• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Cosplay Thread

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
So I didn't see this (I actually used the search) so I was wondering if there are any Splatoon cosplayers on here?
I would assume so..

Personally I don't have my cosplay done yet, but I know what Gear I'll be using in my cosplays as well as what colors and Weapons.
Right now, I have the drawing done to be my template for a Splash-o-Matic, but I will also be making multiple weapons and making tutorials of them on my YouTube channel.
The ones I plan on making are:
-Splash-o-Matic:
-Splat Charger
-Splat Bomb
-Killer Wail
-Inkzooka
-Inkstrike with that launching device they hold.

Should be fun!
Also, sorry if this in the wrong place..If it is, and is able to be moved, that's fine.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Thought about it often! But have yet to take even the first step into any serious effort into it.

Any advice and experience is welcome. =)

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
Thought about it often! But have yet to take even the first step into any serious effort into it.

Any advice and experience is welcome. =)
Do you know what gear and weapons you want to use in your cosplay? The good thing is most of the gear is able to be made fairly easy..Teh shirts are just typical shirts with something on them..Go to any place that makes custom shirts and there ya go, The headgear, a lot of it, like the hat your avatar is wearing (which is my second fav headgear) is just a red and white trucker hat with something on the front..you can get a red and white had, then paint the logo thingy on it.
The shoes are mostly real shoes we all have..in fact, I think the only ones you'd need to modify are these :shoes_shi000:because they have that squid image on them.

The weapons are where it gets tricky. Even worse if you've never made one. That's where my tutorials will come in handy, but the bad part is you'd have to wait for them to come out, which is whenever I can get ahold of all the materials.

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
I would like to, but I have the whole gear, weapon, and tentacle problem :p
You mean that you don't know how to make them? The good thing is that you can get the tentacle head piece thing on ebay and etsy. There's a guy I'm gonna have make mine, he uses foam and makes them look a lot more accurate, while the ones usually for sale are fleece. And like I told ansible above there, most of the gear is actual clothing you can buy and just add the logos to.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I'm interested in the Etsy guy making tentacles. Though I would also learn how to make my own. Especially if I can make different tentacle "hairstyles." Otherwise, with much temporary dye, I can probably pull off a curly haired version of Spyke or Annie pretty easily. (Fake British accent notwithstanding.)

Clothes I figure are pretty easy. And I don't think I'll go too elaborate with slot badges. I'm more concerned with props like weapons and "hair". Weapon-wise, my crafting goal would be a brush or roller, though I'm willing to settle for buying a bucket and modding it into a slosher.

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
I'm interested in the Etsy guy making tentacles. Though I would also learn how to make my own. Especially if I can make different tentacle "hairstyles." Otherwise, with much temporary dye, I can probably pull off a curly haired version of Spyke or Annie pretty easily. (Fake British accent notwithstanding.)

Clothes I figure are pretty easy. And I don't think I'll go too elaborate with slot badges. I'm more concerned with props like weapons and "hair". Weapon-wise, my crafting goal would be a brush or roller, though I'm willing to settle for buying a bucket and modding it into a slosher.
The Etsy Guy? You mean the guy I mentioned? If so, he's not on etsy, he's on facebook, but I thought I'd mention him since it's who's doing mine. Anyway, slot badges? Like badges showing what abilities you have? Do they do that in the game? If so I never noticed..We had an Annie cosplayer at a local con a few weekends ago, and she looked awesome!
I think the normal Splato Roller andthe Krak-On Splat Roller will be the easiest props to make since They are both literally just PVC pipe with elbow connectors, and a pool noodle basically, then the ink holder and handle. There was a cosplayer I saw on google images (search Splatoon cosplay, she'll show up) and she has a Brush and the Hero headset (that's how you know which cosplayer it is) and her tumblr is where I got the link for the dude that makes the foam head piece.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
The Etsy Guy? You mean the guy I mentioned? If so, he's not on etsy, he's on facebook, but I thought I'd mention him since it's who's doing mine. Anyway, slot badges? Like badges showing what abilities you have? Do they do that in the game? If so I never noticed..We had an Annie cosplayer at a local con a few weekends ago, and she looked awesome!
I think the normal Splato Roller andthe Krak-On Splat Roller will be the easiest props to make since They are both literally just PVC pipe with elbow connectors, and a pool noodle basically, then the ink holder and handle. There was a cosplayer I saw on google images (search Splatoon cosplay, she'll show up) and she has a Brush and the Hero headset (that's how you know which cosplayer it is) and her tumblr is where I got the link for the dude that makes the foam head piece.
Much appreciated! When in a match, the main ability slots show up in the upper right corner.

Once I stop being lazy and get to work, I'll actually do something. At the moment, not entirely for cosplay, I'm thinking of how to make a super sea snail looking coin purse somehow.

I swear I see this user everywhere
So what you're saying is you think about me a lot? That's adorably sweet of you! =p

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
Much appreciated! When in a match, the main ability slots show up in the upper right corner.

Once I stop being lazy and get to work, I'll actually do something. At the moment, not entirely for cosplay, I'm thinking of how to make a super sea snail looking coin purse somehow.
Oh ok, I thought you meant because some of the clothing actually DOES have pins..I have no idea what the pins are on the ones that have them, but one cosplayer made some to go on the beanie that has the puff ball on the top, because that one has buttons, so they made buttons of their abilities and pinned them on for their cosplay. For all I know, it COULD be your abilities that show up on the buttons that some clothing has..lol Idk..
The coin purse idea is fantastic and I say do it!
So what you're saying is you think about me a lot? That's adorably sweet of you! =p
This is just funny..Idk why..It just is..lol

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
AJ went out for halloween in his ultra rad inkling get up. In my sisters neighborhood a couple of kids knew who he was and a couple of people told them it was their fav cuz it was so original...meanwhile AJs cousin won the contest with his gumball machine (which was full of regret, he hadnt factored mobility into it, very important when trick or treating)

IF youre gonna resurrect a dead thread Halloween seems as appropriate as any:
Victory pose

Splatling and gumball machine

Forgotten Lands

Inkling
NNID
MrSaturn012
Switch Friend Code
SW-4386-3007-1327
So I've never done a Splatoon cosplay before (I've done others), but I feel it would be the best thing to do for me since I really just want an excuse to make and wear the clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom