• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon tourneys at Next Level In Brooklyn, NY

JaYsLiK

Inkling
NNID
iJaYsLiK
Idk if u all know. But Teamsspooky who is well known in the FGC community will be hosting Splatoon tourneys in Brooklyn, New York when they realease the patch on August or maybe before (Hopefully). So be on the look out if your in the NY area or around New york. I will keep you guys posted anyway if anything. And actually i beleive it will be hosted by Teamspooky and IQHQ which is my team. BUt i give u guys updates wen times get close!!

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Idk if u all know. But Teamsspooky who is well known in the FGC community will be hosting Splatoon tourneys in Brooklyn, New York when they realease the patch on August or maybe before (Hopefully). So be on the look out if your in the NY area or around New york. I will keep you guys posted anyway if anything. And actually i beleive it will be hosted by Teamspooky and IQHQ which is my team. BUt i give u guys updates wen times get close!!
Yup, Sp00ky and I have talked about running Splatoon at Next Level for a while now, especially since Smash Attack has started up. Once running Splatoon tournaments in-person is feasible at the local level, we'll definitely be doing this.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
So how do you plan to do local events, anyway? As far as I know, there's no LAN option, so you'd have to connect at least 8 set-ups to the same internet connection.

Or is there already a solution for such? I don't really know much about tournaments and/or technology.

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
Sp00ky running Splatoon tournaments? Based.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Wow this looks great, luckily i live really pretty close to this so i'll most likely be attending. Maybe i'll get to meet all of you fellow New York players there ;)

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Nice, thank you for sharing. Unfortunately though I live nowhere near Brooklyn. :(

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
This is actually pretty cool. Hopefully, the're streaming it, because I'll definitely watch it.

Lochy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lochinator
Im totally gonna participate in. This sounds so awesome. Also live I live in Manhattan so getting there shouldn't be a problem

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Im totally gonna participate in. This sounds so awesome. Also live I live in Manhattan so getting there shouldn't be a problem
Oh hey a local player, if we are going to participate in this, we should definitely start getting a team going :D

Lochy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lochinator
Oh hey a local player, if we are going to participate in this, we should definitely start getting a team going :D
Sounds like a plan man. If we can recruit enough people we may be able to start a Manhattan only Splatoon group!

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Yeah sounds good. Probably having a NYC Splatoon team in general would be good.
I would think we could successfully pull one off, usually NY has a good amount of players in general because of its size, in the NY/NJ group, we have about 6 or so already

Lochy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lochinator
I would think we could successfully pull one off, usually NY has a good amount of players in general because of its size, in the NY/NJ group, we have about 6 or so already
Yeah I'm part of the NY/NJ group already.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
What patch in August are you talking about exactly?
The summer content patch, which is apparently coming out in August, will include custom games and party matchmaking. It's likely that for tournaments to happen at all, we'll have to wait for this patch to be released first.

Lochy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lochinator
The summer content patch, which is apparently coming out in August, will include custom games and party matchmaking. It's likely that for tournaments to happen at all, we'll have to wait for this patch to be released first.
Oh. Thanks! I got sometime before August to start practicing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom