• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Direct Leak?

Is the 'leak' real or fake?

• Fake

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • Some of it could be real

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • True

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gunster25

Pro Squid
As some of you may have heard there has been as predicted a 'leak' of what is going to be revealed at the Splatoon Direct, I've listed what has been 'leaked' below:

-amiibo: even more amiibo than the dedicated Splatoon amiibo will be compatible with the game. You can get additional equipment from them. If you touch a Mario amiibo to the Wii U Gamepad, you can unlock a Mario cap.

-2D Arcade shooter mode revealed: In this mode you can play a 2D shooter game, in which it is your mission to defeat as many enimies as possible in the time limit.

-A bunch of new stages got shown: There will be set of Super Mario Sunshine based stages like Delfino Plaza, Porto d’Oro or Monte Bianco.

-Battle Dojo will be also playable online.

-Team Deathmatch mode announced.

-campaign will be playable in different difficulty levels. Campaign features 28 levels with a total playtime of around 14h.

-if you mastered the campaign on hard difficulty, you’ll unlock Extra Hard mode: One hit, instant death.

-Tournament mode announced: In this mode you can participate in monthly tournaments hosted by Nintendo or by other players.

-Special promotion announced: If purchase the game on Nintendo eshop before July 31st, you can recieve a free download code for 1 out of 5 possible games. These games are:
-Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
-Hyrule Warriors
-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
-Pikmin 3
-Super Mario 3D World

-The development team plans to release additional Downloadable content in the future. Nintendo plans to give us more information in the future.
First DLC shown: Stage Pack 1
Contains 5 new stages based on famous Nintendo franchises. These are:
-Super Mario Bros.
-Pikmin
-Animal Crossing
-Donkey Kong Country
-Kirby

-Demo Version will be available on the Wii U eshop shortly after the presentation:
(1 Stage online, 1 stage Batlle Dojo, First Campaign level)

Is this real or fake?

Nap1400

Inkling
NNID
Nap1400
This "leak" was from the same guy that "leaked" the stuff from the April 1st Direct, and that was similarly bogus. Sorry, but no, this is fake.

Gunster25

Pro Squid
This "leak" was from the same guy that "leaked" the stuff from the April 1st Direct, and that was similarly bogus. Sorry, but no, this is fake.
I agree that this is fake but some of It could actually be true, sometimes it isn't very difficult to guess what Nintendo are going to do so this person may have actually guessed one or two things correctly.

Sarlacc

Inkling
NNID
Sarlacc98
Parts of this I really hope aren't true. I really don't want the DLC or the Mario stages. I want Nintendo to create new unique stages not rely on previous IP.

I really hope the tournament is true and the promotion. I would love to get 3d world.

There have been so many leaks about Nintendo lately that it's hard to tell if anything is real or fake now. We will find out Thursday

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I want that demo to be true.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
If the source isn't repudiate then this isn't much of a leak, this guys guesses are as good as yours or mine.

While amiibo support would be cool, I feel having so many amiibo perks would cause a huge divide between people who have Amiibos and those who don't. If Splatoon has amiibo exclusive outfits they should be just as good or bad as any other clothes or even just be skins that go over other clothes like how Amiibos function in MK8.

Also I really doubt we're getting an announcement of DLC before the game even comes out, even less likely for crossovers in a game where the universe is new and can still be expanded without having to bring another series into it.

This whole list can be filed under "kinda cool" but I hope Nintendo would make smarter choices than this

TL; dr fake list and only maybe 2 of these things could actually happen, like the demo.

Geistbox

Full Squid
I want that demo to be true.
Good chance that there will be one considering the Direct is held at a Thursday afternoon (EU) which about falls in line with the timeframe for the eShop update. TW101 had a similar time frame of the day for its Direct when the demo was confirmed to be put up an hour after the fact, though that was on a Friday while eShop updates usually on Thursday.

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
I'm definitely in agreement that I hope we won't be seeing Mario themed stages for DLC or other Nintendo themed stages. I feel like I want to see this game excel on its own without Nintendo doing what Nintendo usually does. That's fine in something like Mario Kart, but it would just feel awkward in this game.

I think Splatoon has what it takes to just be its own unique thing and become a well loved new title for Nintendo without having to force Mario, Link, Samus and their other icons into the game awkwardly.

There are some things on that list that I do like, but it's more than likely fake. :rolleyes:

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
I still want that Delfino Plaza stage, I just want that.....

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
The free download code is waay too generous for ninty.
They did it for Mario Kart 8. Thats how I got Pikmin 3. They also did a Pokemon X/Y giveaway if you bought one of their newer games.

Unessential

Full Squid
They did it for Mario Kart 8. Thats how I got Pikmin 3. They also did a Pokemon X/Y giveaway if you bought one of their newer games.
Really? I *might* have gotten mario kart 8 if i knew that.

I was (and still am) really hesitant about getting MK8 because I haven't liked a mario kart game since the SNES game. But I've been considering getting mk8 because it's so damn popular.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Only Mario content I need are Bloopers.

Lozjam

Inkster Jr.
-Special promotion announced: If purchase the game on Nintendo eshop before July 31st, you can recieve a free download code for 1 out of 5 possible games. These games are:
-Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
-Hyrule Warriors
-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
-Pikmin 3
-Super Mario 3D World
Sigh....
I have all of those games, if it is true of course.
I think this is all very plausible, this same guy got a ton of stuff right about the last direct.
I especially want that demo.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
regardless of whether or not you think this leak is right or not, remember that NO nintendo direct "leak" has ever been fully true

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I have no idea. I hadn't even heard about this, honestly. I'm sure if any of it is real it may be a coincidence but I can't really guess.

Zeltar

Inkling
NNID
zeltar
Last time a surprising amount of his fake leak rang true, so hopefully he will save us again with these amazing predictions.

Reactions: Lyn

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Last time a surprising amount of his fake leak rang true, so hopefully he will save us again with these amazing predictions.
Hey...don't l know you...?

Anyway, if you guess a lot of stuff then yeah, you're gonna get something right. Remember the Gematsu Smash Roster leak and how he got mostly everything right but Chrom and Shulk's time of reveal?
And after that Rayman incident, I take 100% of every leak with a grain of salt and a whole platter of skepticism.

Reactions: Lyn

Zeltar

Inkling
NNID
zeltar
Hey...don't l know you...?

Anyway, if you guess a lot of stuff then yeah, you're gonna get something right. Remember the Gematsu Smash Roster leak and how he got mostly everything right but Chrom and Shulk's time of reveal?
And after that Rayman incident, I take 100% of every leak with a grain of salt and a whole platter of skepticism.
You sure do friend! That aside, I definitely agree, but there is a lot of this that I kinda want to believe because it sounds like something I'd desperately want OTL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom