• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon youtubers?

RonanM52

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Crazyronan3000
Hey guys I've been wondering

So there's a lot of Splatoon youtubers and to honest there channels haven't been very active lately which kinda sucks :( or they are doing other things like stupid mario maker D:< I trying to find active Splatoon youtubers does anyone no any?

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Trust me, you're better of just going on twitch and watching splatoon streams. I pretty much had the same dilemma, and was hesitant on signing up, but i've grown to like it a lot. Those who stream often are 2dos (which is my favorite). S+ squad battles and he memes often. and boo the bun. And there are still quite a few more.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I should point out that I put up Splatoon videos and am still doing so. That being said, I'm also doing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Super Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8, and One Piece: Unlimited World Red at the same time too. If you ever come across a "Blythe-LPS," that's me. Here is a link to my channel. I don't ask for views or subscribers, just comments (which took a huge hit ever since the Google+ integration).

Warning: I am not very good with this game. If you're looking for high-level play, you'd best go somewhere else. That being said, I seem to be much stronger in Turf Wars than Ranked for some reason. I think I'm just not very good with direct combat.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
The situation you described sounds like Pksparkxx, but in case you haven't watched him, go check out his Splatoon videos. There are a bunch of them, and they are a lot of fun. However, as I said, he isn't putting out much Splatoon content at the moment, but there is a really substantial backlog of videos to see.

His channel name on Youtube is Pksparkxx Dathottness. He has become one of my all time favorite youtubers, so I implore anyone to try his stuff.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I have a YouTube channel where the main focus is Nintendo. I'm posting Splatoon videos fairly actively - at least once a week. I'm stilling working on getting voice overs down but I'm getting there, so hopefully future videos will have some commentary! I'm also focusing on other games such as Fatal Frame and amiibo Festival but Splatoon will always be the main focus.

Unfortunately, for a lot of more popular YouTubers, they don't stick with these sort of games for very long. They may still actively play but they don't actively record the play throughs anymore. Right now, the only YouTuber I could recommend is ZackScottGames. He doesn't post Splatoon very frequently anymore but he's got like 120+ episodes for Splatoon or something. So there's a lot to watch and catch up on as we wait for new videos for Splatoon from him. He usually always does videos when there's a Splatoon update. :)

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
It's because other games are coming out and it is wise for youtubers to cover games such as Fallout 4 or Mario Maker or whatever. While Splatoon is hella fun, after the first few months of the game's release, people stop watching and want to see what else is new. This is usually why earlier episodes in a series (such as a Let's Play) have more views than later ones as well. People like to view things that are new, maybe see if they want to play it for themselves. If a Youtuber is getting paid to make videos, it is in their best interest to give the people what they want: the good, new stuff. It's also why some people don't post anything Splatoon until maybe a big update hits or another weapon is released. A Youtuber I watch regularly (PyroPuncher) said that Splatoon just wasn't doing very well on his channel (views-wise) despite people in the comment section wanting it (and how much he himself liked the game). He tried bringing it back for a few episodes but it just wasn't doing as well as other things and he was forced to drop it for a 2nd time - why spend time playing a game if no one will watch it (especially if youtube is your job)?

As people have said, you'd be better off watching streams if you want some hot splatoon action.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
A Youtuber I watch regularly (PyroPuncher) said that Splatoon just wasn't doing very well on his channel (views-wise) despite people in the comment section wanting it (and how much he himself liked the game). He tried bringing it back for a few episodes but it just wasn't doing as well as other things and he was forced to drop it for a 2nd time - why spend time playing a game if no one will watch it (especially if youtube is your job)?
This is exactly the pattern I have noticed. Splatoon was easily the most-requested game for me going into 2015, but when I actually put it up, it trailed behind Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and both are far behind Super Mario Maker. The people who requested it never actually sat down to watch them (or at least comment on them). I don't drop games because they're unpopular though. I don't earn money from uploading videos.

Spar☆

Inkling
NNID
getSHREKTson
Oh yeah there are tons of great, high-level YT channels dedicated to Splatoon! ThatSRB2Dude, Squids Next Door, Imperious FiveLeafClover, Squidkids, Nintendome, 2dos, TouFool31, and much more!!
Yes, I would also recommend watching FiveLeafClover, 2dos, ThatSRB2Dude, and Squids Next Door all on Twitch too :D

BtheDestroyer

Full Squid
Imperious FiveLeafClover is a good one. He livestreams way more than he uploads, but that means you can just watch old VoDs whenever you want and have hours, even days of matches.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Imperious FiveLeafClover is a good one. He livestreams way more than he uploads, but that means you can just watch old VoDs whenever you want and have hours, even days of matches.
I checked out his latest stream, he seems pretty disenchanted with Splatoon, for reasons that I don't entirely agree with.

BtheDestroyer

Full Squid
he seems pretty disenchanted with Splatoon
I don't know if I'd say that. Yes just gotten to a point where playing competitively requires seriousness so he hates playing in random lobbies because 1. Its hard to be good when there the potential to have to carry. 2. He has to because his squad mates all have issues so they can't play.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I don't know if I'd say that. Yes just gotten to a point where playing competitively requires seriousness so he hates playing in random lobbies because 1. Its hard to be good when there the potential to have to carry. 2. He has to because his squad mates all have issues so they can't play.
Well, he went on a big rant about "trash tier weapons" (such things exist?), the Luna Blaster Neo (is it really that overpowered?), and how "nobody cares about competitive Splatoon anymore" (I can't comment on this, doesn't seem to be the case, though).

Didn't sound like he was having a good time with the game anymore, which is fair enough if those things are frustrating to him. He's a good player all the same, just didn't seem like he was going to play the game much anymore, or enjoy it if he did, and if you don't enjoy it, why play it, for your own sanity?

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
He's waiting for Fast Racing Neo?
in his latest stream he outright says he doesn't want to stream splatoon anymore because of reasons @Inyo already mentioned. just check out his last stream in past broadcasts and skip to the last 10-15 minutes.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I'm suggesting he needs something to do while he's waiting for a new game to come out.

Anyway, this is getting a bit too focused on one person, there's more than just the one guy out there and the thread is about finding those people.
See above, and I agree with your second point.

I think SwimmyBird is the most entertaining and good-natured of them, even if he isn't the super expert player that SRB is. He also posts more often.

I think streaming is more the way to go than YouTube, not a lot of channels upload regularly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom