• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatournament Spotlight 1 - Booyah Battle 4 and SCL 6!

Welcome to Squidboard's first ever Splatournament spotlight! There always seems to be some squids and kids keeping it fresh and competing in this game we all love over the weekends. Maybe some readers out there don't know about the tournament scene or maybe they just need a little bit of help catching up on some of the bigger upcoming events. Well here's the perfect way! So grab some fresh gear, load up on ink, and see the big tournaments happening this weekend!

Booyah Battle 4

A tournament ran by Hypest on behalf of /r/splatoon, Booyah Battle 4 is unsurprisingly the fourth rendition of this online tournament series. The tournament is set to take place this Saturday on November 14th. Thirty-six teams have signed up at the time of writing and some of these are the best of the best including:
  • Team Nintendome - Coming from the Youtube channel of the same name, Team Nintendome has had some good tournament performances with their most recent being 1st place finishes at Calimari Cup and Messtival 2.
  • The Squid Box - They have managed great success in previous tournaments with 1st places wins at Booyah Battle 3, SCL 4, Messtival 1, Booyah Battle 2, and Calimari Cup 1.
  • Name Subject To Change (NTSC) - They have had several high placing tournaments with the best being 1st place at SCL 5.
  • Meme Containment Unit - This team has pulled out many 2nd and 3rd places finishes at a myriad of events. Will this be the day they finally get first?
  • Koopa Clan - A French team that has found much success in Splatoon having gotten 2nd place at both Messtival events.
  • Bloody Ink - The first Italian Splatoon team.
More information on this event is available here on Squidboards. Best of luck to all teams competing and be sure to stay fresh!

SCL 6
Hosted by the Splatoon Community League, SCL 6 will take place this Sunday on November 15th. At the time of writing 12 teams have signed up for the event which will included talented groups such as:

• Panda Global (SND) - Squids Next Door, sponsored by Panda Global, is a high caliber team capable of putting dents in any tournament.
  • Koopa Clan (1 & 2) - The same French team that is competing in Booyah Battle 4 is sending two teams to compete in SCL 6.
  • Cyberbullies - A semi-successful team having one major placement at Calamari Cup 2 with a 2nd place.
More information on the event is available here on Squidboards with signups still potentially available for teams interested. Best of luck to all teams competing and be sure to stay fresh!

---​

Well there it is folks, the two big Splatoon events this weekend! Don't forget the Tournament Listsings forum right here on Squidboards has anything a squid or kid could need for finding competitive events to enter. Which teams will be bringing home the gold this weekend? Let us now in the comments below and stay tuned to Squidboards for future tournament coverage!

Last edited:

Comments

Semi-successful? You know Cyberbullies is Determination/SS-C/SS-J right? We have had consistent finishes going back a while with our current roster :o

Semi-successful? You know Cyberbullies is Determination/SS-C/SS-J right? We have had consistent finishes going back a while with our current roster :scared:
I did not know this. It is really hard to keep up with these constant shifts when you've got other things in life happening.

I did not know this. It is really hard to keep up with these constant shifts when you've got other things in life happening.
Nah it's cool, we changed names a few too many times lol. I find it more humorous than anything, no worries.

Cool. Nice roundup! If you need any clarification on anything, please don't hesitate to PM me. Here, Twitter, wherever you want. Because I'd call Cyberbullies successful as they are ex-SS-C.

and NEW ORDER didn't get a mention ... we just formed and entered and came joint 5th with NSTC

oh well we will enter more and hopefully place higher :) gg to all the teams that played in BB4

and NEW ORDER didn't get a mention ... we just formed and entered and came joint 5th with NSTC

oh well we will enter more and hopefully place higher :) gg to all the teams that played in BB4
Eeeek! ♡ I'm so happy for you guys!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom