• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3 Tri-Stringer Guide

Weapons Splatoon 3 Tri-Stringer Guide

tearstained--

Inkling
tearstained-- submitted a new resource:

Splatoon 3 Tri-Stringer Guide - All about the dreaded Tri-Stringer :)

Tri-Stringer. Not a lot of people enjoy this weapon. But let me tell you, being a Tri-Stringer main myself, there's so much more potential than meets the eye. I will also go over the kit, because I think it is a valuable asset to the weapon.

First off, the general horizontal shot. It has a nice coverage, so I prefer spam-clicking it to ink turf. The longer you charge the shot, the more close the arrows will be. It has nice range, but not as good as the vertical shot. If you find yourself in...
Read more about this resource...

Firework

Inkling
An interesting read for sure. Any particular tips if I were to use it in turf wars? I feel like it has potential, but I never seem to use that potential correctly.

tearstained--

Inkling
If you're using the Tri-Stringer in turf war, I do recommend tap-shooting. Think of your Tri-Stringer as a slosher - tap away!

D

Deleted member

what if the opponent is far away for the "tap" technique?

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
I reached four stars in Tri-Stringer.

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
D

Deleted member

last I remembered... 0 stars I suck at Tri stingers

Sabre

Inkling
NNID
Jeremy
Switch Friend Code
SW-0594-9622-6314
As a budding Stringer player, what kind of gear would you recommend for the weapon?

rolodabo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3963-6436-1306
As a budding Stringer player, what kind of gear would you recommend for the weapon?
not OP, but i've 5-starred stringer and experimented a lot with gear! here are a few things i do:
- i like a bit of run speed on my stringer -- somewhere between 1 main + 1 sub or 2 subs -- the extra mobility can really help, especially for repositioning slightly while aiming.
- thermal ink is kind of a staple but i flip between running it and not, so i'd recommend experimenting with that.
- if you're playing rainmaker, object shredder goes really well with stringer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom