• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splattershot Jr. Analysis

Splattershot Jr. Analysis

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
I'm not sure I'm doing something wrong, but I only see the first two sentences. How do you view the full guide?

Sombrinha

Inkling
NNID
kagecanada
Well… I don't agree with the part that it is a well balanced weapon. I am also a Jr. main, but we have to understand it's limitations, especially on 1vs1 combat. The gun is all about having turf control and just get aggressive when you have bubbler. Patience and positioning are key when you're playing Jr, cause you're easy target to almost every meta gun in the game and If you're in your good range in front of enemy, you will probably trade or die. So you have to stay in your place, use bombs to hold your position and ink turf. When you get bubbler, go aggressive, get in front of your enemy, kill him and get turf control of his place.
If you're in a fair 1vs1, try to get close and swim around your enemy to have an advantage position as much as you can, be careful about the lag in that situations, because thats mortal to Jrs.
The weakness of this gun is in the fact that it doesnt have good ways to put you in an advantage situation. Every non-bubbler kill is a flank, a camp or a mistake of your enemy, and there is a lot of better guns in the game that uses this kind of situation, like Carbon Roller and Tentatek.
And Splatoon has a gun that is better than Jr in that playstyle turfcontrol/bubbler, the Zink Mini. The Jr's advantage lies on mobility, like you said, but mobility is also a problem, because we have to use that to much in order to stay alive and kill and paint and do every thing, so playing this gun is hard, because mobility is stressful.
So… jr is a bad weapon, but its turf control and bubbler is what can make the gun strong in some situations. I highly recomend who main this weapon to try Zink Mini if your objective is to hold a corridor or to be in the front line.
Hope I can help with something and sorry about my English. XD"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom