• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Weapon Ideas (Sheldon's Picks, Volume III?)

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
While many of Splatoon's weapons eventually got pretty nice alternative sets throughout all of the game's updates, Sheldon's Picks presented us with some pretty fearsome yet awesome-looking weapons! With some of the very bright, colorful and tropical designs (such as the Wasabi Splattershot and Berry Splattershot Pro), it got me thinking: what other weapon types have we not gotten from Sheldon yet that could make for some great alts.? And then I began coming up with some fun weapon ideas... and here they are!

Note: The art that I've uploaded for each of the weapons are largely WIP's, so once I get the basic concepts across for each of them, I'll redo them and reupload better quality ones!

Coconut E-Litre 3K (+Scope)
Sub: Sprinkler
Special: Inkstrike
Special Depletion: Medium
Sheldon's Description: "I found this E-Litre 3K all rusted and dried up in the back of my shop -- so I cleaned it up and gave it a sick brown spray job! Plant a Sprinkler up on a sniping perch to spread ink and make any approaching opponents think twice about disturbing you. When your special gauge fills up, bust out an Inkstrike to aim for your foes and hit hard!"

Vanta Carbon Roller
Sub: Splat Bomb
Special: Echolocator
Special Depletion: Light
Sheldon's Description: "Made of the darkest material known to all of Inkopolis, this Carbon Roller has been revamped with a great set that really lives up to it's aesthetic! Corner your opponents with a Splat Bomb before giving them the jump with a flick of the roller. You can also give you and your teammates an edge by tracking foes with an Echolocator."

Glocken Jet Squelcher
Sub: Ink Mine
Special: Echolocater
Sheldon's Description: "WIP."

Twin Dual Squelcher
Sub: Splash Wall
Special: Bubbler
Sheldon's Description: "This is a squelcher that not only has two barrels, but who's barrels are IDENTICAL! Crazy, right? Now you can shoot a barrage of ink from behind a Splash Wall to keep safe and to keep distance. And you can always rely on popping your Bubbler when the going gets rough, or if you just prefer to possess panic button."

L-3 Nozzlenose V
Sub: Splat Bomb
Special: Splat Bomb Rush
Sheldon's Description: "The L-3 Nozzlenose V, otherwise known as the Vintage L-3 Nozzlenose, is a classic among others. I found it in the shop's storage, paired with Splat Bombs and the Burst Bomb Rush! I'm sure many stylin', profilin' squid-kids sported this weapon back in the Inkin' Eighties."

Splash-o-Matic 007
Sub: Disruptor
Special: Inkstrike
Sheldon's Description: "Rock this new pick of mine like the great James Bond himself! I've given this spy-inspired remix Disruptors to deter enemies in the fog of war, and the Inkstrike to finish them off with a big BOOM."

Blaster MAX
Sub: Splash Wall
Special: Killer Wail

Spotted Rapid Blaster
Sub: Disruptor
Special: Inkzooka

Speckled Rapid Blaster Pro
Sub: Burst Bomb
Special: Kraken

Gibbous Luna Blaster
Sub: Point Sensor
Special Depletion: Heavy

Takoyaki Octobrush
Sub: Seeker
Special: Echolocator
Sheldon's Description: "This most scrumptious Octobrush is one of the more savory additions to my ranks, and was once used in the culinary arts. Set off a Seeker to give an oblivious squid kid a heated chase! And I gave it the Echolcator as well, so you can fall back from a fight and lend your teammates a helping hand."

Tri-Slosher Sundae

Sub: Suction Bomb
Special: Killer Wail

Sloshing Machine 0
Sub: Burst Bomb
Special: Bubbler
Sheldon's Description: "While rummaging around for spare parts over at Flounder Heights, I came across a Sloshing Machine that some rowdy Inklings must have trashed... so I brought it back over here. The Burst Bombs help to damage foes who breach your weapon's range. The Bubbler also allows for you to get right into the action so you can slosh your happy heart away!"

Hydra Splatling Deluge
Sub: Squid Beakon
Sheldon's Description: "As opposed to it's more casually utilized counterpart, the Hydra Splatling Deluge is a highly pressurized version that could almost be considered DANGEROUS (don't tell the devs I admitted that)! Anywho, strategically place Squid Beakons to set up a spot or two among the battleground, and THEN prepare to wreck shop with the almighty Kraken! You'll be able to swim through ink and high water with this decked out special."
And that's it! If you come across any of my ideas that you think should be tweaked, please feel free to comment suggestions below about what their sets should, or just express your thoughts on these weapons. I'd like to also note that the descriptions given for each weapon aren't from the glorious Sheldon himself -- I had the pleasure of coming up with them. Anywho, thanks for reading! I just hope that we get to see another volume of Sheldon's Picks soon...

Last edited:

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Your ideas sound really cool (I like how you've mixed in the Killer Wail and added another Seeker Rush, and I especially love the aesthetic of the Vanta and Sundae), but it seems like some kits are too similar to kits already out there-The Custom E-liter already has a Kraken, and Kraken's not super different from Bubbler (especially since people tend to use both as a panic button), so the Deluge is pretty similar to the original.
And while a Bomb Rush with a different sub is interesting and unique, it also feels kind of iffy when Bomb Rush is supposed to just be 'your subs don't cost anything to use'. It'd be really interesting to see, especially if people activated their specials more for the purpose of temporarily getting a new sub instead of just for the rush, but that might also be a bit of a problem-It's like giving weapons two subs and a special.
And this is something small, but the Deco variant doesn't really make sense-Weapons usually get a variant based on their brand (Hence why there's multiple weapons with Deco, Custom, Neo, etc.), and the Sloshing Machine already has Neo. It's also not really as interesting as any of the other Sheldon's Picks, which are supposed to be wildly unique.

For the Vanta, maybe instead you could do Ink Mine/Echolocator? It kind of fits an 'in the shadows theme', and the Echolocator could help pick places to put Ink Mines.

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
Your ideas sound really cool (I like how you've mixed in the Killer Wail and added another Seeker Rush, and I especially love the aesthetic of the Vanta and Sundae), but it seems like some kits are too similar to kits already out there-The Custom E-liter already has a Kraken, and Kraken's not super different from Bubbler (especially since people tend to use both as a panic button), so the Deluge is pretty similar to the original.
And while a Bomb Rush with a different sub is interesting and unique, it also feels kind of iffy when Bomb Rush is supposed to just be 'your subs don't cost anything to use'. It'd be really interesting to see, especially if people activated their specials more for the purpose of temporarily getting a new sub instead of just for the rush, but that might also be a bit of a problem-It's like giving weapons two subs and a special.
And this is something small, but the Deco variant doesn't really make sense-Weapons usually get a variant based on their brand (Hence why there's multiple weapons with Deco, Custom, Neo, etc.), and the Sloshing Machine already has Neo. It's also not really as interesting as any of the other Sheldon's Picks, which are supposed to be wildly unique.

For the Vanta, maybe instead you could do Ink Mine/Echolocator? It kind of fits an 'in the shadows theme', and the Echolocator could help pick places to put Ink Mines.
First, I just wanna thank you for the feedback! I already realized that some of these were going to be similar, just because that's how some variants that we've already gotten are, but there's definitely some things I can change:

I was actually debating whether or not to give the Coconute E-Litre an Inkstrike, although I think now I will for sure. In retrospect, Killer Wail and Inkstrike are out of the picture (because they're redundant to the weapon), Kraken and Echolocater are already taken, so that leaves me with the Inkstrike, any Bomb Rush or the Bubbler, and I think the Inkstrike works best.

For the Deluge, it was more or less an improvement upon the Custom, although you make a fair point to say that it's too similar even with the change... what if I replaced the Sprinkler with a Squid Beakon, so to give it that combo? Or would that be too common since it's already a set for 4 other weapons? There's actually only 6 weapons in the game with that sub (making it the 2nd least common), although if that's still not enough I can come up with an entirely different set :)

And regarding those Bomb Rushes: which weapon are you referring to that has that special? The Vanta or the Gibbous Blaster? I assume the former, since that's the one you made further suggestions to, but anyways (and I'll just refer to the Vanta) I wanted to maintain it's Splat Bomb capability but also add one of the tracking weapons, although having the Bomb Rush for the sake of the Splat Bomb IS a weak point in itself, so I like the idea of the Echolocater, but perhaps I'll go with the other bombs (Splat or Suction)? I know giving it the Ink Mine would make it unique, but one of the bombs may be better for it than that.

Anywho, do reply with your thoughts on these possible changes, and I'll be glad to edit everything! Thanks again!

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
You're welcome! I always really enjoy reading and talking about ideas for new weapons!

Ink Strike would be an interesting combination-It'd give the weapon two pretty good ways to ink up turf, which covers a major weakness of chargers! It'd definitely do well for Turf War, and I think it could be good for Ranked, too-Sprinklers could help clear a perch, and (I don't use E-liters, though, so I'm only making guesses here)

I think that would still be pretty new! Even though the combination's been used a few times, a Hydra still plays differently from the other four weapons, and maybe the familiarity of the sub/special combo would motivate people to try it out! (and Beakons could definitely use some more love)

It was kind of both, but I didn't have any ideas for the Gibbous. (I've never played with a Luna Blaster, so I don't think I should be making any suggestions there) You're definitely right that a Suction/Splat bomb would be better than an Ink Mine (if only it could get some more buffs...), and both of them have their own tricks, so I think either works well!

And don't feel too pressured to change your ideas based on my suggestions! I'm just one person, after all, and I know there's a lot of people with different ideas and playstyles that would probably react differently! These are your ideas, not mine, so don't let me hijack them!

Inkling Ash

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Zachy_Dad
Yeah I think they should a third pick then they should start (hopefully) creating the second splatoon game.

★Forge

Senior Squid
NNID
Slumplush
Mini Inkstrikes: 4 or 5 mini Inkstrikes.
Sprinkler Rush: 10 Sprinklers
Splatball: 1 Ball Where you throw it at someone and splats (can kill more than one person)

These are special wepaoms

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
Mini Inkstrikes: 4 or 5 mini Inkstrikes.
Sprinkler Rush: 10 Sprinklers
Splatball: 1 Ball Where you throw it at someone and splats (can kill more than one person)

These are special wepaoms
I'm loving the creativity with these ideas!

But first and foremost, and this may not be clear to all people who see this thread, but I'm only making Weapon Ideas for classes that haven't gotten a Sheldon's Picks variant, so while your N-Zap set seems pretty awesome (I actually do like it quite a bit), it isn't something I'd include on here.

Second, I like the idea of a multitude of mini Inkstrikes, and the Sprinkler Rush is certainly a cool thing too (you could trap your opponents with it and get a Sprinkler splat), though the Splatball seems a little underwhelming... is it like a blob of ink that floats/bounces where you throw it? I imagine you shooting it out of a blaster sort-of weapon, and having it fly through the air a bit before slowing down, but it's still an interesting concept I've seen thrown around by others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom