• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Will Receive Updates in 2020

Cephalobro

Well, one of the 2020 updates is certainly unexpected. The January 2020 is expected since that's a balance update, but what confuses me is the April 2020 update. While I am going to expect the April update to just be a balance update, I find it odd that they scheduled one in April since that's already a third of the year in a game where many players are moving on to newer Switch games.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
I'm a bit surprised we're seeing another balance patch at all, but perhaps that's because we only saw two updates for Splatoon 1 after Splatfests ended. Having a guaranteed patch in April is a bit curious but I'd be shocked if it's anything more than a simple balance update.

Though by all means, Nintendo, surprise us with a huge QOL patch that lets us skip the intro...

Cephalobro

I'm a bit surprised we're seeing another balance patch at all, but perhaps that's because we only saw two updates for Splatoon 1 after Splatfests ended. Having a guaranteed patch in April is a bit curious but I'd be shocked if it's anything more than a simple balance update.

Though by all means, Nintendo, surprise us with a huge QOL patch that lets us skip the intro...
Oddly enough, Nintendo of America's Instagram has a group picture of Callie, Marie, and Pearl, but not Marina. That definitely raises some suspicion about all this. Also, if you notice, Pearl is wearing a hat that has an 8-bit octopus on it.

The picture in question

EDIT: False alarm, Marina is not in the picture because she's the one taking it. I'm actually kind of glad that doesn't lead into anything related to Splatoon 3 like many thought because I'm tired of the losing side becoming antagonists.

Last edited:

Squidge

Inkling
Seeing the Instgram post makes me hope for the impossible.

Bring back Frosty Fest Nintendo please!!!!

Cephalobro

Still, something seems fishy about the April update. But to avoid being disappointed, I'm going to keep my expectations rock bottom. Maybe a few additional world-building and lore stuff added for players to find around in the Square and maybe in both of the game's single-player mode or some other minor stuff, but that's the extent of which I could expect. I just don't expect the April update to bring in something big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom