1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Splatoon Brush for Paint Tool Sai (or Photoshop)?

Discussion in 'Original Content' started by ryuudrawsstuff, Jun 6, 2015.

1. ryuudrawsstuff

ryuudrawsstuff Inkling

NNID:
    ShinyDedenneFTW
    Ah I hope this is the right place to post this in..
    So basically I wanted to ask has anyone made and shared a Splatoon brush for Paint Tool Sai (or even Photoshop)?
    The Splatoon art style is amazingly cool and unique and it'd be really fun to make some fanart for Splatoon in a similar style!
    If anyone here has made one or wants to try and make one please let me know! I'm sure others would love it as well. :]

Here's the style I'm speaking of for reference:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Lapsy143

Lapsy143 Full Squid

NNID:
    Lapsy143
    Most of the rough details, from first glance, look almost crayon-like, so I would check there first. For the clothing and such, use whatever brush that feels fit.

3. kittea

kittea Inkling

NNID:
    kit-tea
    The brush also appears to be square.
    I'm guessing they're just base color layers and then covered with the textured brush. Either way, I wish I knew how to make custom brushes because I'd love to try doing stuff in this style too.

4. Summerlycoris

Summerlycoris Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    summerlycoris
    Searching-for-Bananaflies has made a brush similar to the one used in official art.
    This link show's it in use, and this one show's how to make it. So it should be possible to make it in Sai.