• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Will Not Update

SquiddyKat

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5563-4478-5986
I bought a new Switch, and my old one is at my parents. I bought a used Splatoon 2, and it looks great, I played the first part of it, and issues.
It never completes the update. It gets to either 99 or 100% and then communication error 2137-4011. The Switch is a factory reset.

The internet connection is great. I tried updating the system; latest version.
I tried rebooting the router.
I tried updating it via - and update from the Internet.
I also tried checking for corrupt data.
I tried rebooting the Switch, this is a factory reset, and it recently came back from Nintendo due to a broken screen.
I tried changing from 5GHz to 2.4GHz.

I've no idea what is going on. After the first few times, I thought that I had to play it some and get past the introduction stage.
I'm headed back to my parent's tomorrow.

I will try my other Splatoon game and some other ones. Has this ever happened to anyone? Has anyone any suggestion or know what is wrong? Thank you.

~ SquiddyKat

Last edited:

Kaibakihashi

Inkling
I went to Nintendo's website to look up the error code, and it isn't coming up at all where you can search under the error codes, are you sure that is the code it gives you?

I get the first half of numbers and then different second-half numbers. There is one number that matches the second half, but not the first half as well.

SquiddyKat

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5563-4478-5986
Yes,
I called Nintendo a couple of weeks ago. They weren't familliar the error code.
I deleted the game and tried another game, same title, and the same thing happened.
I tried Zelda: Breath Of The Wild, and no problems there.

Nintendo said that they would follow up with me, but I haven't heard back from them yet.
I tried Splatoon 2 on another Switch (Lite) here, and it updated without issues.
It's really weird, but it looks like it has to do with the Switch system itself. I think Nintendo gave me a defective Switch.

I apologise for the long delay. I got busy and I forgot all about my post.

SquiddyKat

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5563-4478-5986
I'm sorry for the delay in response. Nintendo hasn't followed up.
I'm angry that they not only took my money, but they gave me a faulty Switch in return.
I will work on it today. If it isn't resolved, I want to sue Nintendo. They should reimburse me for a new one, or at least give me a refund for the repair.

samaya

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2437-6092-3911
hmmm where did ya get it from?

SquiddyKat

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5563-4478-5986
I sent my Switch in for repair and they gave me another one.
They did up a repair order, at no charge. I sent it off today.

samaya

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2437-6092-3911
oh cool hope they fix it

SquiddyKat

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5563-4478-5986
I I got a Sweitch back from Nintedo, it works. I had a coupel of sctrange errors on game cartridge, but that was only two within 4 hours of playing. I'm glad it finally works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom