• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Splattershot Discussion Thread

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Now, on the second unlocked weapon is the classic all-rounder, the Splattershot.

Name:
Splattershot / Hero Shot Replica

Alt Name: Tentatek Splattershot

Weapon Type: Shooter

Sheldon's Description for Vanilla: The Splattershot is beloved for its ease of handling and high potential. This is the latest model of the go-to weapon! The included Burst Bombs are great for both attack and defense, and the Splashdown special doubles down on attack power. You can also use the Splashdown as a defensive ace up your sleeve, so it's perfect for learning the basics of battling. If you learn to make great use of this set, you'll be a force to be reckoned with! This all-around set is great for mastering the basics of battle.

Sheldon's Description for Tentatek:
The Tentatek Splattershot is the product of a collaboration with the gear brand Tentatek! It's stats are the same, but now it has Splat Bombs as its sub weapon and the Inkjet special, allowing players to push the front lines! I'd recommend it for anyone who wants to quickly expand their team's turf and raise their team's morale!

Unlock Level: Vanilla variant is unlocked at level 2, Tentatek at level 4.

Range: 50

Fire Rate: 60

Damage: 45

Special Cost: 180 for Vanilla, 210 for Tentatek

Loadout for Vanilla: Burst Bombs & Splashdown.

Loadout for Tentatek: Splat Bombs & Inkjet

Major Strategies: None yet.

Feel free to discuss strengths, weaknesses, suggested abilities, strategies, set comparisons, or whatever below. Any verifiable helpful tips or strategies will be added to the Major Strategies section.

seaWEED

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-5511-7797
They need to give the octoshot the tenta kit.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
I love how well-rounded these weapons are!
Good fire rate, range, killing power...
Not the best in anything but stilll, how good it is in 'everything' is what makes them so good and fit for multiple jobs.

I usually run sub saver, special charge up and run speed for both splatter shots.

The vanilla is best if you find yourself mostly close or mid-range fights thanks to burst bomb and splashdown which can net some surprise splats if your fighting in close corridors or super jumping to a tight space.

Tentatek has somewhat more trouble up close deu no burst bombs, good aim is important.
But the splash bomb can be used to trick or space oppenets or chase away long range weapon users.
And inkjet can help with pushing as a few well placed shots can splat multiple enemy's and overall force them to scatter or retreat.

Vyledust

Inkling
I usually run sub saver, special charge up and run speed for both splatter shots.
Trying to find a third sub for these and the Pro. What subs do you use in addition to those?

I have LDE (3 Ink Saver Sub), Ink Saver Main (3 Ink Recovery Up) and Special Charge Up (x) so far. Thinking of Ink Resistance, Special Saver or Run Speed Up. I know you said you use RSU, and that might be your pick here, but what other ones do you use?

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Trying to find a third sub for these and the Pro. What subs do you use in addition to those?

I have LDE (3 Ink Saver Sub), Ink Saver Main (3 Ink Recovery Up) and Special Charge Up (x) so far. Thinking of Ink Resistance, Special Saver or Run Speed Up. I know you said you use RSU, and that might be your pick here, but what other ones do you use?
I tend to use ink resistance up too on most medium and short range weapons including splattershot.
For the vanilla splattershot, i also run the marker abilty sometimes but still learnig with it. (though i think it fits well on the weapon)
Personally, i wouldn't run main saver on a splattershot as they are already ink effiecient enough so other abilty's fit better imo.
Maybe use swim speed up too once i got good gear of it to increase overall mobilty.

But for the pro, i usually run sub saver, bomb defnese up and ink recovery up.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
Splattershot is the based god weapon. Praise.

Also, how the heck do I obtain the Hero version anyway?

Vyledust

Inkling
I tend to use ink resistance up too on most medium and short range weapons including splattershot.
For the vanilla splattershot, i also run the marker abilty sometimes but still learnig with it. (though i think it fits well on the weapon)
Personally, i wouldn't run main saver on a splattershot as they are already ink effiecient enough so other abilty's fit better imo.
Maybe use swim speed up too once i got good gear of it to increase overall mobilty.

But for the pro, i usually run sub saver, bomb defnese up and ink recovery up.
Bomb Defense for the Pro. Interesting! Anyways, the vanilla and ten splattershot are just side ones and the Pro is the main focus for me, so Ink Saver Main is required. I might just do Ink Resist in the shirt and be done with it. I can not go wrong with that or Run Speed from the sounds of it.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Same, Splatoon 2 makes the last idea of a completionist veryyyyyy hard.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Same, Splatoon 2 makes the last idea of a completionist veryyyyyy hard.
Really? Single-player's so short and easy this shouldn't be a problem for anyone here. I've unlocked 6 of the 9 so far just playing about 50 minutes a weekday since launch, and the Hero Shot is required on more stages than any other weapon. If you've beaten single-player, you should be able to unlock the hero shot replica in a couple of hours.

If this is your idea of a hard game to get 100% complete in, I can only wonder what other games you're playing.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Both versions are excellent, as to be expected.

For the Vanilla, Splashdown is more reliable than Burst Bomb Rush imo.
The TTek hasn't changed much (Splat Bombs and Inkjet more or less perform the same job as the orginal).

I just hope Nintendo release the Octoshot Replica sooner rather than later, because frankly the Splattershots look really ugly in this game.

Ketatnet

Inkling
NNID
ketatnet
Switch Friend Code
SW-8017-7454-5223
I run 1m bomb defense, 3s special charge, 1m ink recov, 3s ink resist, stealth jump and 3s swimspeed for my ttek
Might have to change the ink recov to sub saver since ink recovery is *** now

Eli-Monk

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkeysmell
I personally think the regular Splattershot is better now. I run (Or am trying to) 2 mains + 3 subs of Swim Speed, 3 subs of Run speed, and 1 main and 1 sub of Ink Resistance.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Really? Single-player's so short and easy this shouldn't be a problem for anyone here. I've unlocked 6 of the 9 so far just playing about 50 minutes a weekday since launch, and the Hero Shot is required on more stages than any other weapon. If you've beaten single-player, you should be able to unlock the hero shot replica in a couple of hours.

If this is your idea of a hard game to get 100% complete in, I can only wonder what other games you're playing.
Well,@MindWanderer, I am not a pro gamer and cant play that often so when I do I feel like there is a deadline so I can't really do it right and end up walking off right near the zapfish because some random reason (one time I was doing homework and playing so I was working on a problem and walked myself off the edge because I'm not good at multitasking...:mad::confused:and having to do the whole thing again. Meanwhile, my friend has never even seen the death screen until I showed him. So for me, yes it is hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom