• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon VR?

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I am very much against a VR Splatoon. Just imagine trying to dive and swim in VR. It would be visually confusing, vomit-inducing, and probably elicit memories of the Virtual Boy.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I am very much against a VR Splatoon. Just imagine trying to dive and swim in VR. It would be visually confusing, vomit-inducing, and probably elicit memories of the Virtual Boy.
Well said. I agree 1000000%. VR is ok for fps' but def not splatoon of all games.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
VR doesn't have to mean 1st person, though. SMO and BotW are both 3rd person VR experiences.

Sir Ngyes

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Simple234
I could see it working with the ink cannon in the singleplayer campaign, using the ToyCon Blaster, of course. It could be a series of VR challenges using weapons and items that could work well in conjunction with the VR kit, much like the ones for the free update to Super Mario Odyssey.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
VR doesn't have to mean 1st person, though. SMO and BotW are both 3rd person VR experiences.
What's the point of making something VR when it's not 1st person? Just strap a Joycon to your head and you already have 3rd person VR.

Cephalobro

Only if I'm able to zoom even closer to the faces of the cephalopods without their models vanishing.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
What's the point of making something VR when it's not 1st person? Just strap a Joycon to your head and you already have 3rd person VR.
A Joycon is a controller. Not sure what your point is.

It'll still look cool in VR, even though it's not first person. It'll still look as if you're there. But you'll be the camera instead of the character. Most types of games, including Splatoon, Mario and Zelda won't work in 1st person. Would be a shame to just leave the out of VR though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom