• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon tourneys at Next Level In Brooklyn, NY

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
The summer content patch, which is apparently coming out in August, will include custom games and party matchmaking. It's likely that for tournaments to happen at all, we'll have to wait for this patch to be released first.
What about Battle Dojo?

Raiz

Inkling
i live in westchester county but can totes go to da city whenever i want sooo i might join this shin dig

Robochao

Full Squid
NNID
Robochao
I'm 100% in there if it's at Next Level.

Jersey City squid here, so no reason not to :cool:

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Can't wait for the Stream of that. Spooky is such a solid guy, does so much for the gaming scene over there. Props and good luck to the tourney. Hope it's successful, no doubt it's do wonders for other local scenes in NA. It's definitely what the community needs.

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
What about Battle Dojo?
I think the issue with Battle Dojo is one person will be forced into using non-motion controls. I know for a fact I play a lot worse when I'm on non-motion controls (I never played any shooter before Splatoon, so motion controls is basically what I grew up on). I don't think it's fair, or fun, for tournament game play to be running like that. People could lose simply because they were forced into a control schema they didn't like. The whole reason Smash is bring your own controller is because it sets you into something your comfortable with.

Obliminal

Inkling
NNID
Obliminal
Im so down this would be awesome I live in the Bronx it would nothing to travel to Bk my birth place but here's the thing if anyone is looking for as crew or teamates or joining up Im down ranked 20 I got Good gear I don't have no YouTube videos yet but looking forward to doing so and live streaming on twitch so if you down hit me up and Im looking forward to this event Im hype to know there's other hardcore splatoon players

Idk if u all know. But Teamsspooky who is well known in the FGC community will be hosting Splatoon tourneys in Brooklyn, New York when they realease the patch on August or maybe before (Hopefully). So be on the look out if your in the NY area or around New york. I will keep you guys posted anyway if anything. And actually i beleive it will be hosted by Teamspooky and IQHQ which is my team. BUt i give u guys updates wen times get close!!

Attachments

Vyvuto

Inkster Jr.
I don't live in the city but I'd love to attend a tournament. Hopefully by August I'll have found a team and I'll be ready to destroy everybody. :P

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Yup, Sp00ky and I have talked about running Splatoon at Next Level for a while now, especially since Smash Attack has started up. Once running Splatoon tournaments in-person is feasible at the local level, we'll definitely be doing this.
Anything happening in Philly? Just wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom