• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon: Hero Mode is haunted?

Neon the squid

Inkster Jr.
If you go into any boss and listen carefully, you can hear very disturbing sounds. Try turning up your volume and listen to it when you can get the zapfish. You can hear crashes, screams and suffering. The even scarier part is, that Nintendo didn't put this in. (I saw this in a YouTube comment.)
People speculate that Octo Valley is breaking down, but why is there the screams? Why would there be something there every single level?
Another theory says that there are humans being tortured. But why would be tortured for no reason?
Comment down what you think.

DynamoCamostar34

Full Squid
NNID
Rhythmkoopa34
I read someone's theory and they talk about how the Octarians are trying to escape on trains, but without power the rails break and they scream to their death.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
lol this again? xD
Remember how only the great zapfish is said to have been stolen?

It is the cries of the dead octarians that died due to lack of power that you caused, crying out endlessly in the dark, re-enacting their final moments to haunt the agent responsible.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
While this is old news, it's definitely something interesting to think about. Why exactly are those sounds there? That we may never know for sure.

(Am I the only one here who enjoys listening to those sounds?)

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
lol this again? xD
Remember how only the great zapfish is said to have been stolen?

It is the cries of the dead octarians that died due to lack of power that you caused, crying out endlessly in the dark, re-enacting their final moments to haunt the agent responsible.
Well, they were also using the Zapfishes to power their superweapons. You wouldn't leave a gas tank for your enemy to use on their stranded car if they also happen to carry a flame thrower, would you? :confused:

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I do find the noises pretty neat. I always just ascribed them to creepy cave echoes and the like. As to their implementation in the game:
Inkipedia said:
Boss battles feature a quiet but startling mechanical ambiance, accompanied with screeches and moans that sound similar to Zapfish cries. This usually cannot be heard due to music and sound effects during gameplay, but is easy to listen to before and after battles. The source of these eerie noises is unknown. When asked about the noises, Splatoon director Tsubasa Sakaguchi responded, “It's the first time I've heard this! I was the one who was in charge of the mechanics and the effects for the final boss. Towards the end, though, I was running out of time so I was asking the staff around me to do things for me - like the staff credits and many other things. Maybe it's a curse from those other staff. The final boss was one of the last things that we were working on. We were all high on adrenaline. Maybe there's some element of that in there, of that energy in there. Once I go back to Japan, I'll play it and have a look."

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, they were also using the Zapfishes to power their superweapons. You wouldn't leave a gas tank for your enemy to use on their stranded car if they also happen to carry a flame thrower, would you? :confused:

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Also, I think it's that particular dome collapsing after you grab the final Zapfish powering the dome.
The sounds? They're playing all the time in the room - before you activate the boss, during the fight (though it's not audible) and after it, before you get the Zapfish. But I do agree that they could be interpreted as creaking support rods and stuff.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
The sounds? They're playing all the time in the room - before you activate the boss, during the fight (though it's not audible) and after it, before you get the Zapfish. But I do agree that they could be interpreted as creaking support rods and stuff.
I only heard that they play after. But yeah, it could still be the same as the dome technically has no more Zapfish (the last one technically is being used by the Great Octoweapon and it's being too noisy for you to notice

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Kind of an old find, yeah. Don't really find it unusual, it's probably just ambience sounds that under normal play get drowned out by the soundtrack.

Still find it wierd why people are so up in arms about this tiny piece of detail yet nobody gives a toss about the Splatfest easter egg in Alfonsino.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
If you play on Alfonsino during nighttime and you stand close to the statues, you'll occasionally hear someone laughing:

There was a thread about it but pretty much everyone ignored it. The sound itself is easy to miss outside recon mode.
It's not going to be easy confirming this now w/o hacking, but i tried it out when Splatfest was still active on Alfonsino and i heard it too. Likewise, i tried it again when it was daytime and i didn't hear it anymore.

DynamoCamostar34

Full Squid
NNID
Rhythmkoopa34
If you play on Alfonsino during nighttime and you stand close to the statues, you'll occasionally hear someone laughing:

There was a thread about it but pretty much everyone ignored it. The sound itself is easy to miss outside recon mode.
It's not going to be easy confirming this now w/o hacking, but i tried it out when Splatfest was still active on Alfonsino and i heard it too. Likewise, i tried it again when it was daytime and i didn't hear it anymore.
image.jpeg

OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAD

Neon the squid

Inkster Jr.
I just realized but the crying couldn't be because of the trains. If the trains stopped working, wouldn't just sit there on the rail?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom