• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon Online Squads

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory

Welcome to the Squads Section of Squidboards. In the Squad Social section all Squads come together and put up their threads for recruiting, dismissing, information about themselves and official data about their members. What are Squads you say? Good question. Squads are the Squidboards' equivalent of a group or clan or in other places, a team. Squad is a grouping of Squids who want to band together and seek challenges or challenge other Squads. Splatoon allows groups of players to engage in colorful and strategic paint battles both privately and public. In order to set team challenges privately you must have the latest version of the software. As of now Splatoon is at version 2.5.0. This version contains all maps and weapons known to Splatoon and all the possible gear. Squads are formed by Squidboards' members so spread the word and have your friends join Squidboards and form your own Squad to challenge others. Splatoon allows a maximum of 4 vs 4 team of squids but if you have more friends and allies you can set up turns within the game. Squads here have virtually no limits so Squad away.

What do you do now that you are interested in making or joining a Squad? Good question again. If you are new and want to be the leader, start by picking a good name for your Squad. remember not to pick up a name already taken and to be creative. This is like any other social media in the world of the internet. Discretion is needed so please do not pick a name that sounds too vulgar, contains coarse language or words. Do not include offensive or racist words in the team's title too. Keep it at a humble level. Once you have your name set you will automatically become the Captain. A captain is the leader of the Squad. Your job is to attract players or bring friends who can be with you in the team. Once this is done you can promote your Squad in the forum below this thread for everyone to see, try a catchy title for your thread to invite the attention of other Squids. If you don't want to bear the burden of being a Captain you can join a Squad instead.

Joining a Squad is not as easy as making one haha. You first need the approval of a Squads Captain. In the Squad Social you can check for existing Squad Threads and pick among the best you see to join. Post in their thread your desire to join them and likely provide info about yourself, as to why that Squad should let you join. If successful you will be notified by them. If you don't have luck searching for a Squad to join you can put your info in your own thread and hope/wait for Squads to find you. This is a flipped version of instead you going to them. It's like a Sword for Hire type of scenario. Personally, going out and asking squads is usually the best option.

You can do this by visiting the Squid Locator section.http://squidboards.com/forums/squid-locator.35/ This section is for Squids looking for specific squads and also Squads looking for Specific squids. The Squid Locator is not found here, in the Inkopolis Plaza Forum section. It is located in the Splat Zone Forum section.

So I made or joined a Squad now what? Good question part 3 lol. If you joined a Squad you'll need your Squad leader or Captain to decide to challenge against another Squad. Or if you are the Captain, it's time to issue a challenge in the Clan Wars section. http://squidboards.com/forums/clan-wars.34/This is found in the Splat Zone section of the Forums. For best results, it's better to challenge a Squad directly by communication with their captain. Rules and common agreements are done in the Clan Wars section. Have fun challenging.

So I've been great and my Squad is solid now what? Glad you asked. The next level is from casual to competitive or the major leagues. You want your Squad to shine right? It's time to challenge the pros now. Your aimed section is the Tournament one. http://squidboards.com/forums/tournament-listings.20/ This is where the big guys are around. I am part of the SCL (Splatoon Community League) which holds tournaments, our section is here:http://squidboards.com/groups/SplatoonCommunityLeague/extra?type=information There are other communities so the Tournament Listing is your place to go for the big ones.

Now how about some things to keep in mind after you join or make a Squad?

Commitment: Teams/Squads are like family, the same way you and a group of friends/colleagues are considered "family". Therefore, joining a team/Squad or making your own is a commitment in that it's your responsibility to stay active and keep up with your new family. It is up to the leader(s) to keep up with all aspects of their team/Squad including updating the roster as people both come and go, keeping track of Team/Squad Battles won and lost, etc.

Splatoon Online Squads List
Inkzooka Squad
Captain: @StarForce
Co-Captain: @StarHunter789 @WydrA
Members:
@GeeCee
@TheLuigiInkling
@DeanAdamFry
@Saltystick
@The Inkvenger
@Immortal
@Ness
@joetext
@LyonDRC
@Kitty
@MarioJr64
@Juko
@Auregash

Red Hot Inky Peppers Squad
Captain: @Jiggly
Co-Captain: @Cedy
Members:
@Frizz
@Ikana VT
@Mazdamaxsti
@Actilide
@Frizz
@MustDash
@deyskil

Salty Splatoon Squad
Captain: @MoonMonkey
Co-Captain: @IsmaR
Members:
@Smooth Criminal
@APC99
@TheFirstPoppyBro
@Scoliosis Jones
@AEM
@lobotheduck21
@augustoflores

Pow Splatoon Division Squad
Captain: @Sarger
Co-Captain: @Kairo
Members:
@KingDuncanGamer
@Isen
@poppypop99
@RedJonas
@RhysRah
@Rainbow Road
@DeathByGluten

Galactic Warriors Squad
Captain: @TheJohnnyBoy720
Co-Captain: @thepyrusgod
Members:
@Astral
@Cynda
@Jacob777
@mancity

Squidz Ink. Squad
Captain: @CaptainKrook
Co-Captain: @DemmDoza
Members:
@Xertico
@joshwmags

N5 Star Squad
Captain: @toadster101
Co-captain: @Snowboar
Members:
@Betelgeuse
@Death
@lazycake
@Manny Toons

Squid Eater Squad
Captain: @JJ the Splattershotter
Co-captain: @SleepySkarTNF @C_Mill24 @Fig Newton
Members:
@Ionasal
@LittlestMinish
@Mr. Squidward Tennisballs
@Unessential

Bloopers Squad
Captain: @Puffy
Co-captain: @Terabyte
Members:
@dcooper
@Plex
@EsYosh
@Malamink

Ʈwisted Ƒaith Squad
Captain: @xCoCo
Co-captain: @Wizdoodle @NyaaDoodle @The_Nintendrone @Jo_splatoon @Drez @AzraelAsylum
Members:
@Cereal
@Squiddlypuff
@Average
@Faces3
@Chiro
@Ametrine
@Scoot
@rsnw
@Malakbel
@doritos29
@Smash64
@SOUL KING
@instantRainbow
@Cordial
@Oniric
@coomb
@Dan Ugore
@tazz
@Sylvaur
@The_Goominator
@SkyBlue

Cephalopods: Squids and Octopi
Captain: @nfan10039
Co-captain: ?
Members:
@PHIL Master 227
@Tepip
@camarosquid
@FlashTheSentry

The Cephalopods Squad
Captain: @doop
Members:
@MidnightSquidoo
@DJ InkyFresh
@MotherGoose

Team PFG Squad
Captain: @Shooby
Members:
@Quietrabbit
@kyouzou
@Unessential

Sprayze Clan Squad
Captain: @Judd
Co-captain: @Crusty Sean @Hierp @Burritoburger
Members:
@Dne1494
@Zeno
@Electra
@Kehorie
@NerfHerder19
@Konsori
@Demiose
@ShinyHunterNoah
@Sheek360
@TheNarwhalQueen

The Money Team Squad
Captain: @Colgate
Co-captain: @Artryuu*
Members:
@synctryc
@Tao

Ink Floyd Squad
Captain: @Protom
Co-captain: @LordJackal
Members:
@Rd0Lg
@Link14
@Ben
@IsaacBachl
@DireYoshi
@theblackbird

Arcadia Squad
Captain: @Teeples
Co-captain: @Abaraik
Members:
@LifeUp
@Mikkums
@MrC
@Notyouraverageperson
@Taylor
@Andesite
@Gladeon
@Sayan

Dynamite Squad
Captain: @luigisly
Co-Captain: @AGES
Members:
@Bryce04
@CzarDB
@Robert
@Maq
@Flash_
@JohnnyK
@Riddm.
@Lilnickf6
@Kryzz

th¡NK Tank Squad
Captain: @Jdullum97
Co-captain: @MasterPineapples
Members:
@Dream Spider
@ShellShock
@FnaticFrolex
@yubeee

C- Squad
Captain: @Valkyria
Co-Captain: @[EJ]_Locke
Members:
@Chhipz
@Grafkarpador
@SheriffCrazy
@Sharpzz
@~ath
@RemiRei

ĸ¢ - Koopa Clan Squad
Captain: @Kiver
Co-Captains: @Magnet-Alpha @Sorin
Members:
@Kamek
@Dark
@Zerashi
@Starxlx
@Xtreme
@Sael
@Darkrapht

Rainbow Mages Squad
Captain: @Draayder
Co-Captains: @#BA @Marraphy
Members:
@Arconious
@Kingbowser
@Dr. Peace

SquidBlast Squad
Captain: @crunchgames
Co-Captain: @IRektLess @Deneb Cygnus
Members:
@Smashling79
@ithagod
@ade
@Fluffy_Duck
@Tristan
@kingtrace
@Alpha_JP
@GigaLuigi12

Battle Alliance Squad
Captain: @Dugo
Co-Captain: @Lyncas
Members:
@Polpo
@Bubbles
@BetoMan
@Ruka
@Elfen

Inkopolis Elite Squad
Captain: @ThunderWolfST
Co-Captain: @indigamer
Members:
@ishpuppy
@ragingpikablu
@ikarius

Blackbelly Bouncers Squad
Captain: @Njok
Co-captain: @SquiddiamFancyson
Members:
@SupersonicWaffle
@MickX
@Arcadian

Kraken Radio Squad
Captain: @Chi Chi
Co-Captain: @Gruz
Members:
@FeelinkIt
@Blade
@ElGatoEsBlanco
@Inksavior

the visionaries Squad
Captain: @Trinitrotoluene
Co-Captain: @JayRing627
Members:
@Suicune748
@Comet Knight
@Sax
@ult1mate
@iBurstie

New Order Squad
Captain: @ObscureDruid
Co-Captain: @Admiral Ackbar
Members:
@ProphetEyes
@Dragonuto
@_Vicious_
@Knuckles
@Jyuseu
@cron0
@kyuubi
@xnox
@BarneyLTD

New perspective Squad

Captain: @DeltaFixer
Co-Captain: ?
Members:
@LinkLuigi
@splatroller
@jebs
@Vera_

Additional lists, rules and results
For a list of Rules & tips on making the Squads please scroll down to post #4 made by me also (StarForce) or if a little lazy then just hit this link which will take you there immediately: http://squidboards.com/threads/splatoon-online-squads.221/#post-4711
It's a page link, clicking it will move you to the position like a teleport in here, it will not load another page elsewhere. If you are lazy to click it you just spawned a whole new level of lazyness lol.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Make sure to call a leader the Team Captain. the captain will be the rep. of a group, and as such, a sort of leader.
When someone thinks of a squad, they will refer to more or less the captain.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Additional info. This is part of the original post but divided due to space constraints.

Splatoon Community League

http://squidboards.com/groups/SplatoonCommunityLeague/extra?type=information
You must go here to sign your Squad for competition. Make sure to set up a Team of up to 8 players If you have more you can make two teams with the remaining members. For all the information please click on the link and sign up your Squad officially once there. @Aweshucks ,@Flying_Tortoise, @RoyLee are the top members of The SCL if you need any info contact them.

Squad Making Tips
1. Battling: If you want your Squad to participate in a lot of Squad battles, don't just wait for other Squads to pose challenges! Challenge them yourself. This will make other Squads want to pose more challenges in the future, making the activity on this section flourish. On that note, if you want to join a Squad, don't be afraid to ask a Squad's captain, if a certain Squad interests you. Think of it as a job application.

2. Naming: Name your team/Squad something sensible. Nothing stupid like "I Did Your Mum" or downright inappropriate like "Heil Hitler: Modern Day Nazis" and make sure its a name easy to remember and is short and to the point.

3. Advertising: As far as advertising your team/squad goes, putting something like "Interested in joining an OTL Squad? PM me for more info about the Iron Wolves" in your signature is fine. Blatantly advertising your team/squad is NOT fine! Example: "HEY GUYZ YOU SHOULD TOTALLY LIKE JOIN MY OTL TEAM"

4. Responsibility: As team/squad leader, it is your responsibility to keep up to date on all that happens in your team/squad such as wins/losses as well as update the roster as people come and go. You can appoint other members in your team/squad to help you run things. i.e you could perhaps make someone in charge of video footage of any battles you participate in for example.

5. Commitment: Teams/Squads are like family the same way you and a group of friends/colleagues are considered "family". Therefore, joining a team/Squad or making your own is a commitment in that its your responsibility to stay active and keep up with your new family. It is up to the leader(s) to keep up with all aspects of their team/Squad including updating the roster as people both come and go, keeping track of Team/Squad Battles won and lost, etc.

Squad Battles
What good is joining/making a squads if you can't battle with other squads? Once there are at least a few teams/squads that have been formed and are ready to battle, Squad Battles will commence! Starting one is simple, this thread will be dedicated to Squads complete with a list of which members are a part of which squad which is. PM the Captain of the opposing team and challenge them to a squad battle. If both he/she and the Captain of your team (unless you are said Captain) agree, a squad battle shall begin!
Name the terms and conditions of your battle. i.e best 2 out of 3 overall with each battle consisting of 4 members from your Squad and 4 members from the opposing team battling to the best 2 out of 3. As Squad Captain, you and the Captain of the opposing Squad should try to match up your squad mates in a way that's as fair as can be. i.e don't send your strongest members against the opposing teams weakest members and vice versa. More rules (that are reasonable) should be decided upon before the squad battle starts (set up a reasonable time for both parties and be sure to PM everybody in your squad of this development well in advance.)

Common Rules for all Squads
1- Squads are "for fun" teams. Do not harass members into joining a squad if they don't want to.
2- Do not insult other Squads in anyway, post and pre battles. Do not humiliate lower ranking Squads nor make fun of them. This is highly offensive and will not be tolerated.
3- Do not harass or insult your own members or Squad co-captains and Captains. Do not call anybody a loser or "you should not be in this Squad" or "you suck" or the likes.
4- Specifically for Captains and co captains; do not abuse your leadership power. Being the lead doesn't mean you can force your members or teammates into something nor make decisions that a member may find uncomfortable. Also discuss in advance the leaving of a member. Don't outright "fire" them on the spot or block them (in Squidboards) without a reason first.
5- If you as a Captain or co captain need to step down, notify the Squad first and appoint a suitable successor to your position. If a member, also notify the Squad of your team so a new member can take your place.
6- There can only be one Captain (leader) per Squad but a few co-captains (second best or the right hand when the captain is not present). Everyone else is a regular member.
7- As is the nature online, make sure you have a stable connection. Do not disrupt Squad duels with repetitive disconnections or game quits.
8- No Double Agent scenario - Squads are unique. A member, Captain, co-captain will not be allowed in two different Squads. If this happens you will not be registered in the second Squad you appear in. A Squad with this trait will not be able to battle on duels and while registered will behave as if it has a missing member. If you want to Make a Squad of your own please quit the current Squad you are in. Members of a squad who make another Squad as Captain will not get their Squad registered until he/she officially defect it's current Squad.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Love the layout. Any chance that we could instead call crews Shoals or Squads in this game? Sounds a bit better imo.
Still on boards for Team Captains. ;)

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
I have a notion for some big yearly event: The Splatoon Olympics (online). Teams could register before hand and everything. But about the teams that would be cool: They would be the top players bper area. For example, Top five players in West Coast make a Squad, Top 5 payers in Midwesst make a Squad, Top 5 players in the UK make a squad, etc. Essentially, multiple Dream Teams for each designated area.

In addition to this, there would be different "events". Splat Zones, turf War, Etc. This could be an epic yearly event hat would be awesome to see imo.
What do you think?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Man, I see crews popping up all over the place! I'm really glad to see the community getting together like this. Good luck with this! :)

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I have a notion for some big yearly event: The Splatoon Olympics (online). Teams could register before hand and everything. But about the teams that would be cool: They would be the top players bper area. For example, Top five players in West Coast make a Squad, Top 5 payers in Midwesst make a Squad, Top 5 players in the UK make a squad, etc. Essentially, multiple Dream Teams for each designated area.

In addition to this, there would be different "events". Splat Zones, turf War, Etc. This could be an epic yearly event hat would be awesome to see imo.
What do you think?
Essentially that is what I want. I'm just a rookie on this kinda thing since I've never been part of a team that goes to tournaments or events nor am I very knowledgeable on the subject. I am in a crew in Smashboards but I do not participate because of my bad network. I'm more of a cheering voice than an active member on it. I would if I could help my team and I find this very interesting so I wanted to bring the crew concept for Smash. Splatoon is all about multiplayer so crews or Squads would be the most awesome assembly that can happen. Dream Teams can be formed the same way Smash leagues are done. Gather best players of an area and unite them under one banner. I'd be like basketball dream teams per area. Then again I might request someone with good knowledge and ample resources to carry on with my idea. This might be too much for me to direct. But the idea is so awesome I couldn't let it pass. Eventually someone would have had this idea materialize. I'd request the person to help setting the tournaments as I'm not knowledgeable about how to do those. Never have done, never been part of one. But it will be a great feature here at Squidboards.

Note: To differentiate from Smash crews I have renamed the thread to Squads and replaced crew with Squads. while the ranking seems the same as Smash at least the concept changes.

Last edited:

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
I would be interested in joining a squad once I get a little practice. seems like it would be fun.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I would be interested in joining a squad once I get a little practice. seems like it would be fun.
Well you are part of my Squad already or do you want to quit mine and look for another? Spreading the word is nice so I hope Squads flock to here has expected so you could find one suitable for you if mine is not satisfying. For now it's a bit premature but i'm sure Squads will pop out soon everywhere. On the other hand I think it might benefit you since I have a bad network and will probably not be able to connect same as in Smashboards were I cannot. I also won't be having the game due to money issues as I don't own a Wii U. So it may hinder you to be part of a Squad whose leader cannot battle. Just like the army a leaderless team has no will to fight and will lose. I probably also cannot join a Squad as a member since I'd be occupying a slot that another productive teammate could be using. It's kinda sad that the one that brought up the Crew/Squad idea cannot participate in one for one or more problems.

Last edited:

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
ill join yours, sure. just a warning, im not that familiar with shooter type games.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
Sounds fun! I was going to wish everyone luck with getting this off the ground but I'm more than posititve squads will be a huge thing. :P

I'm going to wait until I actually have the game to try joining anything. Hopefully we can have huge squad battles like Smash has been lately like NorCal vs SoCal!

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
In terms of finding battles with other teams, we could do what us members on mkboards do, we have one large skype group with various members that is dedicated to asking for matches in 6v6, 3v3, 1v1ko formats. (Or in splatoon's case, 4v4s and 3v3s. assuming we don't need 8 players to start a game) And of course if anyone spams/gets off topic, we could warn them or kick them from said group.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
In terms of finding battles with other teams, we could do what us members on mkboards do, we have one large skype group with various members that is dedicated to asking for matches in 6v6, 3v3, 1v1ko formats. (Or in splatoon's case, 4v4s and 3v3s. assuming we don't need 8 players to start a game) And of course if anyone spams/gets off topic, we could warn them or kick them from said group.
That sounds organized and real time information. How about Making the skype group with the Squad Leaders only? The group would be an official posting of who asks who for a battle or to post information and changes. Then once everything is done the Captain relays the final result to his teammates as in *Our Squad will face of with X Squad at 4:30 pm EST on Monday, the rules are 1- etc 2 etc.* Might this work? Of course info from the captains can go here too for those who don't have/don't want to get skype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom