• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon Brush for Paint Tool Sai (or Photoshop)?

ryuudrawsstuff

Inkling
NNID
ShinyDedenneFTW
Ah I hope this is the right place to post this in..
So basically I wanted to ask has anyone made and shared a Splatoon brush for Paint Tool Sai (or even Photoshop)?
The Splatoon art style is amazingly cool and unique and it'd be really fun to make some fanart for Splatoon in a similar style!
If anyone here has made one or wants to try and make one please let me know! I'm sure others would love it as well. :]

Here's the style I'm speaking of for reference:

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
Most of the rough details, from first glance, look almost crayon-like, so I would check there first. For the clothing and such, use whatever brush that feels fit.

kittea

Inkling
NNID
kit-tea
The brush also appears to be square.
I'm guessing they're just base color layers and then covered with the textured brush. Either way, I wish I knew how to make custom brushes because I'd love to try doing stuff in this style too.

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
Searching-for-Bananaflies has made a brush similar to the one used in official art.
This link show's it in use, and this one show's how to make it. So it should be possible to make it in Sai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom