• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

SPLATOON MANGA IN THE WORKS!!!

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
Manga often times get made into anime. That can only mean one thing.
Splatoon anime (If good) will = more anime for Nintendo to make.
PLS make Smash anime.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm certainly excited for this. Even if it most likely won't come to America.

Anyway, the manga seems to be based on a normal typical turf war day through the inklings perspective. An interesting concept.

Leigh

Inkster Jr.
Manga often times get made into anime. That can only mean one thing.
Splatoon anime (If good) will = more anime for Nintendo to make.
PLS make Smash anime.
They've made quite a few LoZ manga and there's no anime adaptation.
I personally wouldn't get my hopes too high.

That being said I could potentially see Splatoon be easier to make an anime adaptation of.
Only time will tell, I suppose.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Honestly, we will never get an anime based off of Splatoon. LoZ had a manga, Metroid has had a manga, and yet, we still don't have anime. It would cost Nintendo too much honestly, and I don't see how you could make a good anime for Splatoon anyways.

Deku

Senior Squid
NNID
Rolandd
I think it's just a one shot (one chapter). Judging from the art style and the way they've been marketing the game, it's probably meant for a younger audience. It'll probably be filled with puns and slapstick humor to promote the game. If they went full on with a cool story and characters, that'd be awesome (or if they got the guy from squid girl).

Geistbox

Full Squid
Unless I'm mistaken this is a one-shot for the May issue of CoroCoro, so it's probably not going to be an ongoing thing or something that'll even be released in the West. It's a shame, it looks good and well drawn. If anything it's a good indicative over Nintendo pushing the game for all it's worth. Though I will say even though the art looks great I'm surprised they didn't get Masahiro Anbe to draw it.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The artstyle seems similar to the Super Mario-kun Manga series. So I expect it is done by the same artist. Also like that, I don't expect an anime.

Maybe just some short film but that is still stretching it.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Oh, cool! This seems really awesome. :D

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
Oh man, that looks so cool. It better come out in America or I might have to...read it online.

Puffy

Senior Squid
NNID
Annakittykat
This literally looks amazing! I've actually only read a few mangas, but this definitely has to be on the list. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom