• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 3 v.2.0 Patch Notes

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310

BIG TAKEAWAYS:
Nintendo is finally nerfing Tentamissiles!
Players over B rank can derank and not be stuck in a rank that they don't belong in. This should benefit matchmaking.
Line Marker got a nice buff! I still think it needs to deal more damage, though.
You can change your name specifically for Private Battles. This is useful for tournament organizers and commentators.
You can open photo mode in recon and even take pictures with your amiibo.
Salmon replays.
Zipcaster should be a lot stronger and last much longer.
The winning team does not automatically become the defending team in Tricolor Splatfest anymore. All three teams have an equal chance of being defenders.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
I wish there was a proper deranking system in place instead of an opt-in, but this is already a big step forward. X battles having split rankings is also a welcome returning feature, though I admittedly really hope they bring the idea back down to the regular ranked pool as well.
The tricolor thing is huge, and about the only way I could see the whole thing being properly balanced. Fingers crossed no future Splatfest topics create a huge popularity gap like Gear v Grub v Fun, though, that would make the new system pretty miserable.
Very happy with these changes overall, though!

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
Imo I think that missiles should have a grace period like every other special. What do I mean by "grace period" you might ask. Well take ink storm
as an example, when you deploy ink storm the special meter starts draining and you can't build special until the special is done. Tenta missiles don't have that and if it did it would curb some of this spam that's been going around. Now due to how missiles work it's variable on it's duration so I'd say just make it a flat 5 or 6 seconds or something. I'm fine with missiles being a strong special, just have it be you actually have to use them at the right time instead of pumping them out all the time and hoping others can take advantage of them.
Called it.

The other changes are good too. Esp. Zipcaster, Angle Shooter, and Rank costs for Anarchy Series. Maybe wished they could've changed more things, but whatever that'll happen eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom