• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Sound Problem

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Hey Everyone! I noticed a small problem with my game and that is the fact that certain sounds don't work. For example, When I play turf wars I hear everyone else shooting their weapons and it sounds so cool! However, when I play with a weapon like a splattershot I can't hear myself shoot at all. I've tried everything with my TV and it has nothing to do with my TV. Is it my console, or is it the game? Suggestions?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
This is odd, I've never heard of this before. I wish I could help. :(

Stormowl

Inkling
NNID
Stormowl
Very strange, Is it digital or physical? Is it up to date? If It's digital you could try re-installing(NOTE: Save data is attached to the application!) P.S I read this in Charlie Browns voice...

Edit: Might have to do with the HMDI cord. Make sure It's plugged in all the way.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Very strange, Is it digital or physical? Is it up to date? If It's digital you could try re-installing(NOTE: Save data is attached to the application!) P.S I read this in Charlie Browns voice...

Edit: Might have to do with the HMDI cord. Make sure It's plugged in all the way.
Its physical. And I have tried the HDMI chord and that is not it. Lol thanks!

NNID
Sarki241
Haven't noticed your problem, @RoyLee. But I do notice an audio glitch where the entire game audio will mute for a few seconds on multiplayer and Octo Valley, seemingly at random. It can be from the match all the way to the results screen. It makes for some awkwardness, but it's not too intrusive.

Wrog

Senior Squid
Never noticed any Audio glitches, I have a physical copy.

Twalpe

Inkling
NNID
Twalper
I have the same problem, the only sound in the game is the back music. No voice, the weapons are too low, can barely hear it... Anyone knows what to do?

Twalpe

Inkling
NNID
Twalper
I found the problem here, my wii u sound configuration was surround, but I don't have that... Just changed to stereo and it's all working fine :)

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Just an Update: If you change your Wii U's sound output to stereo it will work!

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I had a wierd sound glitch myself yesterday where certain Booyah's were cut off abruptly on my gamepad's speaker. Happen at least twice to me in one match. Anyone else had this happen to them?

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I think the Booyahs get cut off if they happen to booyah right when they get splatted or fall off somewhere. As for other sound glitches, I've found that completely random sounds will cut out for no reason (such as the sound effects for the Ready? Go! words appearing before a match, and other inklings don't make a sound when you splat them, no sound is heard when a burst bomb is thrown etc...). I'm not sure if that has anything to do with me using the Wii's av cable for the Wii U, but it will do that sometimes even though it's plugged in all the way.

Reactions: blu

fuchsia

Full Squid
NNID
fuchsiaplays
i've also contributed booyahs getting cut off to lag, it only seems to happen in matches where teammates are lagging noticeably already and it's the only sound problem i've ever experienced. the booyah sound comes through the gamepad, not the tv, so it wouldn't be an issue of wrong tv settings there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom