• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon strategy sharing thread

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I've got a strategy (pre-release strats ftw). If you take your gun and shoot at the ground you cover it in ink. Try to do this for most of the map on turf war. That's all I've got. ;) (Sarcastic Post)

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Shoot Ink, don't get Splat.

Eh...it only worked for SMNC...

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
I won't be sharing out my winning strategy. Otherwise, you guys would be able to win! :D
But seriously, I have a strategy, but only members of my squad will know about it for now. Still trying to come up with a cool name based off of my username for the strategy. ;)

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
one thing I thought for snipers is that it may actually be beneficial to intentionally miss a first shot when firing at someone. if they know they have a sniper on them, they will run for cover and as long as they are hiding they cant very well cover any turf, and as a splat charger doesn't seem to be all that made for ink coverage (though it could be used for it I suppose) they are serving their purpose by crippling enemies. of course they can superjump away, so they definitely need to be killed before they do that, but it may help to stall the kill a little

EnderGamma

Senior Squid
NNID
EnderGamma
I have a strong feeling most strategy won't be tricks or gimmicks rather than straight up map control. The maps seem pretty straight forward whether you're walking out of spawn or using the launcher. If you have your team covering the landing sight as well as the lanes from the spawn, I believe it should be fairly simple to keep the map ink in your favor.

But of course as I have yet to play the game myself this is just theory strategy and solely speculating based on gameplay I've seen and other games I've played. Only the launch will tell.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
well any ideas on how map control can be attained?

EnderGamma

Senior Squid
NNID
EnderGamma
well any ideas on how map control can be attained?
Eliminate as many enemy inklings as soon as you can. Have one teammate cover the landing pad. Two members cover the lanes from spawn. The last cover map and assist other two groups. If this works it'll be map dependent. It may not work at all. We'll just have to wait and see.

theflaminggamer

Inkling
NNID
theflaminggamer
I was watching the completionist play splatoon, and I think I came up with a strategy/tech sort of thing. If you get enough speed as a squid, go up a box, then while your in the air, turn into a human and fire, then land on the side and repeat, it will be hard to hit you , and the shot will fire, but you won't be in the same place that you fired, which dosent happen if you were to just fire after stopping.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
im not sure what your saying with your idea, flaminggamer, could you try rewording it? are you saying to launch yourself into the air by transforming out while moving up a vertical surface?

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
HERE ARE MY PRE RELEASE COMP PRO STRATS FOR SPLATOON
  1. SHOOT THE OTHER TEAM
  2. DONT GET SHOT BY THE OTHER TEAM
  3. SHOOT THE GROUND A LOT
  4. WIN
YOU CAN THANK ME LATER

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
the killer pre-release strats to make you a mlg pro
1) Rooty Tooty Point And Shooty
2) repeat step one

Protom

Pro Squid
Oh boy. Can't wait to write up some of my stealth set ideas and plans. I'll write up a post on my post direct ideas later..

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
After a long winded and rather silly self-contemplation, I've decided I'll share my secret strategy to victory in Splatoon....

Ink.

(sorry)

In all honesty, I do believe it's a bit early for sharing strategies.

ItsZyker

Inkling
My strategy for Splatoon is ninja squid and ink saver sub then Aerospray MG as my main and burst bomb as my sub. Then I'm gonna sneak behind opponents and burst bomb spam them and for close range I will kill them with the Aerospray MG!

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I always believe informing your team where the other players is the best kinda stuff.I will be using the special weapon that lets me do that.

theflaminggamer

Inkling
NNID
theflaminggamer
im not sure what your saying with your idea, flaminggamer, could you try rewording it? are you saying to launch yourself into the air by transforming out while moving up a vertical surface?
After I try it on the test fire, I'll explain it better.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
Something I'm noticing while playing the Global Testfire is that jumping around and flicking the paint with the Splat Roller is VERY effective if you can manouver well. Lot of team mates kept dying to this myself included.

Shinobi

Inkling
A way to counter roller is when they run at you, you run backwards and still shoot at them. If you get ambushed by a roller and they are right beside you, turn into a squid get a good distance away and then go back into human form and run backwards and shoot at them. At first I thought roller was overpowered during the first few minutes of playing Global Testfire, but after using this strategy it was easy to deal with them. Think of it like you have a gun and they have a sword and as long as you don't get into the range of the sword you beat them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom