• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Survey

TheOnlyStarz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheOnlyStarz
Switch Friend Code
SW-2730-2890-7517
Hi guys! I'm TheOnlyStarz, aka Starz. I'm a senior in college and currently doing a research project/paper on Nonverbal Communication in Multiplayer Video Games, specifically studying Splatoon. For this paper, I am required to do "observations" which can include literal observations of game play, a survey of questions, or any other form of experiment that provides data. I have chosen to create a survey and ask Splatoon players to fill it out. This is where you come in.

I am looking for Splatoon players who are willing to answer a survey of 10 multiple choice questions and 3 short answer questions. If you choose to take this survey, please answer honestly, seriously, and to the best of your abilities. All answers will be submitted anonymously.

Here is the link to the survey: http://lsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9XlkNhPZAlUIlKd

To the staff of Squidboards: if what I am doing is considered inappropriate, please inform me immediately and I will remove this post. If you have any suggestions of how I can collect this data more appropriately or if I should be posting this in a different forum, please inform me. This is my first time turning to the online public for help on something college related. Since my paper is Splatoon related, I figured Squidboards would be an appropriate place to start with gathering volunteers.

You have my utmost thanks for your assistance in completing this project.

Thank you once again,

TheOnlyStarz

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Filled it out.

Wow, I somehow know a lot more in-game gestures for this game than I thought. I should probably use them more often. At least in a non-taunting manner. Though there I times when I want to squidbag my teammates when they get splatted for doing something foolish, like charging at an inkzooka/rainmaker blast head on.

SonnyBlueBalls

Full Squid
NNID
ReaganMcClellan
Took the survey. My friend is doing a similar survey that i helped him with the groundwork. Not splatoon related, dont get your hopes up.

Hope you get a good data sample!

TheOnlyStarz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheOnlyStarz
Switch Friend Code
SW-2730-2890-7517
Filled it out.

Wow, I somehow know a lot more in-game gestures for this game than I thought. I should probably use them more often. At least in a non-taunting manner. Though there I times when I want to squidbag my teammates when they get splatted for doing something foolish, like charging at an inkzooka/rainmaker blast head on.
Thank you again for your help! :) Yeah, it's really surprising learning just how much information you get from such basic features of the game. Oh I know how you feel, I've had that happen with me too; it can be really annoying.

TheOnlyStarz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheOnlyStarz
Switch Friend Code
SW-2730-2890-7517
Took the survey. My friend is doing a similar survey that i helped him with the groundwork. Not splatoon related, dont get your hopes up.

Hope you get a good data sample!
Thank you so much! ^-^ Oh that's really cool! lol it's okay.

Again, thank you! I'm very grateful! :)

TheOnlyStarz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheOnlyStarz
Switch Friend Code
SW-2730-2890-7517
Hope my answers weren't too long ^_^;
No, it's okay! :) I actually really like getting long answers; it gives me more data to work with. Thank you so much for participating! ^-^

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Filled out the form

It was kind of interesting to see how in-depth the body language of splatoon is. It's something a lot of people don't think about while playing, so it was intriguing answering these questions. I hope you can reason with my answers :/

TheOnlyStarz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheOnlyStarz
Switch Friend Code
SW-2730-2890-7517
Filled out the form

It was kind of interesting to see how in-depth the body language of splatoon is. It's something a lot of people don't think about while playing, so it was intriguing answering these questions. I hope you can reason with my answers :/
Thanks so much! :) I'm glad you were able to take something from my survey. It's cool; for one thing, I can't tell who the different responses belong to. Another thing is I want people to answer these questions as honestly and open as possible; it gives me a wide variety of results which is very helpful when writing my paper. So again, thank you so much! ^-^

TheOnlyStarz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheOnlyStarz
Switch Friend Code
SW-2730-2890-7517
What are you going to do with this survey?
As I've mentioned, it's for my research paper's observation portion. I'll be using the data I've collected from the survey to support my research questions I've presented in my paper as well as provide my professor with a better insight to the many nonverbal cues found in multiplayer video games such as Splatoon.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If you need more, I could always slap a link to your survey on The inkademy (with permission from the mods, of course).
It's a data/survey kinda place, so I'm sure there would be no shortage of people willing to take it =p

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
Just took it, I didn't include it but if it helps I can tell you of a time in which the entire public lobby coordinated with each other in Rainmaker.

TheOnlyStarz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheOnlyStarz
Switch Friend Code
SW-2730-2890-7517
If you need more, I could always slap a link to your survey on The inkademy (with permission from the mods, of course).
It's a data/survey kinda place, so I'm sure there would be no shortage of people willing to take it =p
Oh wow, I appreciate the help! I've actually manged to get more survey takers than I'd ever hope to get. :) Thank you so much though!

TheOnlyStarz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheOnlyStarz
Switch Friend Code
SW-2730-2890-7517
Just took it, I didn't include it but if it helps I can tell you of a time in which the entire public lobby coordinated with each other in Rainmaker.
Thank you so much! :D And sure, if you'd like to share, then by all means go ahead; you might tell me something that I haven't hear yet which is always good for the discussion portion of my paper. Plus I just love hearing everyone's Splatoon stories. :)

TheOnlyStarz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheOnlyStarz
Switch Friend Code
SW-2730-2890-7517
Filled it out. Given my rep as the forum's resident party hater, my responses should be fairly predictable :p
Thank you! :) lol It's perfectly fine! xD I need all the different responses I can get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom