• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Spoilers, Spoilers Everywhere!

Cephalobro

There will be Splatoon 3 spoilers all over social media in the next few days, so if you don't want anything spoiled, I highly advise staying away from all social media for the time being. Because there will be those who don't care that there are people who don't want spoilers at all.

Last edited:

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
The worst part is that Nintendo is actively taking spoilers down. I want to see everything, as I won't lose any enjoyment of things by knowing the ending before I get to it on my own.

Cephalobro

However, I can see where Nintendo is coming from. They worked hard to make the single-player mode have a really good story and planned to have so much hidden so players could discover for themselves. The actual worst part is spoilers directly in the thumbnail, I get that some want to know the leaked story, but spoilery stuff shouldn't be visible on the thumbnail at all, it should be completely hidden instead so it's not ruined for those who want to see it when playing the game themselves.

I for one saw a big spoiler because of a thumbnail, and no, I'm not going to say what it is.

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
Meanwhile, I'm pissed that they haven't announced Splatoon 4 yet, not ruling out that there will be a long period of no support for any Splatoon game. As for spoilers and all other stuff, they should just embrace how prevalent data mining is, and be open about things. People who freak out about spoilers will stop with enough time, as this is a dumb cultural thing.

Cephalobro

Not necessarily, spoilers can ruin an experience that someone had. Big revelations are meant to be kept hidden from the beginning for a reason, most people would rather not know instead of just seeing a moment being ruined because some jerk decided to show it directly on the thumbnail.

Also, it's way too early for a Splatoon 4. Datamining is also technically illegal as that's a form of hacking.

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
The only thing I can think of that you break is that one dumb DMCA provision about digital locks. As for Nintendo, if they announce an end of support date for a product, they should also announce the successor. Games like Splatoon are simply dead if they don't have ongoing support.

Cephalobro

Oh, datamining breaks a lot more than that. Another thing is that if the next game is announced too quickly, then Nintendo will be forced to abandon support for the current game too early. It's just how the video-game industry works in general.

Rike

Inkling
The only thing I can think of that you break is that one dumb DMCA provision about digital locks. As for Nintendo, if they announce an end of support date for a product, they should also announce the successor. Games like Splatoon are simply dead if they don't have ongoing support.
As a lorehead, I love discovering things on my OWN because that way I found them for me. If i see it in a random reddit post, i will care less about that lore tidbit because it wasent me who found it, and datamin es are even worse.
Not everyone is okay with spoilers.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Meanwhile, I'm pissed that they haven't announced Splatoon 4 yet, not ruling out that there will be a long period of no support for any Splatoon game.
This would be brand suicide. Nobody in their right mind would announce a successor to the product they're about to release.

gelatinoushare

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3384-2027-9131
I'm with you on datamining, since I probably wouldn't be as into splatoon as I am if it wasn't for the playable octoling speculation in the mid-late splat 1 days, but to announce a sequel or a spin-off to a game that hasn't even released yet would destroy the point of splatoon 3 (or any game in that situation) since a follow-up game is normally supposed to be an improvement on the last. You can see this problem in franchises like pokemon or call of duty.

Anyway, on the topic of spoilers. I have seen them willingly and without searching for them (the stuff I have seen looks very good and I'm excited to play it for myself!) so my recommendation for those who don't want to see them is to stick to places like this where it has more splatoon-focused moderation, and to stay away places like twitter, reddit and especially youtube.

Why are they Re-using the SAME Plot they did for the base game's 1-player Story Game FOR THE 3RD TIME IN A ROW?!!

Seriously; In the 1st & 2nd game & Now the 3rd game; The Great Zapfish was stolen by the Octarians; and It's Up to the Squidbeak Splatoon to Get it Back. . .

GET SOME NEW MATERIAL FOR THE BASE GAME ALREADY, NINTENDO!!!!

I Swear If they Do this AGAIN for Splatoon 4; I'll be even MORE P***ed off!

Why must they Open the Game's story mode IN THE SAME WAY 3 TIMES IN A ROW?!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cephalobro

Why are they Re-using the SAME Plot they did for the base game's 1-player Story Game FOR THE 3RD TIME IN A ROW?!!

Seriously; In the 1st & 2nd game & Now the 3rd game; The Great Zapfish was stolen by the Octarians; and It's Up to the Squidbeak Splatoon to Get it Back. . .

This one is worth playing, but that's the extent of what I'll tell you.

Last edited:
This one is worth playing, but that's the extent of what I'll tell you.
BTW. . .

What if you Don't have save data from 2? Do you get to choose what the OG Agent 3 looks like[Not to be Confused with the New Agent 3 that you play as in the game; the one that Has a Lil' Buddy Salmonid]

Cephalobro

BTW. . .

What if you Don't have save data from 2? Do you get to choose what the OG Agent 3 looks like[Not to be Confused with the New Agent 3 that you play as in the game; the one that Has a Lil' Buddy Salmonid]
I would assume yes, given Nintendo knows veterans will play Splatoon 3. I haven't got the game myself to confirm it yet though.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Well, i don't remember what i used to look like, but... I'm sure i was octarian. And Sploon 2's agent introduction for me WAS NOT.
But... If it remembers pre Octo-expansion, i... and probably most of the enjoyers, won't remember what they looked like post Sploon 2 story as an Inkling.

And i'd say story mode is a forced Octo expansion.

Rike

Inkling

Play the rest of the story mode. You may be suprised ;)

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
Hero mode is just a glorified tutorial. The bar for it is EXTREMELY low, as it basically boils down to a thing you have to play through to unlock a bunch of stuff, and most lore is given via collectable items.

Just One Question;

Why IS Agent 3 Fighting Deep Cut?!

Agent 4/Agent 8 never had to Fight Off the Hook

The OG Agent 3 never had to Fight The Squid Sisters

So Why Is The New Agent 3 fighting against the new Idols?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom