• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon DLC

If Splatoon had DLC, what would you want it to be of?

• Maps!

Votes: 74 75.5%
  • Outfits!

Votes: 69 70.4%
  • Weapons!

Votes: 60 61.2%
  • I don't want DLC at all!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other;

Votes: 21 21.4%

• Total voters

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I think it would be very neat if they had DLC for Splatoon! They could have extra maps or weapons, outfits etc;. What do you all think of that? I'd totally buy it! Nintendo has been really good about DLC lately so I wouldn't be too worried about it messing with the game.

Does anyone else like the idea of having extra content for Splatoon as DLC later? What would a reasonable price for said DLC be?

I for one, would totally love additional maps or costumes! Weapons could disrupt balance, but who knows. :)

EDIT: DLC Confirmed, Thanks @Flying_Tortoise [Source]

Last edited:

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I would like a 2 pack like Mario Kart 8 same price. I would love some new outfits and maps. Really hoping they could work out a deal with SEGA for JSR content and music the composer said this game is his dream project.

Lyn

Premium
I would like a 2 pack like Mario Kart 8 same price. I would love some new outfits and maps. Really hoping they could work out a deal with SEGA for JSR content and music the composer said this game is his dream project.
That would be great! I definitely agree.

Undr

This is likely what would happen. Add a little bit of everything without disrupting the balance of the game. Though I suspect they'd crossover some Nintendo IPs before doing anything JSR related. Which is sad honestly.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
This is likely what would happen. Add a little bit of everything without disrupting the balance of the game. Though I suspect they'd crossover some Nintendo IPs before doing anything JSR related. Which is sad honestly.
Yeah I expect sunshine related content but you never know they have been doing alot of collabs and sega has become less strict these days with cameos and dlc.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
Since the Dev's said they'll be support the game post-release, I'd really be interested in some themed- content.

Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. would all be interesting add-on's to the game.

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
How would FLUDD even work? FLUDD would clean the ink but that doesn't really fit into the premise of capturing territory as clear water isn't a color. I suppose it could be a weapon or class that is great at getting rid of ink and using hover nozzle to get to places but can't capture territory.

Xon Suprimes

Senior Squid
Well, I suppose it would basically push away opponents while not inflicting damage (like in Sm4sh), and you can charge it up and such. It could also just be a special weapon with a tripod of some sort to hold it up.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I think it would be very neat if they had DLC for Splatoon! They could have extra maps or weapons, outfits etc;. What do you all think of that? I'd totally buy it! Nintendo has been really good about DLC lately so I wouldn't be too worried about it messing with the game.

Does anyone else like the idea of having extra content for Splatoon as DLC later? What would a reasonable price for said DLC be?

I for one, would totally love additional maps or costumes! Weapons could disrupt balance, but who knows. :)
Yah I wouldn't want DLC weapons. FPS games that have that are so boring

I'd like FLUDD DLC for Splatoon just as a little nod to Sunshine.

Have Bowser or Bowser Jr's Amiibo unlock the Paintbrush.

An idea I've had is; say scanning the Mega Man Amiibo (Now that Mega Man is compatible with Mario Kart 8 I see no reason why he can't be for Splatoon)
You'd get either a Mega Man costume or his Mega Buster, which can fire 3-4 ink shots and can be charged up to fire a bigger ink shot.

Lyn

Premium

An idea I've had is; say scanning the Mega Man Amiibo (Now that Mega Man is compatible with Mario Kart 8 I see no reason why he can't be for Splatoon)
You'd get either a Mega Man costume or his Mega Buster, which can fire 3-4 ink shots and can be charged up to fire a bigger ink shot.
That would be neat! I'm not so sure about the Mega Man thing, though.

wolfiexvii

Inkster Jr.

I like the idea of amiibos unlocking character-centric weapons
ala Hyrule Warriors

Reactions: Lyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom