• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon OC Center!

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
You can post your Splatoon OC ideas here! Go ahead, I don't bite. So far I've got...

Inklings:
Shizue Miumi
Joy Finwick
Yumena Yuu
Daniel Wood
Rachel Maki
Lian-Hua Fen

Octolings:
Lana and Noah Pond
Rebekah Sasaki
Zero (sanitized) (real name unknown)

Other:
Hope (sea angel)
Cherry (sea anemone)
Luna (moon jelly)
Isaac (sea urchin...and probably a real challenge to draw XD)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

I made a variety of OCs to fit into my story, so I'm just going to list them. Note that one of them doesn't have a name yet and I want to keep OCs names being something that comes from the sea or underwater.

My OCs:
Coral, Kelp, Shark (Octolings)
Clam (Octotrooper)
Kelp's sister (Octobomber)
General Anemone (Octohurler)

Updating their appearances when I have the time.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
(Anemone is an Octohurler? I thought he was an Octobomber and envisioned him as such. Ah well. At least I know the basics of what he looks like now that I've played a bit of Spla2n.)

Cephalobro

Update on my characters' appearances, going to include the stuff from the character sheet as well:

Coral and Kelp are sorts of yin and yang in terms of appearance and weapon preferences, but they have identical skin tones. Coral wears a White Anchor Tee and the long leggings version of the Inkling Boy's Splatoon 1 shorts from Splatoon 2 and he tends to wield weapons from the shooter class but mostly his Octo Shot. Kelp wears a Black Anchor Tee and the shorts that the Splatoon 1 Inkling girls wear, she tends to use weapons that are close ranged, but she uses her Carbon Roller the most. Coral has two of his tentacles tied up into a topknot similar to the Splatoon 1 Inkling Boy while Kelp's tentacles are longer and free-flowing, the length reaching past her shoulders.

Clam is Coral's older brother, the two were born in different ways, Clam was the strongest tentacle that was cut from his father two years before Coral hatched from an Octoling egg laid by his mother.

Kelp's sister is part of the Splat Bomb support group, she is often very accurate on where she shoots out Splat Bombs

Shark is an Elite Octoling who is part of the male-only elite group known as the Octospartans, he is the most skilled sniper of the army, the other members often calling him "The Supersonic Eye". The reason why he is called that is because he can splat even the fastest of enemies in just one shot. His tentacles are arranged like a great white shark's fins. He is often seen wearing a bandana similar to the Skull Bandana, but with shark teeth printed on it instead.

General Anemone has a scar over his left eye, which came from the last time he engaged DJ Octavio in tentacle-to-tentacle combat.

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Okay, here I go...

Inklings:
Joy is a bit petite, around 5'2" in height. Shizue is taller, around 5'8". Joy is also a bit chubbier/curvier and more pear-shaped than her friend, while Shizue is a bit of a beanpole. :p Other than that, just go by my avatar for Joy. :p Shizue has short, violet tentacles; cut in a similar way to the sixth Inkling Girl hairstyle. Joy is cheery, playful and optimistic yet fearful; Shizue is more calm but sarcastic and easily annoyed. Joy speaks with a ****ney/Estuary accent.

Lian is even shorter, around 4'11" or so, and has the sixth Inkling girl hairstyle as it is. She is very shy and not very expressive; some even believe she is mute. She has slightly tan skin, indigo ink, and brown eyes. She is petite and very thin in physique.

Daniel is also a bit short, around 5'6", with the bowl cut hairstyle, seafoam-green ink, and green eyes. He has light, rosy skin. He is somewhat impatient, and doesn't trust Octarians, though he will work with them if need be. Despite his irritable personality, he is loyal and dependable.

Yumena is average height and slim, with tan-ish skin and white hair with teal tips. Has a bit of a mint theme, as well as an Asian-inspired aesthetic. Usually has her hair up in a bun; when it's down, it's worn straight. Likes to wear green, teal, light blue, or seafoam green with white to accentuate her minty aesthetic.

Rachel is average height and kinda lanky, with the lightest skin tone and her hair down in the default style. Cyan ink, cyan eyes. Likes to wear Splash Mob attire. Friendly; likes it when people "booyah back." As one of the codename "Agent 3" agents, she is dedicated and tries to have fun with her missions.

I call Agent 3 Samantha or Samuel, depending on gender.

I call Agent 4 Jenny or Jamie, depending on gender.

Octolings:

Lana is petite and somewhat curvy, a little baby-faced/chubby-cheeked, with salmon-pink ink and the lightest skin tone. Hair has side-bangs and a bun on the left side. Likes to wear sweaters and LS's, finds glasses to be cute as well despite having good vision. Curious about the surface world, sweet, a little shy, cares about family. Has trouble with Inkling and often speaks in awkward, broken sentences. Interested in video games, art, music, and fashion. Regrets what she did in Octo Valley and often tries to forget. A little clumsy, not used to Inkling culture, though she does well in Turf Wars due to her past as an Octoling soldier. Traveled via the Deep-Sea Metro after Tartar's defeat.

Noah is also a bit petite and kind of skinny, with magenta ink and hair in three parts in the front. He is polite and respectful, but very shy; he is a bit more confident in his Inkling skills than Lana, though. He is knowledgeable, especially in history and science, and a bit of a nerd. He doesn't care as much about fashion as Lana, but is even more into video games and tech. Does well in Turf Wars and Salmon Run. Was redeemed a few days after Lana, who found him unconscious in the Deep-Sea Metro. He also finds it hard to talk to girls, even his sister and female Octotroopers sometimes. :)P)

Rebekah is an Elite Octoling with long tentacles; like most Elites, her hair is dark with teal tips. She has golden-brown skin and amber eyes. She is friendly yet anxious, and seems to be knowledgeable about the surface world; she is fluent in Inkling and has dwelled on the surface for a couple of years now. She is a huge fan of Off the Hook, and even managed to meet them and get some gear from them (totally not from Amiibo :p). She went with Lana to the Deep-Sea Metro. (I kinda hear her with an Australian accent in my head...?) Like Lana, she often has regrets about the terrible deeds done while working as an Elite in the Octarian forces. Her nickname is Bekah.

Zero is a Sanitized Octoling with neck-length, wavy tentacles; from the little that remains of her former self, she seems to have pale skin and dark brown hair. She speaks in a soft voice and does what she's told; she seems to program computers in her spare time. Other than that, little is known of her.

Zero's real name is said to be Sanae Izumi.

I call Agent 8 Olivia or August, depending on gender. (Olivia starts with O; August is the current eighth month of the year.)

Other:

Cherry is a peppy sea anemone with long tentacles in a plait down her back. She often wears sporty clothing, not because she plays sports, but because they're comfortable. She often carries a bag with her.

Hope is a benevolent sea angel who runs a quiet book shop. She has a passion for poetry and literature, and seems to like flowers, often keeping a bouquet on her desk. She is childlike in appearance, with a chubby physique, round face, and curly "hair." She has "wings" that don't necessarily help her fly, although they aid her in swimming. She often calls people "dearly beloved" or "my love." She has a semi-translucent appearance. The "heart" on a real sea angel's head is integrated into her small, heart-shaped mouth, and the "horns" stick up through her hair.

Isaac is a teenage sea urchin with a lanky appearance. His spines are black and point down a bit, making his hair look a bit less big and spiky than Spyke or Murch. Similar to Spyke, his eyes have a purple sclera, though his iris is bright blue rather than green. He often looks annoyed or angry, but is well-meaning, and a nice guy once you get to know him; he just happens to not smile often. (Basically, looks like he could kill you, is actually a cinnamon roll. :p) He's one of those people that has to say, "Really, I'm happy, this is just my face." Similar to Spyke, he speaks in a ****ney accent; he is also soft-spoken and doesn't talk much.

Luna is a moon jelly. I...need help with her. :P

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom