full charging your shots or subbing in defense up.
Maybe they set up this in a spar mode on the amiibo to accomplish this, like in smash bros, it would definately help players get better

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
It's octo-valley in splatoon 1, ja?

And there ya go @ZEROrevive xD
The US tumblr is ahead of the JP twitter for about the 3rd time in Splatoon history
If only it could stay that way xP (or atleast they could take turns, I dunno)

nvm ^_^;;
Yeah, it is. So there might be more Octarians than we thought *shrug*

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I have absolutely NO idea if this is a crediblle source(and the source linking is terrible as always), but it popped up under my splatoon 2 google search
http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/161124119989

First bit is just re-iteration about no voice chat restricted to between friend's list people

But the second bit talks about more multiplayer unlocks from singleplayer than what Splatoon 1 has
AND single player unlocks from multiplayer???

Intriguing... if it's even true (btw, unless someone can locate the original interview, I'd hesitate putting this on the list just yet xP)

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Another update Splatoon US? Shocking!

This seems to clarify that this Agent 4 inkling in particular (AKA, your character) had never heard of the squid sisters. So they're not forgotten and unknown by ALL as some of us had thought.

On a side note, is some event going to happen with Tower Records in Japan again? Seems like it, according to this:
Google Translate:
"A tomorrowcode says something anxious images were released.
No way ......, this year too??"

Quoted Tweet:
"Sepuku is beginning this year ....

What is going to happen to Tower Reco?
stay tuned!"

And this little teaser video- is that a new music jingle?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Splatoon US is getting back at me for complaining about them not updating enough. I just know it.

Some info regarding Sheldon here this time. The most interesting part however is where it says this...
He will lend Agent 4 weapons exclusively for fighting the Octarian threat. This also allows him to collect data on his weapons so he can mass produce them for use in official Turf War battles, so it’s a win-win.
So more confirmation on getting these weapons being available outside of Hero Mode (although it was pretty obvious in the first place).

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So now I wonder
With hero mode coming with splatlng, slosher, and octobrush
Will these (particularly the brush) be in the game day 1?

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
From that Japanese Nintendo post you mentioned earlier it seems that you may be able to bring in weapons you will later unlock as you progress, probably as a free run mode.
So @Green Waffles it seems one way or another you most likely be able to play brush in single player mode

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oh, no I meant, since the octobrush is in single player, will it also be available for multiplayer from day one? (as opposed to it being added later in a patch, how it was added in Splatoon 1)

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Hey, this was just posted. @ZEROrevive , do me the honors please. I am too lazy to translate this bugger...

Doesn't seem to relevant to news, but its amusing anyway:

"Does everyone remember this calligraphy? A little before 2 years, I wrote to check the rumors that letters written in Ikasumi will change color over time. Though it was a polo and what came out with a few extra copies ... .... How, the character has changed to sepia! The rumor seems to have been true.

By the way, past postings are here.

Yesterday, "Splatoon" celebrated its 2nd anniversary. When I see this calligraphy, I feel two years. I would like to express my sincere appreciation to you for continuing my research so far with your support. Even though Ikasumi characters fade away, memories of the past two years will not fade away.

Oh, by the way, I'd like you to understand that the report was delayed for a day because he was obsessed and forgotten to stretch Ude, and that's never the case. Next week as well ...... I would like to continue to patronize the squid research laboratory in the future."

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Doesn't seem to relevant to news, but its amusing anyway:

"Does everyone remember this calligraphy? A little before 2 years, I wrote to check the rumors that letters written in Ikasumi will change color over time. Though it was a polo and what came out with a few extra copies ... .... How, the character has changed to sepia! The rumor seems to have been true.

By the way, past postings are here.

Yesterday, "Splatoon" celebrated its 2nd anniversary. When I see this calligraphy, I feel two years. I would like to express my sincere appreciation to you for continuing my research so far with your support. Even though Ikasumi characters fade away, memories of the past two years will not fade away.

Oh, by the way, I'd like you to understand that the report was delayed for a day because he was obsessed and forgotten to stretch Ude, and that's never the case. Next week as well ...... I would like to continue to patronize the squid research laboratory in the future."
I still consider it part of this thread, though. So I had to put it up here anywhere for the sake of being part of the newsfeed.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Sounds kinda final, like a farewell. Which wouldn't surprise me, with less than two months to launch there probably isn't much more they're willing to reveal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom