• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
"As we have talked about, there are various brands in gear. There are still brands that have not been introduced yet, but not to stick to one brand, combining various brands is a dress technique of fashion squids. Who is going to be the most savory guy at Hikara Square?"
So there's more brands to come. Great picture and exciting stuff!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yay, Splat Zones is back! And the other two as well I suppose :P

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627

@ZEROrevive, do me the honors once again.
You've got it.

First Tweet:
"At the e3 World Congress, not only the "Nawabari Battle" rule introduced so far, but also the match will be played under the rules of "Gachieria" "Gachiyagura" "Gachiho". The details of "Gachimachi" which fights against "Udemae" by these three rules are also worrisome, but let's first review the rules."

Second Tweet:
"Gachieria "rule is a rule that a team competing for" Gatiarea "placed in the stage and winning a victory will win. You can take away Gachieria by dyeing it with ink from your team. In this time, the filling condition in the gut area is displayed on the center indicator. Let's refer to it."

And another new tweet which I'll translate as well.
""Gachiyagura" rule is a rule that a team who competed for "Gachiyagura" moving along the rail and carried to the goal of the opponent's position wins. This time, "Common" is installed at the important point in the middle of the rail. Since Yagura is temporarily stopped on "Komon", it is the key to break through squids in cooperation with their colleagues."

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
A few interesting details here. The tower stopping at a designated point in tower control will be a game changer - Combat's gonna be more vicious than ever.

Also, Moray Towers had it's two zones moved to the center. That's both good and irritating - good because this means an end to the odd stalemates and back-and-forth players had to deal with on the old set-up, irritating because chargers will have an easier time than ever abusing that one perch :P

And while I was typing, this happened!
"The "Gachihoko Battle" rule is a rule that a team who took down the "Gachiko" placed in the stage and touched down to the goal of the opponent's position wins. Gacho hoco shots that can be launched from the Gachiko this time will cause an explosion at the point where they land when charging up to the maximum. You are better at "attack" than "defense"."

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Seems like the typical modes but with added grind rails. Then again, I recall with the trailers showing off such so this is a interesting new feature you will be dealing with. I am a rainmaker fan, so I wonder how much trouble I will be dealing with while trying to juggle the rainmaker while being projected over by railing.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
"When you get splatted, you become a huge liability to your team" I guess we know who isn't up to date on the meta ;)
With the Inkzooka gone, it makes sense that the Rainmaker is no longer a variant on it. I kinda like this new exploding rainmaker better, both mechanically and visually.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Love the idea of checkpoints for tower control, people just used to use up all their special to hold during all the way to the base (cough... arrowanna mall)
Now it is a little more systematic in your approach to the tower, and more importantly you don't have to rush the tower in a desperate attempt to stop a push.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Love the idea of checkpoints for tower control, people just used to use up all their special to hold during all the way to the base (cough... arrowanna mall)
Now it is a little more systematic in your approach to the tower, and more importantly you don't have to rush the tower in a desperate attempt to stop a push.
I agree. It made TC rather unbalanced sometimes if a team had specials that could sit on the tower for a easy push.

This should help splatted teams have a chance in taking back the tower better as well. There's nothing worse than seeing a tower easily be pushed towards the goal while waiting to be respawned with your entire team.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
My real question is how the ranked system is going to work, if it's still going to be as broken and messed up as the first game. I'm hoping for less of a penalty for unintentional disconnects/unstable connection, and maybe an incentive for maybe making the most progress on your team (Ie carrying the rainmaker furthest, being on the tower longest, inking the zones the most) as a way to motivate players to be less of chickens.

Also LAVENDER INK AND SILVER EYES ANYONE???!?!?

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
*goes to youtube comments*
Can't wait to see what they're discussing regarding the ranked mode changes.
90% of the comments
"This isn't voice chat D:<"
"I thought this was voice chat"
"Why is there no voice chat. Nintendo sucks"
Back to squidboards then.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
My real question is how the ranked system is going to work, if it's still going to be as broken and messed up as the first game. I'm hoping for less of a penalty for unintentional disconnects/unstable connection, and maybe an incentive for maybe making the most progress on your team (Ie carrying the rainmaker furthest, being on the tower longest, inking the zones the most) as a way to motivate players to be less of chickens.

Also LAVENDER INK AND SILVER EYES ANYONE???!?!?
Gonna have to politely disagree. Technology isn't at the point where it can tell the difference between a power outage, a connection dropping, or some guy shutting off his router/Switch/what have you to ragequit. Disconnect penalties will have to stay in for that reason.

Also, incentives would lead to yet more player outrage. Suddenly we'd have League-style raging that some person *deserved* to be the top of their team, and such.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Finally caught up man lots of News I love the tweaks to Tower control I think it really needed the Checkpoints. I feel like there is more they will show At E3. Or maybe even later.
For right now We are looking at an amazing game from day one. (Splatoon was a little lacking at launch)

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
We are going to see how this works during E3 tree house stream or maybe in the Splatoon invitational battles, hopefully along with some of the other subs, and all 8+ specials

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Holy crap I thought this was only 1 post

I can't wait to play this game!

EDIT: Was watching that video and noticed this. There's buttons for you to press for all of the players. Which is kinda weird
Maybe there's a spectator mode or something ??? Or maybe it's just something I'm missing idk

Attachments

Last edited:

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Finally caught up man lots of News I love the tweaks to Tower control I think it really needed the Checkpoints. I feel like there is more they will show At E3. Or maybe even later.
For right now We are looking at an amazing game from day one. (Splatoon was a little lacking at launch)
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell
Just like the first, splatoon 2 won't have ranked open until enough people reach level 10+, and the weapons are going to ooze in increments into the game like before(it might be faster this time though? since they have the previous weapons all developed, they just have to possibly work on tweaking 'em. Also maybe new weapon types???)

But the game looks like it will still have more at its launch than splatoon 1. The salmon run mode, a single player with more replayability, and probably a bit more weapons available from the git-go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom