• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3 Wishlist

pio_dov

Pro Squid
I know I've asked a million times, but PLAYABLE CUTTLEFISH. It's pretty obvious we're gonna get them in Splatoon 3 (unless it's a disappointing sequel and doesn't add any new species), so when we get them can we learn at least a little bit about Callie and Marie's childhood and the origins of the NSS? That would be pretty epic.

Emperor2308

Full Squid
I know I've asked a million times, but PLAYABLE CUTTLEFISH. It's pretty obvious we're gonna get them in Splatoon 3 (unless it's a disappointing sequel and doesn't add any new species), so when we get them can we learn at least a little bit about Callie and Marie's childhood and the origins of the NSS? That would be pretty epic.
I mean, I like the NSS but I'm kinda ready to move on. The Comp scene is my thing but I love the Splatoon story, I wish for once tho, Octarians can be the good guys. Cuttlefish is cool but I mean c'mon, he's a old man now. I think like you said, an original Cuttlefish may be cool, The Great Turf War or maybe something entirely different.

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
Switch doesn't have a mic (you have to plug one into the headphone jack), so I don't think it's a real issue. Not to mention, they made voice chat a thing in Splatoon 2, just very poorly.

kolafuji

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3784-9256-1211
I think unless it's a private battle-only option, it wouldn't work out too great, i.e. language barriers, people swearing whilst children are playing, etc. Or maybe it could be like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate where you can choose to have your own mic or others enabled, so you can hear others talking but they won't hear you, and so on.
i feel like nintendo has gotten a good idea if they were to add anything open mic or social media (which isn't generously monitored) stuff like miiverse and miitomo which didn't have generous monitoring, they wouldn't add it because it went crazy and alot of "suggestive" stuff was plastered all over the platform and personally i don't feel like nintendo wants to be liable for a potential "bad reputation" with their horrible attempt at a console exclusive social media which when you make games for children to enjoy, it doesn't look very nice on there behalf.

contact me if you have any questions thanks

kola

Cephalobro

I mean, I like the NSS but I'm kinda ready to move on. The Comp scene is my thing but I love the Splatoon story, I wish for once tho, Octarians can be the good guys.
I'm hoping for that as well. Splatoon has already shown that its stories don't have to be so traditional like other Nintendo series, so I hope Nintendo actually makes the Octarians the good guys and finally see the story from their perspective, as the Octo Expansion only gave the Octoling-specific perspective. So having the story mode actually trying to escape to the surface to escape a new threat would be great, maybe Commander Tartar found a new body and now it wants to resume its barbaric sanitization on the Octarians, so now a massive war between the normal Octarians and the Sanitized Octarians begin, with the player helping the normal Octarians get to the surface and finally put a permanent end to the sanitization madness.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
It can be assumed that Agent 4 has canonly worked Salmon Run shifts before, as there are several lines of written dialogue from Callie and Marie about Salmon Run that can be used if one has played the mode. Agent 8 has also probably worked some shifts, as Salmon Run lobbies (at least mine) are usually majority octoling, and it would be cool if Nintendo recognized that. Additionally, DJ Octavio is in charge of the Octarians (or at least he used to be, ha ha!) who would trade with the Salmonids. So, what if there's a plot where the New Squidbeak Splatoon is in support of Grizzco because Four and Eight were brainwashed into following them and the big kids are too busy with other stuff to notice, meanwhile DJ Octavio wants to stop Grizzco because they steal eggs and prevent the few soldiers he has left from being able to trade with the Salmonids, so you team up with him.

I wouldn't really like that plot, but I can see Nintendo doing it.

A more interesting one would be a story where the eggs were used to build an entire robot army and the player (Agent 5?) travels across the five islands of the Great Salmonid Migration (the Salmon Run stages) to help out locals by defeating the robots and completing tasks for them. Completing tasks gives you some cash that you can eventually use to buy a boat ticket to the next island, but each island has a different currency. All the while, you're trying to investigate the mysteries Grizzco. Maybe Agent 4 can help you out every now and then? This is just an idea, but it seems cool in my head...

Emperor2308

Full Squid
If you count Marina and Pearl...........
Agent 1 : Callie , Agent 2: Marie, Agent 3, First Gen Inkling, Agent 4, Second Gen Inkling, Agent 5, Pearl ? , Agent 6 Marina ?, Agent 7, ? , Agent 8 1st Gen Octoling..........................................................
Agent 9 : Dedf1sh ( JK LMAO )

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
i feel like nintendo has gotten a good idea if they were to add anything open mic or social media (which isn't generously monitored) stuff like miiverse and miitomo which didn't have generous monitoring, they wouldn't add it because it went crazy and alot of "suggestive" stuff was plastered all over the platform and personally i don't feel like nintendo wants to be liable for a potential "bad reputation" with their horrible attempt at a console exclusive social media which when you make games for children to enjoy, it doesn't look very nice on there behalf.

contact me if you have any questions thanks

kola
I wish Miitomo was left as it was, it was glorious back in the day. I've missed Miiverse, but it looks like it was pretty similar when it comes to people posting whatever they wanted and being as edgy as possible. Still, they have official voice chat for their switch games, but it's implemented so poorly that I assume nobody uses it.

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
People should really hang up the idea of voice chat coming to solo-queue. It's never going to happen and it wouldn't make solo better. I guess for league it would be fine, but most people would still probably be using discord to communicate.

Anyways maybe I should mention something I want out of splatoon3. I've mentioned a playlist feature for music before. I would like to maybe see an achievement system maybe? Completing specific achievements could give out cash, chunks, or tickets. Harder or more obscure achievements could give you gear or even weapon skins(like the hero variants in Octo Canyon). Specific achievements could even be displayed on your character for others to see when checking out your player in the hub area.

Cephalobro

As long as none of the achievements require certain ranks, then I'm all for the idea. I have seen how ridiculous how achievement can be. Like in Minecraft, there's a hidden achievement where you have to have every single effect in the game at the same time. Point is, don't lock gear or weapon skins behind S and above. This will balance out the work that the player needs to put in to get certain achievements all the while not making getting every single one an impossible task for a player who isn't interested in competitive Splatoon. Also, I hope there aren't any achievements that require you to win like 25 games in a row, that's an impossible task with the current matchmaking system.

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
Since achievements would be tied to playing online, they would be rendered unobtainable the moment servers for Splatoon 3 go down. I'm firmly against the idea, and Nintendo doesn't really care about these to begin with, so I'm glad they won't make time-limited achievements for their games.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
About matchmaking, maybe make it less randomized and have an AI balance it by level and/or rank? And for the love of everyone, give different modes different stage rotations so we don't have to have Ancho-V games Clam Blitz but can still have it in Splatzones, or Kelp Dome in Turf War but not Tower Control. I don't play much Ranked, so there's only one stage I can say is bad in Turf War (###ing Mako Mart), but from the Ranked I play, I can say that there aren't really stages that are good in all modes or bad in all Ranked modes. Therefore, giving each mode a different rotation would be good.

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
Since maps are now the topic, I hope Moray Towers gets axed. That map is so dreadful I avoid playing the game when it's in rotation.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Well since we're on maps
I'm ready for post-apocalyptic maps!
As you all may know, I'm in LOVE with Kelp Dome. I want a version of it wear the machinery is smashed, there's vines and overgrown plants everywhere, the grates are dented, and some of the barrier giving it it's maze-like structure have been knocked down. It would look super cool, but all those obstacles might ruin the stage's appeal to brush mains, since the ground would not longer be flat and easy to run on. However, the obstacles might give it a new audience of sniper mains...

Another stage that could get a cool post-apocalyptic equivalent is... Saltspray Rig! Saltspray Rig is built entirely on top of a bunch of metal scaffolding coming out of the sea. But what it some of the scaffolding became so rusted from constantly touching water that they started to crumble and the platforms fell down in some areas, making it less even? And maybe you'd have to ride the crane thingy to be able to ink some areas that got separated from the rest of the platform? That would make is more useful, and more of an interesting stage. Maybe danger from rust was why it wasn't in Splatoon 2!

I also think it would be cool if some Salmon Run stages become Ink Sport stages. They're all super asymmetrical, and Ark Polaris simply wouldn't work for Turf War or any of the Ranked Modes, so an altered version Salmonid Smokeyard would be the only way that would work. Additionally, Smokeyard would make a good Ancho-V Games replacement (and it's my favorite Salmon Run Stage!).

Emperor2308

Full Squid
As you all may know, I'm in LOVE with Kelp Dome. I want a version of it wear the machinery is smashed, there's vines and overgrown plants everywhere, the grates are dented, and some of the barrier giving it it's maze-like structure have been knocked down. It would look super cool, but all those obstacles might ruin the stage's appeal to brush mains, since the ground would not longer be flat and easy to run on. However, the obstacles might give it a new audience of sniper mains...

Another stage that could get a cool post-apocalyptic equivalent is... Saltspray Rig! Saltspray Rig is built entirely on top of a bunch of metal scaffolding coming out of the sea. But what it some of the scaffolding became so rusted from constantly touching water that they started to crumble and the platforms fell down in some areas, making it less even? And maybe you'd have to ride the crane thingy to be able to ink some areas that got separated from the rest of the platform? That would make is more useful, and more of an interesting stage. Maybe danger from rust was why it wasn't in Splatoon 2!

I also think it would be cool if some Salmon Run stages become Ink Sport stages. They're all super asymmetrical, and Ark Polaris simply wouldn't work for Turf War or any of the Ranked Modes, so an altered version Salmonid Smokeyard would be the only way that would work. Additionally, Smokeyard would make a good Ancho-V Games replacement (and it's my favorite Salmon Run Stage!).
The thing is most Salmon Run stages aren't that big, also if you look closely very circular. Modes like Rainmaker wouldn't work on Smokeyard, maybe if they were all low tide.....................

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Honestly I would just love more PvE mode add to splatoon 3 in S1 we had zero and in S2 we only had the occasional salmon run

I would love a mode of inkling working together to clear mutliplayer puzzle set up by the ancient humans....portal style
Or a Tower defense mode with 4 or more inklings protect beacon or power eggs vs wave of robots (or robotically controlled inklings octolings, and salmonoids)

Also, make hide n seek a game mode at this point....it has been an unofficial game mode since the early days and I feel the causal community would love another mode

Competitvely, I want them to fix my ink mine, also as per usual I want creative recreations of weapons...S2 had some really cool gimmicky weapons but they also had a bunch of reskins as well, I do not mind them as much this time...but I want more weapons that can the style of how you use the item then just a reskin
-Like a .96 gal variant that is super accurate on the first shot
-Or a slosher variant that can charge to releash a dynamo like splash of ink

Emperor2308

Full Squid
We all know Dynamo is coming back, maybe a Dynamo with more mobility? It's so freaking slow when it comes to swings, maybe a quicker dynamo with less attack? It's literally overkill when you decide to murder someone with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom