• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Splatoon 2's Ranked Mode is just awful...

What do you think of Splatoon 2's ranked ?

• Better than in Splatoon 1

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • A huge disapointment

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlookyLeYoshi

Inkling
NNID
BlookySpooky
Switch Friend Code
SW-1841-4108-5905
When you compare both Splatoon 1 and 2's ranked games, the Splatoon 1's ranked system is way better. I thought Splatoon 2 was a sequel and it's supposed to do thing more fun and interresting so I don't know why but they changed the ranked meter and now it's just crazy frustrating because when you get at the end of let's say... S, 1 match away from S+ but since Splatoon 2's ranked is just bad and filled with terrible players everywhere you go, you lose and you get the 4th crack and you have to start all over again compared to Splatoon 1's ranked system which only took you down by around 10 points.
Also one of my biggest complaints of ranked are the maps that are offered. The Splatoon 2 new maps are crazy spawn campy so if you lose the Splat Zone (example) and you're whole team dies, it's over, you can't even get out of your base.

Another issue that Splatoon 2 has are disconnects. So many players D/C and when the results screen shows even tho your team mate D/cs in the middle of a match, you still have a chance that the message "Some players disconnected earlier on so your rank gauge won't get changed" doesn't show up so you still can get a crack.

But my biggest disapointment is the new mode, Clam Blitz. CB is just awful and super spawn campy heck it's crazy hard to KO so you might just stand there getting clams and that's it, the gamemode gets boring after 2 minutes of playing it. I kid you not the amounts of times that the shield of any team has never been broken and then the Overtime shows up making the game super long (my record was 15 mins long) because it's an infinite Overtime and the game insists that you/your enemy breaks the shield with a super
clam.

In conclusion, to me the Splatoon 2 ranked is just awful, unbalanced and in my opinion just don't waste your time on it.

Last edited:

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
Idk about other people but I can't read like half of what you wrote because of the colored text

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
If you lose, the people in your team will receive the same rank penalty.
If you win, the people in your team will receive the same rank bonus.

This is an auto-adjustment that works.
If you win with "crappy" teammates, then you bring those people up with you.
But then they will be even worse on higher rank, and rank down from there, all this rank are not just you, it's your entire team.
If everybody could choose rank, they would put themselves on the highest rank, just because they feel they deserve it.

It's just like the Save Scummers in Splat1, horrible teammates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom