• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon News Will Be Announced On June 9th Will “Shake The World”

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/10115
A credible leaker has recently posted about Splatoon 2 news that will be announced on June 9th, that will “Shake The World”. Talk about your predictions here. Also this image has been happily provided.

Here are my thoughts:
What it could be:
-A Nintendo Direct
-More news about Octo Expansion
-Small Trailer revealing new content
-Teaser for E3
-Playable toad?

What I don’t think it will be:
-Octo Expansion Release Date/Announcing the Release Date
-Toad vs. Octo Samurai Splatfest
-The v3.1 update

Write your thoughts below, I uploaded the teaser as the thumbnail

Attachments

Spoopz

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0778-7448-8093
I mean nintendo has been recently listening to their fans
- the octo expansion
- camp triggerfish, piranha pit

so it might be something else fans have been begging for.

X-tian

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7901-4750-2516
A battle royal mode....PLEASE NINTENDO!!!!!

the

Inkling Commander
I thought this rumor was debunked as fake? I wouldn’t get excited for anything until E3

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I thought this rumor was debunked as fake? I wouldn’t get excited for anything until E3
I'm not sure, but from what heard the article telling us about it sited the wrong comic, I think Famitsu, which was wrong. BUT, CoroCoro was the comic that made this announcement.

If it is indeed true, I'm not really expecting too much from it. I heard a rumor it might be something like IRL Splatoon clothing or something. It's from CoroCoro, so I wouldn't expect them to announce anything huge ingame wise.

Reactions: the

Cephalobro

What if they announce something related to Octo Expansion? This could actually be used to free up some spots for their E3 Direct and allow more time for Smash to be shown.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Still can't wrap my head around this news even after it's been confirmed that something will be announced 3 days from now. They already have the expansion on the horizon, so what else will be revealed?

The only thing that springs to mind is a Off the Hook world tour which would tie in nicely with the "shock the world" wording. Or that mysterious new ranked mode or whatever. I guess we'll find out in a few days.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I hope it's not that new game mode rumor that's been going around. Someone on twitter posted a video leak of the concept, and I'm not pleased. I'll say it looks better than Clam Blitz though.....but I still hope it's only a rumor. Another game mode just means less Splat Zones. It already gets shafted enough as it is. If they add another ranked mode, we'll never see Splat Zones in rotation.

I actually wouldn't mind IRL splatoon clothing.
You can catch some people at LANS and conventions wearing hats and sweatshirts from the game. I don't know if they ordered them from speciality online stores or not. I'm sure someone on Etsy has Splatoon clothing you can purchase. Etsy has almost everything.

Cephalobro

I just hope they have something about Octo Expansion, we are in need of more Octoling hairstyles. I just hope they make hairstyles based off enemy Octarians and before anyone makes a claim that bulky hairstyles are unfit for various headgears, remember the afro.

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
We know one thing about the news in June 9th, they will release undercover-themed gear.
I’m pretty sure that the gear isn’t the whole deal. The goggles as part of the set are jet black versions of those worn by the main character of the Splatoon manga series.

Let me just call it now that there’s going to be some James Bond style Splatoon anime dropping soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom