• Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 3 Wishlist

Cephalobro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
And maybe for the single-player mode(s) you can choose personalities for 3, 4, and 8 so they can have dialogue and stuff that matches how you imagine them. I don't mean you choose every single thing about them, just Miitopia personality-level stuff.
This so much, Octo Expansion has already let the player choose canon already, so being able to choose how we portray the three Agents would be the logical next step, so I don't have to get stuck with the 3x8 scenario.

LunaSea

Inkling
Personally, what I’d like to see is being able to actually interact with the Idols. I’m not talking like Tentakeel Outpost sort of thing, I’m talking like getting to interact with the idols of Splatsville outside of just getting them to wave at you.

Like just being able to talk to them in their studio would be p fresh

pio_dov

Pro Squid
What if random splatfests had small effect on the game? Like a food place that serves waffles but not pancakes and chips with salsa, but not guac. Or maybe there's a popular comedy show (rather than action), and a lot of the clothes are more modern than retro. Stuff like that.

Ketatnet

Inkling
NNID
ketatnet
Switch Friend Code
SW-8017-7454-5223
I think theres a good bit that needs cleaning up from 2 but I think the biggest points that need to be fixed for me are the gyro controls and the gear

The gyro as it stands in splatoon 2 with its input lag is dreadful, and as far as im aware there have since been switch games that have managed to eliminate the lag issues, so its just a matter of the splatoon devs caring enough to fix it for splatoon 3. I understand splatoon 2 was probably pretty rushed to be a launch window game for the switch, but if this gets left as is for 3 its going to be seriously disappointing.

As far as the gear goes, I think now is the time for the devs to finally do something interesting with it. Gear was really powerful in splatoon 1 pretty much out of pure accident as far as I can tell, and things like quick respawn and damage just so happened to work as a good balancing mechanism for that game's weapons.
With Splatoon 2, they were so reticent when making gear that the game launched with almost nothing worth running. Over time they ended up having to artificially increase the value of abilities by giving them insane curves for single subs, ie inkres, special saver, qsj, so on. These abilities did not become powerful, they simply became worth running because they required almost zero investment.

In Splatoon 3 I hope that the devs look back and learn from both splatoon 1 and 2, and revamp the gear system to be more specialized than before.
They could accomplish this in a number of ways, but my personal idea is to axe the sub ability slots and have 4 main ability slots (add one for pants or something, idk). From there, they can create and revamp abilities to all be more desirable than before. For example, make inkres work like it did in splatoon 1 v1.0, revert stealth jump to invisible jumps, rework bomb defense to halve bomb damage, combine swim and run speed into a mobility up ability, etc. The point would be to have EVERY ability feel powerful and game changing to a degree, but of course you would be limited to only running your main ability slots now.

And for the hell of it, a far out idea that will never happen but would be sick is a halo style map editor, but yeah im not expecting that to be a thing in splatoon ever

Cephalobro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I hope DJ Octavio is a good guy (and the artwork depicts him as a side character anyways, much like Craig Cuttlefish and the Squid Sisters) this time, willing to listen to those who have experienced the surface. I think it would be even better is the reason why he's helping is because Marina or Agent 8 convinced him that Inklings and Octarians don't need to be fighting to live in the same place. Or he learns that fact during the Hero mode and decides to talk to Craig Cuttlefish about their friendship that was forcibly ended due to the Great Turf War and that they can be friends again. Allowing the Inkling and Octarian societies to merge into a bigger cephalopod society.

banyochan

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
The gyro as it stands in splatoon 2 with its input lag is dreadful, and as far as im aware there have since been switch games that have managed to eliminate the lag issues, so its just a matter of the splatoon devs caring enough to fix it for splatoon 3.
From what I understand, it seems to be a system wide issue. Some games have even managed to make input lag unbearable system-wide for me, especially Dark Souls. Do you have any examples of games that "solve" input lag on switch?

Cephalobro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Alright, since it's partly confirmed that Captain 3 will be customizable, I will explain what I want to happen when you customize him/her. During the first time you enter, you will see the Squid Sisters and Craig Cuttlefish looking at some sort of tablet. Captain 3 is behind the box, completely concealed.

When you choose Captain 3's gender, his/her tentacles will appear from one of the sides of the box if female or from the top of the box if male, but any part of the skin won't appear until you choose the skin tone, which after this point, Captain 3 will stand up, but will be looking away from you, only after you decide the eye color will Captain 3 turn around.

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
can't wait to see what paid dlc expansion the game will get in the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom