• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon Wish List

superman

Senior Squid
Post what you want to see in future updates.

Personally I'd like to see:

• a spectator option for custom lobbies to enable tournament streams
  • an option to spectate a spactator (i.e. look at the same as the other spectator). this would immensely help casters who are not in the same physical location and can't look at the same screen. they need to know which player is shown on stream at the moment.
  • if we can't have former option have an option like followkiller in quake. basically the view switches to the player that has killed the player you were watching. this won't give casters the same freedom but they have a way to ensure they are looking at the same thing
  • option to customize controls, right now the L button does nothing but for me it would be more comfortable to reach than the face buttons.
  • option to record demos / save video like in Mario Kart.You could use the Inkopolis' café as a place to watch recorded stuff, maybe even join games as a spectator.

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
Basically only two things right now:
- Transfer Main Abilities to other Gear of the same type. (e.g. Ninja Squid from that lame Shirt to say..the Baseball Jersey or amiibo clothing)
- Make the Amiibo-weapons at least have the sets of the custom weapons (Tentatek Splattershot, Krak-on Roller, maybe even Splatterscope instead) They wouldn't be overpowered but at you could at least use them. The amiibo rapid fire weapon looks so good imo. But its sub and special are ... ugh. Useless.

So rather cosmetic things for me. :D

IMA_MOOSE

Inkling
NNID
NightmareShy.X
It would be great to see more amiibos having uses in the game other than the splatoon ones.
Not sure how they would handle it. More missions or open areas would be nice.

Outfit items inspired by them would also be cool.

LatencyZT

Inkling
NNID
LatencyZT
Ranked Turf Wars and Unranked Splat Zones. Also all that stuff promised in the August update.

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
Spectator mode is a must! But it probably won't happen.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
Oh boy here we go.
*More options for phrases to say via the Control Pad. like "Help Me", "Splat them", "Control this area". I know Come On in some languages translates to "Jump Here", but to an English American player it isn't so obvious. With he lack of voice chat more commands to say could help plan strategies even if you can't verbally speak with allies, sort of like Ping from Portal 2 or Gamespeak form OddWorld. But for people abusing or obsessing over this feature should it get put in like mashing one command over and over, I can see why we're left with just two.
*More "branded" weapons like the Tentatek Splatshot and the Krack-On Roller, with different available Subs and Specials, or at least an option to pick between two or three Subs and two Specials per weapon (It's not every sub and special available for one weapon, but it'll at least allow a bit more creativity with selecting weapon loadouts.
*Depending on what loadouts you use, Abilities that would affect certain Sub and Special weapons would work differently, like using a Sub that's placed instead of thrown paired with Bomb Range Up, or the Inkstrike and Killer Wail paired with Special Duration Up.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
  • LAN play for tournaments
  • Option to disable or standardize gear effects in private lobbies and LAN
  • Replays and spectator mode
  • Regional matchmaking
  • Ranked and unranked queues for all game modes
  • Being able to change your loadout in the lobby, perhaps even check what your teammates are doing
  • Capture the Zapfish
  • Playable Octolings

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Oh boy here we go.
*More options for phrases to say via the Control Pad. like "Help Me", "Splat them", "Control this area". I know Come On in some languages translates to "Jump Here", but to an English American player it isn't so obvious. With he lack of voice chat more commands to say could help plan strategies even if you can't verbally speak with allies, sort of like Ping from Portal 2 or Gamespeak form OddWorld. But for people abusing or obsessing over this feature should it get put in like mashing one command over and over, I can see why we're left with just two.
Yeah, this would be great, especially with the lack of voice chat.

*More "branded" weapons like the Tentatek Splatshot and the Krack-On Roller, with different available Subs and Specials, or at least an option to pick between two or three Subs and two Specials per weapon (It's not every sub and special available for one weapon, but it'll at least allow a bit more creativity with selecting weapon loadouts.
Yes to more branded weapons, or just more alternative weapon loadouts in general.
Maybe to selecting loadouts on individual weapons. Not sure I'd like that, I'd prefer just more weapons in general.
*Depending on what loadouts you use, Abilities that would affect certain Sub and Special weapons would work differently, like using a Sub that's placed instead of thrown paired with Bomb Range Up, or the Inkstrike and Killer Wail paired with Special Duration Up.
YES! I hate having Bomb Range Up on my gear when I'm using the Krak-On Roller (so pointless with the Beakon).
Inkstrike and Killer Wail don't last longer with Special Duration Ups? Why not?

As for my own thoughts, I'd like...
-More single player levels, perhaps challenge levels where you can use other Hero weapons (Shot from the main mode, Charger and Roller from the amiibo) or fight Octolings on all the multiplayer stages or something. And if you're going to have those levels, maybe have some with...
-Hero Blaster (& Replica). And Hero Brush ( &Replica). It just seems odd that the Blaster was missing from the amiibo challenges (Brush is more understandable, since it wasn't out at release).
-Also, differentiate the Hero Replica weapons. Maybe like this:
Hero Shot Replica: Splat Bomb/Bomb Rush
Hero Charger Replica: Burst Bomb/Inkzooka
Hero Roller Replica: Seeker/Bubbler (I really want a roller with Bubbler)
Not necessarily those loadouts, but different from the normal weapons.
-Hard Hero Mode. Not sure how exactly it would work (enemies deal more & take less damage, act sooner (no ! reaction to your presence, just immediately shooting at you), smarter Octolings (going for 2v1 when possible, running away when low on HP if possible) with more varied loadouts (just imagine Octolings with Rollers and Seekers running you down, or ones with Chargers sitting up on a vantage point and sniping at you), being locked into the default equipment with no (or less) upgrading, stuff like that), but I'd like some more challenge in Octo Valley. Preferably with other weapons being usable on Hard, as compensation for picking the more difficult... difficulty.
-Octo Valley multiplayer stage (can you tell I liked Octo Valley yet?), with some of the stuff from single-player (sponges that increase and decrease in size depending on who controls them, inkrails whose colors can be changed by shooting the origin a few times (or once, with a strong enough weapon), fan platforms, Octolings). Might be a bit tricky to balance, but I think it could work.
-Give a Roller weapon the Bubbler (I really want an invincible paint roller, if only temporarily, and the Kraken doesn't count because you're not a paint roller anymore when you use it) and give a Charger the Kraken (just because I think it would be kinda funny to have a sniper turn into the invincisquid and escape while drilling through would-be attackers, might actually be really bad, I dunno).

• Replays and spectator mode
  • Ranked and unranked queues for all game modes
  • Being able to change your loadout in the lobby, perhaps even check what your teammates are doing
  • Capture the Zapfish
  • Playable Octolings
Also, these. Especially Capture the Zapfish, that sounds great.

Last edited:

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
Thanks for the reply, Kirby.

I think some kind of alternative type of Splat Zones sort of like Halo Reach's "Invasion" game type where you have a team of four Inklings and four Octolings (which are available in both genders instead of just female, and can wear gear normally) and one team has to defend theirs from attack while the other attacks it. It'd have two separate non-symmetrical maps that cannot be played in any other game type. In the "Squid" map, which takes place in the surface world, the Octarians are on the offense while the Inklings are on the defense. In the "Octopi" map, the location is Octo Valley and the Inklings are on the offense and the Octolings are on the defense. The playable Octolings get to use new colors, which are darker shades of colors used in the multiplayer (i.e. Blue becomes navy, Emerald becomes Teal) along with their standard Fuscha, which is a "Dark Pink".

Another thing which I initially made for one of my own ideas outside of Splatoon is having two layers of Gear: One that is shown visible on your Inkling but doesn't provide the Abilities, and the other is not shown, but gives the abilities.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Thanks for the reply, Kirby.

I think some kind of alternative type of Splat Zones sort of like Halo Reach's "Invasion" game type where you have a team of four Inklings and four Octolings (which are available in both genders instead of just female, and can wear gear normally) and one team has to defend theirs from attack while the other attacks it. It'd have two separate non-symmetrical maps that cannot be played in any other game type. In the "Squid" map, which takes place in the surface world, the Octarians are on the offense while the Inklings are on the defense. In the "Octopi" map, the location is Octo Valley and the Inklings are on the offense and the Octolings are on the defense. The playable Octolings get to use new colors, which are darker shades of colors used in the multiplayer (i.e. Blue becomes navy, Emerald becomes Teal) along with their standard Fuscha, which is a "Dark Pink".
Yeah, that sounds pretty neat. I've never played Halo (except for the original for a few weeks at summer camp years ago, and we only did deathmatch, so...), but that certainly sounds like fun (though I'm not sure if all the Inkling headgear would fit on Octolings' heads (with their tentacle-being on top of their heads and rather sizable rather than hanging down like Inkling girls or being on top of their heads, but looking like it could easily be hidden under a hat like Inkling boys), but that could possibly be resolved somehow).
(Also, would male Octolings be a thing in this mode?)
Only problem I can think of is that it sounds like they'd have to build maps specifically for this (maybe they could use the current ones and just count the spawn points as the place that needs defending), and I'm not sure they'd do that much work right now; maybe they'll add something like that if they made a sequel (years down the line, probably for the NX).

Another thing which I initially made for one of my own ideas outside of Splatoon is having two layers of Gear: One that is shown visible on your Inkling but doesn't provide the Abilities, and the other is not shown, but gives the abilities.
That would be nice too. It's certainly a good alternative to paying loads and loads of money to Spyke to ugrade the gear I like (like the Octoling Armor and the Hero Headset) so I can wear them into matches.

Gweb

Inkling
  • Ability to press B to leave lobby while it's still searching for players
  • Alternative methods to roll sub slots with less RNG
  • Time Trials mode similar to Mario Kart 8 with leaderboards
  • Customize Controls
  • Save/Load Equipment loadouts
  • Skip button for Callie/Marie's news flash
  • Coop VS AI gamemode (Perhaps an attack/defend style where you raid or defend a castle from octalings, monsters, and bosses)

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
This ^^

And More of this

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
The option to lock your favorite color for your team might be a good idea (for example it's blue vs orange and you locked green ,then it will be shown green only for you while your teammates without choosing a color will see blue...if the enemy has your favorite locked color it will be swapped then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom