• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 3 Flood Mode Idea

TrueBlueDogemon

Inkling
NNID
MasterLoopySwag
So I recently had this crazy idea for a Flood gamemode in Splatoon 3 (should it ever be a thing, that is...)

The gist of my whole idea is that you and up to three other players are trapped in a facility that is flooding with some kind of substance. (My original thought was water, but then I changed it to a more ink-like substance, like the green stuff from Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion.) To win, you'd have to escape the facility but if you get caught in the flood, you lose. There are also leaks in the walls that you can plug with ink, but if you overdo it, the leaks will burst, causing the flood to rise faster. In addition, various devices from previous games can appear to help assist you in escaping the flood.

I figured this would be a great solo or co-op experience if it was ever implemented, and I figure it'd make for some new maps and whatnot. With that being said, please tell me what you think! Feel free to elaborate on any particular changes that might need made.

And with that, I bid you adieu for now,
- Dogemon

Cephalobro

This is a great idea! But I feel like there needs to be some obstacles to make it a little more challenging than just outrunning the dangerous liquid, like maybe some walls that need to be destroyed or switches (pun not intended) that need to be pressed before a door opens. This will certainly keep players on their toes. Maybe at the top of the tower, everyone super jumps back to Inkopolis.

TrueBlueDogemon

Inkling
NNID
MasterLoopySwag
That’s actually not a bad idea to have some obstacles. Hadn’t thought of that myself...

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
The problem is that like Salmon Run, it has to be a perfectly unique experience every time

TrueBlueDogemon

Inkling
NNID
MasterLoopySwag
Perfectly unique, you say? Perhaps the stages for Flood Mode could be generated randomly instead of having specifically-made maps?

Cephalobro

It could be like how Pikmin 2 handles its dungeon rooms: The game randomly picks one of many pre-made layouts for stage obstacles.

Reactions: the

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Perfectly unique, you say? Perhaps the stages for Flood Mode could be generated randomly instead of having specifically-made maps?
The problem with that is randomly generated levels could be broken, boring, or just impossible. There is no variety and I don't think there will be a game mode like this, sorry. Cool idea if you work through these flaws, though :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom