• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon Compilation of All Known Weapons and Attributes

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL STILL BE A FEW WONKY AREAS DUE TO HAVING BEING TRANSFERRED FROM THE BETA. THIS WILL BE FIXED.
Okay guys, so this is going to be the place where we can update this thread with all the weapons, sub weapons, and special weapons. That way, it is all in a single, easy to find thread. Just post the weapons, sub weapon, or special weapon in a post in this thread. Additionally, you can post a full loadout.
In order for the weapon to be posted the following must be in your post:

• An image of the weapon
  • A Name of the weapon (if given, must have proof of the name)
  • Stats of the weapon (Also if given)
  • Any additional known information, which can include small clips of gameplay footage
This post will be regularly updated as you guys post the information. This is the place for community building! So Let's Go!

Main Weapons

The Main Weapons are your primary weapons. They are the most used weapons, and determine the rest of a defaulted loadout. In addition to different main weapons, there are subcategories where weapons are grouped. Each subcategory focuses on three different statistics. The following is all the known information about each weapon. There are three spoilers that will be broken down with more information on Each weapon. The three categories are grouped on Charged-Based weapons, Shot-Based weapons, and Roller weapons. These are grouped based on both characteristics and comparable stats.
Shot Based Weapons

Name: Splattershot
Stats:
Video footage:
Additional Information:

Name: Splatershot Jr.

Stats:

Video Footage:

Additional Information:
  • Rapid fire weapon
  • Spreads Ink quickly
  • Not as powerful as other weapons
  • Efficiently Splatters at close-mid range
  • Consumes less ink than other weapons

Name: Blaster
Stats:
Video Footage:
Additional Notes:
  • Good for corner scouting
[/spoiler]

Name: Splat Roller
Stats:
Video footage:
Additional Information:
  • Excellent at laying down Ink
  • Close-Range Weapon
  • Has a Projectile attack (Medium Size)
  • Does not excel at Inking walls
Charge-based Weapons
These are relatively self-explanatory although it does depend on the variant in use. Thanks in part to this categories superior range, users can often blast ink from a safe distance. Versions that sacrifice range make up for it through improvements in the inkling’s mobility and a reduction in the charge time. Basically, the greater the range, the more difficult it becomes to rectify an error or react when directly pressured. One must choose between longer range and adaptability on the two ends of this categories spectrum.

Due to its slow firing rate of this weapon’s base mechanic, users are encouraged to avoid direct head to head confrontations. Whenever ones space is encroached upon, they’re usually better off fleeing using ink paths and the squid form or when given enough warning, the Super Jump in order to escape the majority of the time. Pay attention to where enemy ink is appearing on the map relative to your current location. Is there a clear trail or one newly forming leading toward you? React accordingly. Chargers more than any other category of weapon are the least capable of dealing with medium to close range combat situations.

You want to avoid situations like whenever possible. As such, Hit and Run is a good rule of thumb to follow when using chargers. Like all other weapons, you leave a clearly obvious “trail of ink” in your wake so to speak each time you fire. Not only that, but the laser aiming sight that appears the moment you begin charging your shot is clearly visible not only to your teammates, but to all enemy inklings as well. Both do plenty to give away your position which is why it’s imperative you put plenty of forethought into every charge you make and pay strict attention to your surroundings at all times. A calm mind with solid situational awareness go a long way when using chargers.

Name: Splat Charger
Stats:
Video Footage:
Additional Information:
  • Fire rate depends on length of charge
  • Long-ranged weapon
  • Creates straight path when fully charged
  • Can be charged to deal more damage and a longer ink trail
  • Great for inking up walls
Classic Squiffer

Name: Classic Squiffer
Stats:
Video Footage:
Notes:

This close range weapon has a quick charge and wide area, but lacks the range that the Splat Charger has. As such, Quick Squiffer users will want to be on the move, and take advantage of corners, hallways, and choke points to score Splatters.

Players using this weapon can also provide backup for a retreating Splat Charger teammate.
Sub Weapons

The Sub Weapons are all grenade-based. They take a portion of the ink tank to launch a projectile of ink. They are powerful and kill inklings easily. These cannot be picked, but are chosen depending on the Main Weapon that is picked. The following is all the known information on Sub Weapons.

Special Weapons

The Special Weapon is a super weapon that shoots an extreme amount of ink in an area. In order to use the Special Weapon, an ink gauge must be filled by using the other weapons. Like the Sub Weapons, the Special Weapons cannot be chosen, but the type of weapon relies on what Main Weapon is picked. The following is all the known information on Special Weapons.

Bubbler

Name: Bubbler
Video Footage:
The Bubbler creates a barrier around your Inkling that protects you from all damage for a limited amount of time. This greatly enhances the Splattershot Jr's (one of the weapons it is paired with) offensive potential, as now the quick-firing weapon can now swarm in on enemies controlling a point, perhaps leading the team in a surprising push towards the objective, or to regain territory during a congested firefight.

However, the most interesting thing about the Bubbler isn't just that it protects the player that activates it. Along with yourself, any of your teammates that comes in contact with you gains the Bubbler ability as well. This means that players who have this special weapon equipped will want to alert their teammates when the Bubbler is ready. Now, your entire team can push for the objective after activation of the Bubbler. With each of your teammates granted invincibility for a short amount of time, enemies can easily be overwhelmed by your team's aggression and quick ink coverage.

Therefore, it's crucial that Splattershot Jr's take advantage of the weapon's rapid fire-rate and wide ink coverage to charge up the Special meter. Communication is key to utilize the Bubbler to its highest potential, as this weapon can definitely turn the tides of battle.

Known Loadouts
  • Ink brush, sprinkler, ink strike.
  • Splattershot jr, splat bomb, bubbler
  • Splat roller, suction Bomb, killer wail
  • Splat charger, splat Bomb, bomb rush

Last edited:

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
Glad to see this thread back up!

Some additions;

Here's a couple of confirmed load outs:
Ink brush, sprinkler, ink strike.
Splattershot jr, splat bomb, bubbler
Splat roller, suction Bomb, killer wail
Splat charger, splat Bomb, bomb rush

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
This is a very nice list! It's super in-depth and everything. Good job on this thread and good luck with the rest of the list. :D

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Thanks! Although it is far from compelte! I cannot wait for people to begin to add in their own addition! You can help as well!

BTW, @Xeiros and I believe @jp4464 were the two that have really helped with this.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
Thanks! Although it is far from compelte! I cannot wait for people to begin to add in their own addition! You can help as well!

BTW, @Xeiros and I believe @jp4464 were the two that have really helped with this.
Glad to help!

I don't think we have a section for the Classic Squiffer yet, one of the newly announced charger weapons:

Proof of name: Acquired from the official Splatoon Tumblr
Stats: will be updated when game comes out
Gameplay:

Notes:

This close range weapon has a quick charge and wide area, but lacks the range that the Splat Charger has. As such, Quick Squiffer users will want to be on the move, and take advantage of corners, hallways, and choke points to score Splatters.

Players using this weapon can also provide backup for a retreating Splat Charger teammate.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Awesome! Thanks! I will update it when I can.

As of now, I have tried to spruce up the OP. If you guys want anything changed, please let me know.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Classic Squiffer looks amazing and judging by the video, it will probably be one of weapons of choice.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Also, can someone please explain why my spoilers split, even though I code them into a single spoiler? Can only so much data be in a certain spoiler?

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Okay, so I updated i a bit more. I also contacted Warchamp about the Spoiler issue and asked for alternatives.
Don'
t be afraid to add more guys! Remember, this is great for community bulding!

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Weapon: Blaster
Type: Shot? (not really sure. may develop into its own type, as there could be variants later on. the official tumblr does say that it shoots "special ink rounds that burst like fireworks".)

Image:

Gameplay:

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
So wait, that is a main weapon then? I didn't know if that was main or special. If anyone could confirm this, I will add it asap. :)

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
I figured it was a main weapon, but I know the same footage has also led others to believe it to be a special weapon (since we do not know if we can preview special weapons or not). Don't take offense to it, I just want to be sure. :)

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I didn't take offense, I was just saying it's pretty obvious that's a main weapon XD

If it were a special, the clip would have been much shorter, as specials only have one main function and don't last long. Also, there aren't any "previews" of the special weapons on the US tumblr.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
I didn't take offense, I was just saying it's pretty obvious that's a main weapon XD

If it were a special, the clip would have been much shorter, as specials only have one main function and don't last long. Also, there aren't any "previews" of the special weapons on the US tumblr.
... I know. But A) that doesn't mean that they can't show them off and B) I simply asked for a confirmation due to trying to bring others together here with this thread.
Anyway, I added iT to the main page. Thanks for your cooperation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom