• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3 Wishes and Predictions

Cephalobro

I know I have made a Splatoon 3 related thread last year, but that was just for story. This one will encompass things in Splatoon in general, also feel free to state your own wishes and predictions. Without further ado, here are my wishes and predictions for Splatoon 3.

My predictions: The story mode will be basic with a few key features taken from Octo Expansion, like acknowledging that the new player Agent can be either an Inkling or Octoling. And if a previous Agent return, you get to customize them first as it was the case for Agent 3 during Octo Expansion. Allowing for canon to be personal rather than universal (which personal canon is better for this game anyways).

No new playable species in the base game, but the base game will foreshadow their existence. This happened in Splatoon 1 where DJ Octavio appeared in his humanoid form along with Cap'n Cuttlefish, thus foreshadowing the existence of male Octolings. Splatoon 3's foreshadowing might possibly be from a new character who is important to the plot and whose head will be completely covered, either by a hoodie with a mask, or a helmet similar to both game's Power Armor. The new playable species would become playable through a DLC story mode. Also, Octolings are playable from the start.

The return of Salmon Run, this one is pretty much obvious. Salmon Run added a team mode that played against the A.I. rather than other players. I'm pretty sure Nintendo wants to keep that mode in the game. New Salmon Run modes might also be possible, like instead of collecting Golden Eggs, it could be a fight for survival sort of thing, like making barricades to slow down the Salmonids' advance toward players. Making this a zombie-esc kind of survival.

My wishes: New antagonist for the base-game's story mode, I think that the Octarians already run their course as villains, especially with the fight against Octavio in the first game just couldn't be topped by the second game's Octavio fight. Plus, by the time that Splatoon 3 happens, Octarians in general would be able to be found above-ground living peacefully with the Inklings, this was already started by Octolings, so it's only natural for other Octarians to live above-ground as well. Speaking of that...

The option to have a companion species follow you around Inkopolis, not necessarily a pet, but it can also be your non-battling buddy. A few that would come in mind in the pet department are the Nudiibranch (or however that animal's name is spelled), a Sea Snake and even a Turtle. In the buddy department could be a Jellyfish, an Octotrooper (without the vehicle) who would have the same tentacle color as your character does or even a Fish. I think this would make the world of Splatoon a lot more lively. As a bonus, other player's Inklings and Octolings would also be seen with their companions if the players of those characters chose to have one. Like for example, you play as an Octoling and your companion is an Octotrooper while another player that you see in the lobby chose to play as an Inkling who has a Sea Snake companion.

A lot of the confusing lore to be explained, Splatoon as a series already have a lot of confusing lore. An example being, what kind of meat-like foods that Inklings and Octolings eat aside from what Crusty Sean offers? Having the confusing part of the lore being explained would make me enjoy the game even more. Granted, they can still keep some of it a mystery, like the identity of Mr. Grizz.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Is it same to assume a Splatoon 3 release inevitable? I seriously doubt it will be anytime soon, let alone on the Switch especially with the confirmed more updates.

Cephalobro

Is it same to assume a Splatoon 3 release inevitable? I seriously doubt it will be anytime soon, let alone on the Switch especially with the confirmed more updates.
Off course a Splatoon 3 is going to happen, if not on the Switch, then definitely on a future Nintendo console, Splatoon isn't going away at all.

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
I want to be able to choose what kind of Ranked Battle to have instead of Nintendo choosing it. I only care about Splat Zones and hate the others. Same goes for Salmon Run. It should always be accessible. Basically we should have free will over what maps and modes to play instead of rotation in my opinion.

I also want to have voice chat available but Nintendo being the clueless idiots they are when it comes to online, I'm not holding my breath.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I dont think we will see 'choose your own ranked mode' any time soon. To small of a player base.

I would like to see new shift types in Salmon Run.

Lets visit other parts of the world. There has to be other cities besides Inkopolis out there.

Cephalobro

I agree with being able to choose Ranked modes, the problem with waiting for Ranked modes is that the Ranks aren't one like in Splatoon 1, which had you waiting for a specific Ranked mode just to be able to raise its Rank. In Splatoon 1, it was fine to have you wait for a ranked mode because they shared a rank, but in Splatoon 2, some ranked modes might not even come up during the day at all. At least have two ranked modes available to play at the same time, being able to choose between the two would be a step in the right direction.

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
I dont think we will see 'choose your own ranked mode' any time soon. To small of a player base.
Splatoon's player base may not be as big as Call Of Duty's, Halo's, or even Nintendo's other franchises but it's still there. Otherwise this site wouldn't exist :P I wouldn't exactly call it "small". Plus I don't think the size of a player base should determine whether a "Choose Your Own Ranked Mode" will be in the game or not.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Splatoon's player base may not be as big as Call Of Duty's, Halo's, or even Nintendo's other franchises but it's still there. Otherwise this site wouldn't exist :p I wouldn't exactly call it "small". Plus I don't think the size of a player base should determine whether a "Choose Your Own Ranked Mode" will be in the game or not.
Smaller lobby sizes the longer the wait. If I have to wait 5 minutes plus frequently to get a TC match I will eventually find something else to do with that time besides waiting around to play a few matches, and I am sure a lot of other players would feel the same way.

Noco

Full Squid
Smaller lobby sizes the longer the wait. If I have to wait 5 minutes plus frequently to get a TC match I will eventually find something else to do with that time besides waiting around to play a few matches, and I am sure a lot of other players would feel the same way.
Exactly what I was thinking. Filling lobbies in S+/X rank can already take quite a while.

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
Bring in Battle Royale mode, but only 8 at a time. Any more than that and colors could get confusing. The player with the most turf inked wins.

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
Speaking of colors, can we please have more of those? Black and red to be specific please? No I don't care about the red ink looking like blood! Brown ink would be pretty nice (if not a bit gross if you think about it) :scared:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom